Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 330X

Blade 330X Blade 330X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ks9818

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2019, 09:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Lost my 330X - Get another or something new?

I was having a nice time flying my 330X a few days ago after a break from the helicopters for a few weeks. Got up pretty high in the air and ended up losing orientation. I tried to recover but it was not possible. I hit TH and it ended up coming down in the nearby woods which is very dense. I searched for a few days and had to come to terms that this one is not coming back.

I liked how it flew but now it has me wondering whether or not I should get another or invest in a different model. What do you guys like to fly in this size range?
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2019, 09:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's a good time and excuse to try something newer. Maybe a kit heli ? Or if you don't want to build you can buy something used. Perhaps one of the 380's that are around would be something you'd like. I really do like my older 360CFX 6S but you'd be stuck with another Blade unit.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 10:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

That sucks dude about your 330x , I was looking at the Fusion 360 as my next one after I retire my 330x ..
jasond1979 likes this.
ks9818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2019, 09:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

the new 450er sizes are 360-380.

Then there are some special mid sizes like 270, which you can get with the "Blade Fusion 270" (follower of 270CFX).

Right now there are special deals for the "Blade Fusion 270 ARF" - which includes the motor and (4s 1300mah) ESC: 150EUR in Europe/Germany and ~130$ in the US.

What is your more concret RC heli budget including / excluding FBL you have in mind.

Your 330x (=450X) was a 3s 2200mah lipo.

I am not sure if the bigger 360 size would work with that lipo.
Looks like most heli models got upgraded to 6s (1800mah), but there is the "Blade 360 CFX 3s" also.

Only problem with the "Blade Fusion 270" model are the expensive carbon main blades, if you cannot find other (fitting) replacements.

Align 325mm blades are ~20$ or less.

I guess 360-380mm main blades are more often flown than those non-standard 270er heli size models, so there will be more available from different vendors.

Be careful what you do:
Newer Blade heli BNF models seem to use their proprietary FBL receivers.
Not a BeastX FBL (AR7200BX or AR7210BX).
But I think you had already the same problem with your 330X.

Con argument against Blade BNF:

Included H3050MG servos + H3060MG (tail).
Bottom plastic is cheap - loosen the screws one time and the bottom mounts will break/crack!

Plastic chassis of my DS76 + DS76T servos are way better!

There are many people who wrote in the "Blade Fusion 270" sub forum about their experience with the BNF model and H3050MG cyclics that they had to replace them multiple times when their heli flipped over.

So, better put different cyclis into a new heli (kit) right from start.
There are sooo many options...cheaper ones...more expensive ones....

..(...)..

Last cyclic servos I have checked where 50EUR for full alu (per piece) from my LHS (up to 6kg) and I also have checked MKS cyclic prices because of their better one year warranty period (vendors usually give 6 months full warranty service in Germany).
Cheapest cyclic was Turnigy DMC 809.

..(...)..

Tail servo:

Personally I only own(ed) the Spektrum H3060MG as tail for my Blade4503D (with DS76 cyclics)....not sure if I can get it up into the air again after the last crash.

Well, it acts still fine on the servo tester.

But my non-connected FBL tests acted quite strange...probably I first have to put back everything (tail, servo mount, pushrod, etc.) together before trying under load.

------------------------------

If you ask me:

Your crash resulted due to the fact, that the 450er heli size is too small :-)
So you would have to upgrade to 500/550+ size.

If you are looking for something more cheap, it is probably hard to not go for a ALZRC X360 kit (old Gaui X3 without L) or ALZRC Devil 380.

Or you go with their new MSH/XLPower 380 for $200 (without electronics).

I am sure you already know about OXY4 (325mm) or OXY Max....
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)

Last edited by Thomas.Heiss; 08-18-2019 at 10:10 PM..
Thomas.Heiss is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2019, 09:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Having been and still remaining a stout supporter of Blade models...

I would at least consider going to another brand

The Align 470L and Gaui X3 are 380-sized heli's that are a huge leap above

Which means You will get to learn all the ins-n-outs of FBL systems...the most popular being the Brain/iKON2

Both models are tuff as hell...and parts are economical
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2019, 08:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. The crash was 100% because of my carelessness of flying it a bit too high in an area where there was dense forest in close proximity. I really should have saved that for the open fields.

