How to change the Pitch on a Walkera 4#3b? - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q

4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q Walkera 4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default How to change the Pitch on a Walkera 4#3b?

I understand that you can change the responsiveness/stability by changing the postitive pitch angle of the paddles. The more positive pitch, the slower the responsiveness, but the more hover stability. The less positive pitch, the faster the responsiveness, but the less hover stability. Right?

So how do you set the pitch? Do you use a guage? What guage will work on such small paddles?
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2008, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Joblin View Post
I understand that you can change the responsiveness/stability by changing the postitive pitch angle of the paddles. The more positive pitch, the slower the responsiveness, but the more hover stability. The less positive pitch, the faster the responsiveness, but the less hover stability. Right?

I've experimented with different pitch on the paddles once before, I think it does make a little difference as you say, though it's very hard to tell, I wasn't 100% sure at the time if I was noticing any difference or not. I've never tried a pitch gauge on the paddles, just did it by eye. After trying the paddles pitched both positively and negatively, I settled for just having them flat, since that's how they came in the box.

Though I can remember when I got my original 4#3 back in March, the flybar paddles were set at a positive pitch when I took it out of the box, though the old model is only good for hovering IMO, not nearly as good at forward flight as the A and B.
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

You had me a bit nervous there Dusty... your first paragraph indicated that your paddles came stock with zero pitch, but then your second paragraph stated that your did actually come with a positive pitch out of the box... mine did too (that is, came out of the box with a positive pitch)... perhaps I should just leave alone.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

It was the A and B that came with the paddles set level, though I can remember the paddles on the A were uneven out of the box, probably bounced around in the post, so who knows for sure.

The old 4#3 definitely did come with positive pitch on the paddles, I gave that heli a lot of attention a the time, trying to get it to fly, although it was my inexperience that was the main problem!
Old 12-29-2008, 02:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I suppose you guys are trying to get more lift from chaning the pitch. There is actually a much surer way to get more power and agility. The trick is to use the new 5-in-1 technology from the 4#3q on your 4#3b. Just follow the link below:
http://wowhobbies.com/sale43bto43cconversionkits.aspx
For a heli this size the 4.7g savings will surely translates to a substantial improvement. I ordered the upgrade kit and it's referred to as the 4#3b to 4#3c conversion kit.
maxmicrox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2008, 04:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, I've seen the 4#3c, looks impressive. The 2g weight saving the 4#3A has over the 4#3B makes a good difference, so the more weight lost the better IMO. Let us know how it goes when you get it.

Cheers
Dusty
Old 12-30-2008, 09:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I too have been looking at the 4#3C package... does indeed look awesome!

My original question was on setting the paddle pitch to provide easier, more "docile" behaviors (that is, slowing things down a bit so I could learn how to fly it!).

I made a cardboard measuring tool that I can use to set both paddles to 5 degrees positive pitch. I'm going to make it out of acrylic sheet tomorrow and I'll post a picture.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.