View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 04:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
moyesboy
Registered Users

Default G1 DX8 receiver options

I have a G1 DX8 that I don't intend to replace.
I'm looking at new receivers for my trex470 which I will use the included beastX with.

DSMX SRXL2 Serial Receiver with Telemetry P-SPM4651T
...am I right in thinking I will see nothing telemetry wise with my Gen1 DX8 and the STD align ESC?
This Rx would connect with a single cable into the six pin side port on the beastX. This Rx has increased antenna diversity and full range so is better than connecting a single sat.
Perhaps there is a non telemetry version that is cheaper?

AR6610T 6 Channel DSMX Telemetry Receiver P-SPMAR6610T
As above but you can plug extra days into it... Probably not needed for a 470. Costs more.

I could connect an old style dsmx sat receiver to the beastX. Probably ok for the 470...there's a spare one on my 600nitro Heli that isn't getting flown in lock down...

P-SPM4650 (P-SPM4650) seems to be a bare bones Rx with diversity antennas and srlx2 protocol. Nowhere does it say full range though... But it would appear to have all necessary functionality... Cheap as chips... No telemetry. Maybe I can't use the telemetry anyway...

I could use my current AR6200 dsm2 Rx which has been faultless for years on my old 450, and still works.
This has the same single antenna and ground two wires as a single sat. And some slight fail safe disadvantage of dsm2 which I can't remember...

In my kit there is a lead that would plug into a spektrum sat with some components in line and a STD servo plug on it. So a spektrum sat option plugs into the end of the beast X.

The srxl2 options plug into the side of the beastX on the 6 pin connector.

This srlx2 stuff is new. I do have a beastX usb thing that I've had for years. It is same part number as the current one so it looks like I can upload whatever software is required into my beastX...

Oh it's all confusing..
moyesboy is offline        Reply With Quote