Thread: 22 flights in
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 10:58 AM   #33 (permalink)
Aziris
Registered Users

Hi all,

I am starting my journey with this heli as well. Same tail wags, same tip overs and instability at spool up.
I use dx7s radio and it has -100/+100 range on channels also on gyro.
Tried suggested gyro setting dont remember which one 75 maybe, that is +75 for me. Too much tail wag, started lowering it bit by bit. If in first adjustment I got some improvement, then +65 to +30 range was all the same. Yes, as low as that. I even suspect that my gyro channel input is not taken into account.
Ok, to admit, I am having only around 50% head speed and 60% rate on all axis. I want to start conservatively and adjust it up to my liking later. Well I am far from liking what I see. Lowered tail gain I value to 90%. Not better or any different at all.
Why I lowered (saw 2 persons here suggesting to rise it)? Because thats what manual says 🙂 - too high gain gives slow oscilations, mine are something like 1oscillation per sec.
Interesting observations - oscilations stop for a second while in forward/backward movement.
At lift off heli sometimes wants to tip forward, so I let it spool up at 25% stick, then quite quicky go to hover(jumping over oscillation zone so to say)at landing I like to hit hold 2-3in over ground, as the ground effect does not make it stabler. It will always tilt to right!! Therefore I am conteracting that for 1/2 second.
Want to do trim flight, but dont want oscillating tail during it.
On my very conservative settings it feels still agile and strong. I have still some options left to try, not many spare parts though 🙂
Actually I broke only tail pitch slider(arm off) so far and once popped FBL link on one blade.
I totally agree to others - if its factory tested, then I wonder what kind of quality gateway they have?
Its either damaged product or it requires significant adjustments. Technically it flies, so does the fridge when you push it of the cliff.
Aziris is offline        Reply With Quote