Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 330X

Blade 330X Blade 330X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2021, 02:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 330S flight envelope issue (FC6250HX)

...just wanted to let you know, that on my new 330S there was an issue with a very small and non adjustable flight envelope in stability mode:

Blade Product Support:

Hello,
When the stability system is set to 'On' for a flight mode, it activates the envelope limit selected as well as self-leveling. If stability is set to 'Off' for a flight mode, then that mode will not self-level or be angle limited. The Envelope is not in exact degrees, it is a gain factor. You can test were the limit is by turning stability on for Hold mode, then with the heli in hand, apply full forward cyclic stick and tilt the heli forward until the swash plate levels out on the heli (90 degrees to main shaft). The angle at which the heli reaches before the swash plate starts to apply counter input is the angle limit. This can be increased by increasing the envelope factor. To Test that the SAFE system is off in flight modes 1 and 2, disconnect 2 motor wires and switch the heli into each of the idle up modes and run the same test. THe swash plate should remain tilted forward with the forward cyclic input as you tilt the helicopter.

My answer:

Thanks for the hint with the flight mode test, thats a clever and easy way to test the flight envelope! And it proofed that the assumption was correct. After maybe 20 degrees or so, the swash plate began tilting backwards. I also found hints on helifreak.com that the Fusion 360 and 330S (that both have the FC6250HX controller) have had issues with the flight envelope in exact the same way that I experienced. And that newer firmware is available that should fix this issue. Therefore I bought the SPMA3065 USB cable and updated the FC6250HX on my 330S to the current firmware, v5.5 (as the Spektrum Programmer offered per default). Unfortunately, with v5.5, forward programming could not connect to the flight controller. At the end, I rolled back to v5.4 (compared to v5.3 that was installed at the beginning), and hooray, problem solved, forward programming available, flight envelope works as designed, up to 90 degrees!! :-D
chho is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2021, 01:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine is doing something where it will self-level when I start flying but after a couple minutes it will sometimes get "stuck" and afterwards pull in one random direction. Landing and unplugging/plugging back in the battery will fix this temporarily but after a few minutes it does the same thing. I am flying it with the DXs radio that came with it. I plan to set it up on my NX8 shortly but I think you are onto something with the firmware update.
OMP M2 V2, OMP M4
silver93t is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in