Thread: iX12?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2021, 01:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
JimJW
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticedoff8 View Post
The iX12 was the worst transmitter I ever bought.
Maybe it boots up / maybe it doesn't.
Maybe it wakes up from sleep mode / maybe it doesn't.
Maybe it upgrades / maybe it doesn't.
Maybe there are 6 or 12 Android apps that need to be disabled that might help / maybe there aren't.
I've had the transmitter tell me that the AirWare app died and I need to restart the transmitter. Then it restarts and tells me the AirWare app died and I need to restart it. Then... it starts okay. What happened?

There are been at least 2 times where the transmitter wouldn't wake up from sleep mode at the field - that was the end of the day.

I've had upgrades to the AirWare / Android software that literally took 2 days to complete.

I think those that make apologies for the lack of quality / poor design of the iX12 may be new to RC as a hobby and don't fully appreciate where we came from.

Personally I think the DX9 was the best radio I ever had.
I still use Spektrum exclusively.
But, as soon as the start to aggressively exclude the 3rd party manufacturers (like Castle, HW, MSH Electronics, Spirit - etc), I'll dump everything I own the says "Spektrum".
He’s not alone. Maybe -all- the bugs are ‘fixed’, but I lost confidence in my iX12 & the SPM4651Ts I was using with it when my Heli’s were falling from the sky all the while I was experiencing the same issues described above. It was a double whammy, transmitter issues along with a RX firmware bug that wasn’t fully discovered and fixed for over a year.