View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 04:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
fiddle
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by soangp View Post
I changed the parameters suggested per both of your advice except for the HDMI cable which mine is still a 2160P (4K X 2K). I believe that's only a 2.0 cable. The picture quality has improved with not as much pixelation when flying further out and much smoother. However, there is still enough lag from input and to what the model does to not be accurate enough. Basic flight is tolerable but is very apparent when shooting autos. The timing with flaring etc... really exploits it. Hoping when I get a better cable (2.2) that this may be resolved? My eyes are already Thanking me.
I couldn't swear to that. I might have been wrong and 2.2 might not be correct. 2.0 might be the deal? Now i'm second guessing myself.

Have a look at windows. Right click on the desktop and click display settings. There is an advanced link or something like that. Click that and it will show you what hz the display is running at. If it is like 30hz or something you are going to get input lag. It should 60hz. Sometimes it will come up as 59hz for some reason. That seems to really mess things up. Go to advanced display properties for the "monitor" and try to pick 60hz.

Turn on the FPS counter in Steam (its under steam settings) it will show a counter on the screen so that you can make sure that AccuRC is getting to the FPS you specified. In AccuRC settings, make sure vsync is off. Set frames per second to 120. Now observe the counter overlay while the game is running. See if it is getting where it is supposed (120 or so) without it dropping all the time to different numbers.

If all of that works, then its time start looking at the TV settings. Check if there is a "game" mode for the input you are using. Enable such. Have a look through all of the settings. Make sure no picture enhancements are enabled.

This all stuff that was mentioned before, but with more detail so you can double check. Input lag sucks for sure. You said you had none when connected to a regular monitor right?
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote