Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 11:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Useful Tools/Tips

Well I been laying low for a while since there is a lot going on this forum...
But for the past few days I have encounter a few issues that some tools I thought where not use full actually have become very useful! And I want to share it with others.

#1 - AstroFlight Astro Blinky.

I am going to say exactly how this little device came to be very handy this past few days.... So I made an order from hobbypartz for some Blue Lipos... They came in (3 2200Mah 30C) To my luck they where all unbalance beyond FUBAR! so I decided to take upon my self to try and fix them... First pack was about 3.56 3.64 4.11 so I try to fix it by doing a slow AMP charge at 0.100Mah but it just wouldn't balance. After so many fights I decide it give the Blinky a try so what I did is used the blinky to balance discharge the pack at 3.74 (yes I know that is dangerous) but I couldn't get them to catch up and for some reason cell #1 wouldn't go over 3.74 at this point I thought that the cell was just bad... BUT after hours of the blinky balancing discharge the pack the pack finally was at 3.74 each. At that point I did a normal 2.2 balance charge and wala!!!!! the cells balance beautifully!

#2 - iChecker Battery Tester

So I spent some cash on a nice battery tester which has been worth every penny.
I know there is a bunch out there for cheaper and can probably do the same or better but I went with the iChecker for the simple fact that can show me each cell voltage in a nice interface... This tool help me check the blinky balance of each cell threw the process. Also very useful at the field when flying and need to check your packs for issues...

Well thats it for now hopefully this helps some body.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2010, 08:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

How are the flight times with this battery? Before and after? When the battery is used in your heli how is the balance at the end of flight. I would guess not very good? But I hope for the best.
Encoder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have timed exactly at 5.20 Minuets. They balance at the end is exactly across the cells @ 3.86 That way they can be store without having them to discharge them if I am done flying.

In the other hand Hyperions give me less time.. I get about 4.5 Minutes ending about 3.83/84 across the cells.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in