View Single Post
Old 11-03-2021, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Timbers
Registered Users

Default What is the best way to adjust flying parameters with forward programming?

I purchased the ix20 and this FC6250HX so I could make on the fly adjustments to the flight parameters of my heli. Now that I have everything setup I have no idea how to adjust the parameters to correct what I think is wrong with my heli, nor do I have any idea what to adjust to make it fly even better. I think Spektrum needs to make this a little more user friendly or at least put a guide in the manual with some tips on how to start adjusting.

I've read through the P I D "Proportional, Integral, Derivative" but that just adds to the confusion. The other confusing part is how far to move the sliders. There is a huge range of potential movement in each of those adjustments.

Heres my problem: If I fly forward flight and pull up into a stall, right when its stalled if I bang the collective back and forth (pitch pump) the heli wobbles on the fore/aft cyclic axis, it almost looks like I'm doing a tic-toc but I'm not. So it seems there is fore/aft cyclic happening when there shouldn't be. My swash goes up and down level when I move collective on the table.

What parameter should I try tweaking and how much value should I go? I'd hate to do too much and cause a problem in the air that may cause a crash. Thanks.
Timbers is offline        Reply With Quote