View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 10:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
zadaw
Registered Users

Default Oxy 1 - Is It Time To Revisit This Topic Again?

Many countries around the world have enacted or are in the process of enacting legislation for UAVs. It seems that 250g (0.55lbs) is the limit above which registration of the model and/or the operator is required. Depending on the country, each model may have to be individually registered, a device for sending ID information, keeping flight logs and even issuing a warning should the UAV enter restricted air space.

Moreover depending on the country, UAV over 250g cannot be flown near people, property, or vehicles from 30m to 150m. These restriction could make it very difficult for people to fly RC helicopters over 250g. I can't but help thinking that sales of helicopters over 250g will be severely affected. That is unless most people are prepared to flout the laws.

So I wonder is it the time for Luca to seriously consider producing a helicopter below 250g including the battery? It could be something like the Blade 180CFX or 150S. All electronics may have to be included with the product. Right now, I am very impressed with the Eachine E180/Yu Xiang F180 although it is above 250g. The flight characteristics of the E180 is very close to that of a micro Brain controlled Oxy 2.

I would be interested in hearing your comments.

Last edited by zadaw; 07-31-2021 at 05:29 AM..
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote