View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 08:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Xrayted
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyriser View Post
I'm now convinced I have range issues with my DX8 G2 that I bought in Jan2020. It started this summer with my Blade Conspiracy losing control even before losing vtx signal. Recently I lost control of the last 4 plane flights, all 4 of moderate, unobstructed LOS range. These involve two different planes, two different receives and ESCs.
Have you put it into low power mode and tested to see how far away you can walk and still have control of the model on the bench? There is a dedicated low power method on the TX just for this test to identify signal range issues

On another note, the new DX8 models have diversity antennas in them. The one you see on top and another sideways through the handle. There have been a few reports by others of removing the back and finding an antenna connection loose from the board. They are easy to see and diagnose on your own, but first do a proper range test per the manual to see if that is even the issue

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	886989  

Last edited by Xrayted; 10-23-2020 at 08:32 AM..
Xrayted is offline        Reply With Quote