Thread: Smoke from bc6!
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 08:34 AM   #25 (permalink)
RC Accessory
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shef View Post
HELP - So last night, I received my second multi-balancing adapter since my first one got fried. I was excited to try to charge two batteries on my BC6 so I first plugged in the battery balancing tabs into the adapter, then proceeded to plug the deans into the serial adapter (shown here)....plugged in the first batter (no problem) but when I plugged in the second battery, FLASH!!!!!!!!!

I immediately pulled the connector off and the batteries seemed to be ok, but still scared the crap out of me! I then had to re-solder a new deans on the second battery that flashed since it melted the connector.

WHAT DID I DO WRONG?? This shouldn't be that difficult. Should I be charging in parallel?

Thanks for your help.
The polarity is reversed on the serial cable, you have the cable oriented wrong.

Do you have the instruction maual for the multi battery board? This is explained in detail. We supply a printed manual with each Multi Battery connection board, also post the manual with the item on the web site, and have the video demo on the web site.

http://www.rcaccessory.com/pdf/eac14x_instructions.pdf

Video instructions:
Bantam e-Station Multi Battery Video Demo (2 min 16 sec)
RC Accessory is offline        Reply With Quote