View Single Post
Old 11-05-2021, 01:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
brianbremer
Registered Users

There is a wide range of adjustment simply because helis range from 2 ounce mosquitos to 20lb+ camera ships. Flying styles, heli size, blade aerodynamics, servos, head speed,....... on and on make for a lot of variations.

If ever in doubt start with small adjustments. In the case of the 6250hx stick to a maximum 5% gain adjustment, test hop and evaluate. The system is pretty forgiving.

Cyclic's, bring p and i up 5% at a time until you are happy with the stability, tracking, follows your inputs and stops well. P and I are generally the same values and aileron and roll are the same values. D, the defaults are good for 99.9% of the models. Once you are happy with the model you can make small adjustments to each gain to determine if there are improvements or not.

If you notice some minor issues on fore/aft stops raising the cyclic pitch d gain a couple of points can help. Generally this is only needed if you have a high disc loading and a very aerodynamically stable blade. The default cyclic d gain settings really do cover 99.9% of the models out there.

Tailrotor, there is a pinned topic up in the fc6250hx forum that covers the topic.

I will try to get a cyclic tuning guide up here soon but the notes above are how it is done. It will be quite a bit shorter than the tail tuning guide.