View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 01:57 PM   #42 (permalink)
Thomas.Heiss
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
I didn’t check blade tracking
Most micro helis have a fixed rotor head linkage set.
If the feathering shaft is ok, blade tracking should be theoretically OK too.

Unfortunately this is not the case for my XK K110.
Maybe it is the main blade holder set, who knows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
and I have no idea how to measure in degrees the pitch of such a small heli. I just have it as default.
I did the same on my NanoCPX before.
AFAICR I was not not on 100% travel for max/min pitch.

Basically you measure the blade length a, and the distance b between the two blades and then you will get the degree pitch from the calculated algorithm table.

German description and illustration picture: https://www.heli-planet.com/pitchrechner.html

Sometimes you find other people posting their b mm distance between the blades and suggestions like 30-35mm, 40mm, not more than ~45mm.
This is how I did it first on the K110 and it worked out of the box (even with inverted flight) without too much bogging down the motor.

Just make sure that you are not on very high positive/negative pitch values to avoid bogging down the motor.
Not sure if there will be much difference between 11, 12 and 13 degree.
I think I went with 11 degree pitch in 2012/2013.

Brushed motors do not have too much power.
At least the Nano motor is not simply turning off when you do rescue pitch rescue maneuvers over the ground like the MCPX V1/V2 :-)
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote