View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 11:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Chuckie
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I use a different method when setting Link Compensation. I posted my findings on RR April last year but didn't get anyone to confirm my method and observations. I think people didn't have a clue or didn't understand why my method seems more appropriate than Ben's. Regarding Ben's procedure I found it comparable to mine. I especially like the little trick where you look for movement in the flybar paddles.

Last night I installed a new 9255 in my Tempest 3D, one died for some reason, and when programming the Detailed Swash I had to use large values to get interactions to a minimum. It still not very good after spending two hours. One of my older servos, before on Elevator, is so off from the other two. I might move the position of the servos around in attempt to match the roll and pitch servos as they seem to be most critical to be matched for ccpm. The end points of the elevator servo is different from my other older servo and newer servo. Next time I'll get 4 9255s and have one on throttle in case one on ccpm dies.

Alternative Method for adjusting Link Compensation: At mid stick give full right roll and note angle of swashplate relative to the main shaft then move to min and max pitch and set Link Compensation Low and High Ail so the swashplate stays at a constant angle toward the end points. Do the same for Elevator. I say toward the end points as a high value, say 30 or 50 will not have an affect and could cause the swash angle to reverse. It will look like the angle changes a lot toward min and and max pitch as you move collective. The reason the angle changes in the swashplate is due to the round servo wheels and the less movement (relative to the rod link) you have the further the servo moves towards its end point.

Chuckie
Chuckie is offline        Reply With Quote