Thread: 900 Mhz backup
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 08:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
JimJW
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid121 View Post
Hi,

i do not (!) want to put in question your decision, really just curious: why do you want to use the 900Mhz backup? anything related to your special air field as you mentioned? did you have any problems with signal quality on Jeti?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcell1600 View Post
Last year I switched from Vbar to Jeti. The primary reason is my flying field has a cell tower right across the street. I and others who use different hardware have had interference problems and lost aircraft (including myself).

Since switching to Jeti I have not had a problem. I just finished a Diabolo 700 and wanted to learn if anyone is using Jeti's 900 Mhz receiver as a backup?
Thanks!
I think the OP’s field is close to a cell tower & it has caused problems for another radio system.

It sounds like he’s been free of issues (as might be expected) after switching to Jeti.

And it sounds like he’s finishing up a Diabolo build. For me I’d be thrilled and want to protect my new prize possession from harm any way possible!

But fears remain strong from the old radio system. I suspect if he’s coming from another brand that pushes using multiple satellites as a safety net, the OP may still be in that method of thinking. Because Jeti makes it so easy, there’s no harm in adding a second receiver on 900 MHz or 2.4Ghz. Except for the cost of the equipment and the extra weight on the helicopter.

I’ve never heard of anyone actually using a second receiver on a Heli. Good to know it’s easily done.