View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 07:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
1BOHO
Registered Users

Yes Christian and P901
It isn't about the hammers or tooth width I dont think because the Align certainly isnt special with thick iron though that makes more powerful it runs fine in a single layer without the teeth of the kyocera.. Quite naturally a dual layer machine should have better inductive coupling. In a single layer the with short coils the mutual inductance is much lower. There are practical ways to deal with this and some not so in your face. If you suggest that the Chinese steel is so much poorer that it doesn't generate enuf flux Id say that bs because I truly don't believe that you "higher end motor" use much better at there price point. You would have to see the price of hiperco , sura, and other high end magnetic steel. It would drive you to buy exclusively from hobby king. China even with it's transshipping of raw unfinished steel to other countries the its refined there only supply us with about 4%. Look at these numbers . Last year we imported about 750 thousand tons from China. To put this is perspective we imported 5.7 million from Canada and another 5 million from Europe. Not trying to be political but 45's tariffs hurt our European allies much more than they hurt China. That's just the numbers of it all . The trans shipping in a way means that there is steel floating around out there and after it left its original port no one really knows where it came from. Still I doubt very seriously the difference in grade if there truly is any would create issues. I think the lack of mutual inductance is more about the distance apart in a single layer than the core material wrapped. Better steel would increase the mutual inductance but i just dont think the steel in hobby priced motors all that high end. A neu which is a very efficient motor uses silicon steel. There's nothing really space age there I'm afraid. Most space age steel motors end up in space. Without making or taking any loss measurements calculations you have no idea whats what between stators anyway. You use a Epstein frame or Helmholtz coil and sg to do this or you can calculate if if you know the actually materials used from their specifications sheet. The winding factor is more about the coil span and distribution factors. The phasor vectors than it is about flux. I have never seen flux in a winding factor formula. Some the new winds have better inductive coupling and winding factors than either of it's primitive ancestors.

Happy Harmonics,
Hubert

Last edited by 1BOHO; 02-14-2020 at 10:20 AM.. Reason: addendum
1BOHO is offline        Reply With Quote