View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 06:01 AM   #389 (permalink)
Psycho_dad
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.ankney@gmail.com View Post
Sadly, I crashed my 360cfx 3s yesterday ... in spectacular fashion ... I don't know what happened... I couldn't seem to control it just doing a circuit I've done a hundred times. It ended up wildly out of control and heading into the pit/parking area. Hit throttle hold, yelled "look out!" and it doinked off the steel cable of someones trailer ramp. Just missed his foam planes sitting there. There were people around there too... So embarrassed. They said it wasn't even the scariest thing that's ever happened there

Only things that are broken are the canopy mount on the one side, and a couple teeth out of the main gear. All of the linkages came off. There is a scratch on the tail boom right where tail servo mounts. Servo mounts were askew. Not sure if anythings bent yet. Going to pull it apart soon and check.

I was not a fan of that wild ride. Crashing out in the flying field is one thing ... heading back into the pit area is something else. And, I'm not sure if it was me or mechanical. It didn't seem to want to turn. Before I trust it again, i'll have to go out there and fly it when no ones there to check if its ok after repairs.

Wow... shook for about 20 minutes after that one.
Aucchhh.... luckily nobody got hit or hurt!

They say" crashing is part of the game" but apart from the repair cost, it always leaves me with a dented ego aswell.

Psycho dad's Youtube Channel
Psycho dad's Instagram
Psycho_dad is offline        Reply With Quote