Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default V911 SKID Mod with Trex 100 Skids and Review

Hi Guys i picked up a V911 on sale for 19.99 shipped, and when i got it i figured, i bought alot of batteries for my TREX 100X and i knew it would bind to my Turnigy 9X, But when i got it i opened the box, and tried a battery, and BAMB! , the batteries dont work, So i would have to buy a charger and baterries......that would defeat the pourpose of being cheap.........So i thought i would get a pair or trex 100 skids and change them with the V911, and that would be only 6.00 bucks shipped, PLUS the V911 batteries are 120 mah and the TREX 100 i have are 160 mah, so i get 2 mods, higher battery power and i can use all my batteries......For only 6.00 bucks....ENJOY!

Here is the 2 birds, the V911 is bigger, and longer tail

next i test the battery........and it dont fit.....BUMMER!!!!!

Ok remove the V911 canopy

I noticed that the V911 has a screw in the rear of skids, the TREX 100 Dont.......NO PROBLEM!!!!!

So remove the screw and get out the new ALIGN 100 skids.

kind off look at the differences before you start

Ok remove the skids

now i see that the wires are bigger, and the tabs are bigger and the trex dont have a screw.....NO PROBLEM !!

So measure the tabs on the TREX 100 skids

Now find a drill bit of similar size.....

Use the drill bit by hand.....no need for drill, and do front and rear holes.......

Now just put a DAB of CA glue to the tabs closet to skids.....just to grab at the end, so if you have to remove them....

Ok let the fun begin.....you are going to check out the old wiring and put the glasses on to unsolder the V911 skids.....

Now cut the TREX 100 skid connector off and tin the red and black wires

Now GENTLY unsolder the wire from the V911 board........take your time, but dont lay the heat on a long time......dont want to hurt the board..

Now save the old skids......or sell them on ebay ?????

Now GENTLY RE-SOLDER the trex skids to the V911 Board.......Carefull dont burn the blades or board......

Now bind to your Radio or Turnigy 9X.....like me

REVIEW ::::::
the V911,s tail holds Better then the TREX 100 and now with the bigger batteries the V911 has way more power......

HAVE FUN!
CRUZROY
cruzroy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 09:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very clever!
I have couple questions for you. Where did you order the V911? Would the V911 bind with the regular T-100 trx? For those who don't have the soldering skill (like me) just splice the wires and re-connect them. Make sure use heatshrink tubing or electric tape so they don't get short. Thx,
maxbreaker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks cruzroy, I going to order one to do this mode. Hopefully can bind to my exist Align trx.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not going to risk doing that as the stock batts are sufficient and the heli has a lot of power compared to an align. And no it can't bind to an align tx as i have tried with mine.

The only problem i have with this heli is the tailboom. Can't take it out incase of the tail motor burn-out. Which will happen when you crash on the tail.

Other than that, it's fun to bash and do some dog-fight with friends!!
Wanaero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 06:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default Video ,test run, v911

Hi guys i did a test flight outdoors with the trex skids, and i have to say the 20.00 V911 out performs the Trex 100 x.......just my 2 cents

[YOUTUBE][ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6SKWAy6BFU[/ame][YOUTUBE]
Old 07-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanaero View Post
I'm not going to risk doing that as the stock batts are sufficient and the heli has a lot of power compared to an align. And no it can't bind to an align tx as i have tried with mine.
Did you tried with the trx came with 100X? Thx,
Old 07-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

im sorry i bought mine with the ipod a5 adapter.......but if the trex 100x binds to the turnigy it should bind to the trex tx.....buy im not sure ??? but i know that the board in the trex 100s wont bind to turnigy, but the 100x will...hope that helps
Old 07-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried it with the 100s tx. It won't bind at all. Not sure about 100x though.
Wanaero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi.

