View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 08:26 AM   #16 (permalink)
markb
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK, this first one is going to sound dumb, but I did it, and it produced similar symptoms. I flew 3 packs the other day, without figuring out that my gyro switch was in normal mode instead of heading hold. I came home to figure out what was wrong with my tail setup! It wouldn't hold under any kind of torque, and kept showing these weird heading changes that we're really messing with my flying. I figured it out later at home, DOH! I never touch that switch! I'm probably going to program it for HH in both positions! Anyway... sanity check. make sure its in HH mode.

Second, the chinese weight mod is a good thing. The force it eliminates is NOT just in high power situations. Its ALL THE TIME. whenever that tail rotor is spinning, your servo has to fight the CRM centering force, to hold pitch. Even if it doesn't fix your problem, its a good thing.

You said your tail servo: "... goes as far as it can with out binding and then centers after a few quick back and forth strokes."
A few quick back and forth strokes??? That sounds bad. Does it do that if you hook it directly to your radio (no gyro)? If so, it may be time for a new servo.

Edit: And, if it only does the centering "overshoot/hunt" when connected to the gyro, it sounds like your gyro has a problem...
Trex 450 Vx FBL, Scorpion 2221-10, RJX head, mini-V, Ice 50
markb is offline        Reply With Quote