I am a bit torn because of the fact that I have a good amount of new parts for the 330X including blades, canopies, etc. I am going to make a few more trips to the area where it went down and if my searching is fruitless than I may end up looking for a cheaper used one. The 330 is plenty big for my comfort zone as of now but I can see getting some larger models in the future. I have a feeling my next step after the 330 will be a kit helicopter.
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2019, 11:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did u ever find your heli? Good news Horizon just released a 330S and it has everything you could want in a trainer. Panic recovery, stability mode and cheap plentiful parts
jasond1979 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2019, 12:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

After I drilled My 330X into the ground...I did the best of both worlds...

Rebuilt it from the ground up into a MicroHeli CF frame

A kit build from something I am very familiar with...and none of the quirks of a new kit
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2019, 05:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Gaui x3l ftw.
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2019, 04:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can not agree, to some of the above:
Quote:
Never. 450Size is 325mm Mainblade. 360Size is 360mm Mainblade. Not to Mention the root, diameter of main shaft and else.
Quote:
Newer Blade heli BNF models seem to use their proprietary FBL receivers. Not a BeastX FBL (AR7200BX or AR7210BX).
Of course they do. Smaller Modells are equipped with AR636/AR6335. The 360 modells are equipped with BeastX AR7200BX/AR7210BX.
Quote:
Con argument against Blade BNF:
Included H3050MG servos + H3060MG (tail).
Bottom plastic is cheap - loosen the screws one time and the bottom mounts will break/crack!
Still one of the best Servo Set on the market for this size. I run them since years in my Modells, from 230Size up to 360 size. Never lost a bolt or cracked the housing.
Old 12-30-2019, 02:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

No fact is these h3050/60 servos are one of the worst in build quality in their class. And for the price they sell..they are complete crap! You can get a ton more durable servos with same performance for a third of the price
TomazB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2019, 02:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

And about fbl units: only 360cfx 6s versions and 270cfx(6s) used BX, all the rest are using propriety fbls (including 360cfx 3s). None of the new Blade BNF helis uses anything else then spektrum FBLs
TomazB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2020, 09:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fox View Post
I can not agree, to some of the above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas.Heiss View Post
Never. 450Size is 325mm Mainblade. 360Size is 360mm Mainblade. Not to Mention the root, diameter of main shaft and else.
Of course, 325mm main blade length is the size of a 450er model.

With the above sentence, I will try to update it, I originally meant this:

It feels like that the 450er heli sizes are pretty much dead with some rarer exceptions (Blade 330X, 330s, Trex 450 RTF, Hirobo,...).

Those 450 heli models got replaced by the newer (bigger) 360-380 sizes.

Gaui X3 / ALZRC X360 (360)
Gaui X3L (380)
Trex 470
Goblin 380
Blade 360CFX (6s or 3s)
you name them

In my other thread I did not find too many cheap 450/360 heli kit options so far:

"Are there any really cheap 450/360-380 heli build kits (flybar or FBL) available?": https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=847037

Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Old 02-06-2020, 03:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can someone please tell me the optimal offset distance of the tail servo rod connection? On the servo arm? I'm chasing a wag!
JohnCl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2020, 04:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
No fact is these h3050/60 servos are one of the worst in build quality in their class. And for the price they sell..they are complete crap! You can get a ton more durable servos with same performance for a third of the price
I often read this...but when i compare the technical data, the "more durable servos with same performance for a third of the price" can not outperform the stock servos. Of course, if You crash often and hard, a cheap servo will serve You better. I had no issues with stock H3050/3060, but i do not crash my Helis. As they are scale builds, i would appreciate to find a servo at same or better speed and torque, for same price or even a little more.
Old 07-27-2022, 12:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

It was said in other threads that the H3050 have weak metal gears, right?

People crash the helis which contain them out of the box and have to replace gears or something.

IMHO it makes more sense to invest money into Kst Ds215Mg V3 which already has Titanium gears.

Or looking for Gdw servos, BlueArrow or similar stuff.

I do not know many micro cyclic servos with hardened steel / Titanium gears, but would personally favor this over weaker MG.

Maybe there is somewhere a suitable servo list put together by users for the micro size.

At my LHS there are some different vendors as well but I can't really tell which one is only MG, uses for example a single plastic gear after the motor, full MG or which ones contain hardened steel gears.

For sure it makes sense to carefully read specs and manufacturer product description.

Can't tell you how long it actually takes to take out the two Ds76 from an old Blade 450/330 frame, open it, exchange gears, put back two roll servos into that outdated servo holder, remount all cables, etc.

My dealer was not aware of better alternatives than a H3030 upgrade in 2015 set but now he has Kst & others too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in