View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
c.penhallurick
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

This realy is a strange issue that I hear more people experiencing.

Evan and I looked at many options that would correct it. Boards seemed to work for a very short time but things soon went back to where they were. I even had my BC8 replaced and again it was fine for a very short time before the issue was back.

The wierd thing is that if it is a lipo/resistance issue, how come the new charger worked perfectly on my before problematic lipos for a short while? If it is a lipo problem surely it would raise its ugly head on a new charger as well as the older one?

However.... These days I just use the charge mode for my packs but I still use the balance board. At the end of each cycle my packs/cells are balanced within 0.01 of eachother. Again this is strange because I' told that the balance feature doesn' work in nomal charge mode. Yet if you monitor the cells during this cyle there is up and down activity as in balance mode.

Anyway guys the main point is that now I just use the charge mode but still connecting to the balance board and im getting a full, balanced charge on a FP 4900mah 6s in 60-70 mins at 1C.

I still love the Bantam. Is so easy to use. If yer having the above issues just try what I'm doing as its working fine for me.

Christian.