View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 03:28 AM   #63 (permalink)
koopa137
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
you actually should fly whatever you are comfortable with until you can fly in all orientations and crashing is rare. Once you get to that point your skills will allow you to fly even a twitchy bird.....it may be a little more difficult but your muscle memory will get you there.

If you are going to fly the 180 though and since you asked people who are more advanced fliers than yourself. I recommend listening to what they say. The answer to your problem is indeed better remedied by lowering your pitch. Think about what pitch does. The more pitch you have gives you more or lift (To a point that is....too much pitch and you can actually have your blades start fighting the wind instead of cutting through). You say it rockets up too fast....lower the pitch and it's impossible for it to do so. Also since there is less pitch in the blades your aileron will also have less overall travel so when you start flying the heli it won't dart off so hard in the direction you tell it to go.

I am thinking about the exact same thing. By lowering the pitch travel, Use pitch curve like 10-30-50-70-90, low dual rate and add some expo. Would a 180CFX fly docile like a 230S, but with much more precision and maneuverability?

Despite being extremely fragile but what is the true advantages of mechanical tail CP? Is there really a point of getting one of these if I never intend to do smack-3D? (I only do sport flying, inverted pass & circle, loop and stuff)

Always wanted one, just not sure if they are suitable..