Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate

Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate Compass Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 07:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Replacement parts not consistant

i have ordered 2 separate parts for my 6hv and both time they are different than the original and not even like an upgraded part ,just wrong and different. got a new gyotro.fbl tray. and had to dremel the sides and file it till it fit. and I HAD MY SWASHPLATE FOR NO REASON CRACK IN 2 PARTS . got the new one and it it totally different. the balls are set different so i cant get the right angles on my servo arms. the threaded part of the link ball is different from my old one so i cant use them, so now im swrewed for the week end of flying.... almost make me wanna sell this ship and get the new 600e
audio131 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow... something's wrong there, maybe the model or the packed order. When i started i wanted to buy an extre set of screws for my 450 pro, went to the hs and ask for "trex 450 screw set" and they sold that to me, the thing is that they were for a 450 sport not pro, totally different... Now i ask everything with the part number! Haha... And about not flying this wknd, i've been waitin' 3 weeks for my torque tube front geat set... This is gona be my 4th weekend with no flying at all!

SAB Factory Team -Team MKS - Team Jeti
Team Optipower - Team Canomod
ugoferri is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2011, 08:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can you post pictures of the swash?
Cullen Colapietro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea something is wrong. After been flying compass for like 2 years now. Knight 600e and 6hv never had a wrong part issue. There is a 2.5 swash out but it shouldn't change anything. Who did you get your parts from?
Old 08-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you ordered from Amain I'm not surprised. They have, for example, non 6HV parts listed in the 6HV section.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default hi

nankin was nice enough to send out that swash to warrenty the original one that cracked in half so no reason. the part number matches the right one but the swash is different. the balls on it are shorter and do not stand out as far as the stock and they are like 2.5 mm threads so the old ones wont fit.... ALSO any one noticed that the left servo on a fbl set up the link rubs on the tail drive gear?? noticed that the other day ,my link was worn almost thru.. i took the gear off and dremeled the tail guide part about and 1/8 off till the link and ball did not rub.. sorta a shitty design.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are swash ball link washers that come with the FBL conversion, maybe they were incuded in your kit? Still have the old swash? Might those little alum washers work with the new swash? Also earlier links were 2mm, new links are 2.5mm if I'm not correct. This was an update possible to deal with complaintsof swash balls backing out in a crash? The servo arm might rub, depending on your pitch values. I used a dremel tool and honed down the belt pulley.
Cullen Colapietro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2011, 06:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio131 View Post
nankin was nice enough to send out that swash to warrenty the original one that cracked in half so no reason. the part number matches the right one but the swash is different. the balls on it are shorter and do not stand out as far as the stock and they are like 2.5 mm threads so the old ones wont fit.... ALSO any one noticed that the left servo on a fbl set up the link rubs on the tail drive gear?? noticed that the other day ,my link was worn almost thru.. i took the gear off and dremeled the tail guide part about and 1/8 off till the link and ball did not rub.. sorta a shitty design.
Make sure you have the servo spacers that come with the kit on that one servo they should be black color.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default spacers

ahhh. thats why i needed them. u u know i left them out and completely forgot i had them to even think i needed them till you said that.. thanks.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

No problem man. Yea I forgot when i first built the 6hv over a year ago and found that thats what they were for. If you still have some issue with it hitting the pulley just trim some plastic off the pulley.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in