how about using this batt to v911, it can fit? hobbyking
johansipp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

if you do the trex skid mod you can.....those are the ones i bought.........i got 10...to keep me flying
Old 12-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default anyone try the mod yet

anyone try the mod yet
Old 01-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I purchased a v911 over the christmas break and i really enjoy flying this heli. I will say however, I do not have the set of skids that your heli has. I have a new version and cannot do this mod. Heli flys great though.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout911 View Post
I purchased a v911 over the christmas break and i really enjoy flying this heli. I will say however, I do not have the set of skids that your heli has. I have a new version and cannot do this mod. Heli flys great though.
Could you say why this mod can't be done please? I was keen to try this!
i2ookthablu1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzroy View Post
anyone try the mod yet
I did Thanks for the write up, now i get to make use of the 10 batteries i had for my 100x in the V911.
ericdrob67 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout911 View Post
i have the new version as well but i was able to make it work. i just had to drill a hole on the front connection due to the pin being glued and breaking. so now i can just use one set of batteries and buy the upgraded 160 mah ones.

side note both helis bind with both the 100x and v911 tx's
Nickjo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzroy View Post
Hi Guys i picked up a V911 on sale for 19.99 shipped, and when i got it i figured, i bought alot of batteries for my TREX 100X and i knew it would bind to my Turnigy 9X, But when i got it i opened the box, and tried a battery, and BAMB! , the batteries dont work, So i would have to buy a charger and baterries......that would defeat the pourpose of being cheap.........So i thought i would get a pair or trex 100 skids and change them with the V911, and that would be only 6.00 bucks shipped, PLUS the V911 batteries are 120 mah and the TREX 100 i have are 160 mah, so i get 2 mods, higher battery power and i can use all my batteries......For only 6.00 bucks....ENJOY!

Here is the 2 birds, the V911 is bigger, and longer tail

next i test the battery........and it dont fit.....BUMMER!!!!!

Ok remove the V911 canopy

I noticed that the V911 has a screw in the rear of skids, the TREX 100 Dont.......NO PROBLEM!!!!!

So remove the screw and get out the new ALIGN 100 skids.

kind off look at the differences before you start

Ok remove the skids

now i see that the wires are bigger, and the tabs are bigger and the trex dont have a screw.....NO PROBLEM !!

So measure the tabs on the TREX 100 skids

Now find a drill bit of similar size.....

Use the drill bit by hand.....no need for drill, and do front and rear holes.......

Now just put a DAB of CA glue to the tabs closet to skids.....just to grab at the end, so if you have to remove them....

Ok let the fun begin.....you are going to check out the old wiring and put the glasses on to unsolder the V911 skids.....

Now cut the TREX 100 skid connector off and tin the red and black wires

Now GENTLY unsolder the wire from the V911 board........take your time, but dont lay the heat on a long time......dont want to hurt the board..

Now save the old skids......or sell them on ebay ?????

Now GENTLY RE-SOLDER the trex skids to the V911 Board.......Carefull dont burn the blades or board......

Now bind to your Radio or Turnigy 9X.....like me

REVIEW ::::::
the V911,s tail holds Better then the TREX 100 and now with the bigger batteries the V911 has way more power......

HAVE FUN!
CRUZROY

Wow! That is clever and sounds like a lot of work when you could have just bought the old style WL V911 landing gear. Tinkering is what we love though.

My bad! I now see you do have the old style landing gear.
Nice fix dude.

Steve
mSR X, WL V911, Scout CX

Last edited by sdsteve; 03-02-2013 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: Misunderstanding
sdsteve is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default MODS

I also have both a V911 and a TREX 100X. I am going to try this mod tonight. I only have the two batteries that came with the V911 but I have 15 for the TREX 100. The other thing that works well is using a V911 Canopy on the TREX 100. You will just have to put two new holes in the canopy so that the lower pins can fit, but the upper pins fit fine. Its a far superior canopy.
Oreshooter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2013, 01:00 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fly-time

Nice mod!
Can you please let us know how long you can fly on those 160mah? Can easyly be seen on that 9X
I get just over 6 minutes on two v911's on 150mah flying outside. Even get the same time on a 120mah because it is lighter I guess.
C4Vette is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2014, 02:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

well now that the 911 v2 is avalible all ya need do is get the v2 skids, and batteries unless you have a trex 100 then mod the 100 skids on. gotta get a turnegy 9XR now. just what i need. yet another radio.

Jerry
cx2, mcx, T Rex 450 SA, GAUI 550, walkera cb100, 4#6, 4#6S, 4g6S, trex 450 clone, V911/FP100, DX7, DX8
never hold your farts in. they travel up your spine, and that's where s****y ideas come from.
shaggybirdman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in