Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Protos 700/800

MSH Protos 700/800 MSH Protos 700/800 Helicopter Support Forum

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ANTO1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2018, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Location: Perth, Western Australia (the most isolated (AND COVID FREE!) capital city on earth!)
Default Any tricks with the Evoluzione Canopy

Having been used to the magic Leggero canopy where I can have it off in seconds (<3).

The Evoluzione canopy is much more problematic. Is there a trick to getting it off quickly? It always seems to catch on the swash area, I've already accidentally put a small tear in it just forward of the rear closure.

Do I just resign myself to having to take (what seems like) an awful lot longer to get the Evoluzione canopy off? Should I get a third hand to help with the intricate motions?

TIA,
Paolo
XLPower 700, ALIGN 550L (beater), Prôtos MAX V2 Leggero 700 & Evoluzione 800 (RCHN #803 - joined just before they shut up shop!)
PaoloFCantoni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2018, 02:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ciao

https://youtu.be/PzeXUeuUBTE: Thumbup:: Thumbup:
ANTO1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2018, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

MSH Evoluzione canopy install and removal (0 min 32 sec)
ANTO1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2018, 05:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Location: Perth, Western Australia (the most isolated (AND COVID FREE!) capital city on earth!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTO1 View Post
Grazie Mille!

But mine is NOT so easy to take off. Maybe it's still too new and needs to be flexed a bit.

Still, I can now see how it SHOULD work...

Paolo
XLPower 700, ALIGN 550L (beater), Prôtos MAX V2 Leggero 700 & Evoluzione 800 (RCHN #803 - joined just before they shut up shop!)
Old 06-25-2018, 01:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I eventually converted my evo back to stock max for cheaper crash repair. I do miss the presence in the sky but I definitely don’t miss the putting canopy on. That being said it’s still easier than any clip or push pin canopy I’ve used. If it wasn’t for crash cost I’d still be using evo. The standard max canopy you can just about throw it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tshelby73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2018, 01:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

The spindle definitely has to be perpendicular to the boom for easiest mounting and unmounting; otherwise, the swash to grip links get in the way. I've found that I can still use a similar method to the one I use for the non-Evo canopy; the canopy just doesn't pop off the front mounts as easily, so I have to help them a little.

I can understand tshelby73's point of view. The first significant crash of my Evo resulted in the canopy being bisected right down the middle. None of my non-Evo crashes have resulted in significant canopy damage, just a little scratching and a few chips.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2018, 07:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshelby73 View Post
I eventually converted my Evo back to stock max for cheaper crash repair. I do miss the presence in the sky but I definitely don’t miss the putting canopy on. That being said it’s still easier than any clip or push pin canopy I’ve used. If it wasn’t for the crash cost I’d still be using Evo. The standard max canopy you can just about throw it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I didn't run the Evo Canopy until I was sure the heli was stabilised. Even now though, I've mounted some additional standard canopy mounts and normally fly with the standard canopy. But for "exhibition" flights I like to mount the correct Evo canopy. I'm still basically a big air, mild 3D flier so, we'll see.

Paolo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in