View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 02:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
1BOHO
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Mehr Speed Lehners and such....

Hi everyone,
well there are lively discussions. I can only say that e.g. two boys, then students, went the same way in engineering studies at UNI Munich when they built their version of a sterling engine as a model engine. In a few detours, Dr. Heidelberg heard about it and looked at history. Since he simply found the concept very good, he quickly put the two down and gave them a free hand to develop. So only small machines with 4 and 5 kw were created, then 10 KW as a domestic power plant until then a small series with 30 KW for small industrial plants were created, which we at KIM Krailling ran for a few years. However, since a few years ago a new investor from the USA bought the company and there was no interest in the small power plants, everything was stopped. But at least the two of them managed to design and build some very good Sterling machines that were also able to prove their suitability for everyday use in the KIM. It can also go that way. Today, however, investors are increasingly on the go with screwed purses and don't even look at such projects at all and if there is a sow expensive future analysis and umpteen evaluations and then something unfortunately falls out.
But I definitely see an opportunity for such projects, especially today. It is precisely the possibility of the laser sintering shop that allows the housings that were previously cast to be printed out in one go. For the T engine, however, I shouldn't consider the ship's diesel as a possible target engine, it is really very developed, but the smaller vehicle engines up to 1.5 liters and the even smaller ones should make the savings possible in part. The smaller the motors, the higher these losses due to friction and flow resistance in the overall balance. It is no different with electrical machines. The smallest motors are the most ungrateful. All losses are at the limit, micromotrons have maximum efficiencies that make you shiver, they almost have to glow away when you start up. If it weren't for the elephant-to-mouse law, the mouse would cool off much more heat than the elephant.

Holger, if you are interested in really great model engine tuning, I would recommend you to have a look at the engines at www.Intelwaters.com. Especially there the engines from Jim Allen, whom I have known for decades and who, as a materials scientist in engine construction, builds very nice, pure racing engines with mostly 15 cc.
Alone his series of 15ccm housings made of aluminum, cast in aluminum and steel and the test series on his test benches. And and and. I don't really understand why this doesn't exist anymore. These Americans are doing this now and today. You have to register there for the photo albums ect. to be able to see.

As I find time, I will talk about the T Motor to my neighbor, who worked in BMW in the development of racing engines and has been giving pensioners for half a year. Should actually have time for gimmicks.

Happy Amps Christian.