View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 02:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
alferz
Registered Users

Thought I would add my version, that I created from inspiration from this thread. I didnt have one of the original Phoenix adapters and since they are out of business, I used one of the cheap USB flight sim adapters with a slider switch that you use to select Phoenix RC, this is the kind you usually use with a mono-audio trainer cable attached to your TX. I desoldered the male USB port and the 3.5mm audio jack from it and soldered an old USB cable directly to the board (this was mainly because the enclosure I had wasn't big enough to fit a female USB and an actual audio cable). I have a Taranis X9D so I bought a cheap tiny receiver on eBay for 10 bucks compatible with Frsky's D8 mode, and soldered a lead from the PPM output to the solder pad on the Phoenix adapter that corresponded with the tip of the 3.5mm plug (which is signal), and the +5V and ground wires spliced off from the single USB cable to the appropriate pads on the RX. The base of the 3.5mm plug is the same ground as the board so no need to solder a separate ground. The micro receivers on eBay have a PPM and SBUS solder bridge, so you have to solder the PPM one together with a little bit extra solder to activate PPM mode.

I put the whole thing into an old HP printer AC adapter box I found at the thrift store, took all the innards out of it and it made a nice box, even a little bigger than I needed for this. This is an easy adapter with just one USB cable to worry about.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190309_121538.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	781345   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190309_121230.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	781347   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190309_121205.jpg
Views:	232