View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 08:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
PlaneHazza
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy from Sandy View Post
On pretty much all fbl controllers it takes a single wire from the sbus receiver to the fbl controller to carry all of the channels.

What I did using vbar (not NEO) is using an ESC with two outputs is run the main to the vbar ESC in and the secondary power to the receiver.

If the ESC you have only has a single output that will go to the ESC input/output on the fbl controller you are using. The receiver will get its power from the sbus socket on the fbl controller.
The only thing I'd add to the above is that Main/Slave going to FBL/Rx depends on what you want to run as governor. I run Kontronik powerjives and a Kolibri and their govs are very very good. I can't say that they're better than CGY750/760R governor, but I prefer the simplicity of having SBUS handle all the channels for servos and gains, and simply plugging the ESC master into Ch3 PWM on the R7003SB Rx.

To answer the OP's question, SBUS is good for reducing cabling on models, but on an FBL heli, the amount isn't really all that much. It shines in large aircraft with many servos. Actually technically speaking, you have more wires with SBUS hubs than using traditional PWM, but the beauty is that you do not need to extend every single servo to reach say from the rudder/elevator servos all the way to the Rx. Instead you just have a network of SBUS hubs with each servo hooking into that 'spine'.