View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 05:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thomas.Heiss
Registered Users

I also had my German XK dealer ship me the K120 feathering shaft. It was just an idea...too good to be true
I can confirm that it has exactly the same length as the K110 spindle :-(

So basically the whole 18EUR BG red parts can go to the recycle bin.
My German dealer would have even asked for 25EUR for the same set parts (including the top head block).

motionrc.com writes in their K110 spindle product description: 18.5mm.

I measured several spindles from my K110 spare bags (2019 + 2020) and I can also confirm this spec.
All are 18.5mm long and have no longer tolerances (not even slightly).

So the problem are obviously the tolerances of the alu blade holders and that the outer bearing which you put into the grip does not go in enough.

As I wrote above, I have the same problem with my own red alu head set.
And I guess it won't be the head block as the rubber rings correctly fit into the milled out head area...but I have to measure the blocks again to be sure.

..(...)..

The only solution for the red/black aluminium blade holders tuning set:

Use another better fitting cone washer.
Both silver cones are more than 1,x mm thick.

I picked up a suggestion from a K130 thread by search machine (somewhere, I do not know the forum) that I found by accident that pilots usually have the same problems there as the head set aluminium (sorry, I did not save the thread id) parts do not fit the spindle length?!?

It was suggested to grind down the cone washers or use other washers which might better fit in the head.

..(...)..

Maybe I will check Blade Mcpx V2 / BL parts from my nearby dealer if any washer better fits but prices are ridiculous (and there only is a complete head set...nobody reachable usually sells extra small cone washers for 1,5mm shafts).
I will have to try to contact an Austria heli store and see what their experiences are for those XK parts.

First I will try sanding down with the plastic head as only about ~0.25-0.5mm are missing (no so much) when the spindle is stuck in the middle of the bearing which is not much bigger than 1,x mm; I am not sure if this is possible for me.
With the red aluminium head set I would have to sand down the two silver washers even more to fix the gap.

All my K110 silver cone washers from multiple part 2019/2020 bags have the same thickness.
There neither are any tolerances there which you could fix by buying multiple head rubber bags.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote