Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2008, 09:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default Esky EK0406A Transmitter - Whats it all about.

Brief Breakdown of what all the Dials and Knobs do on the Transmitter (eSky Model: 0406A) that ships with the Esky Belt CP RTF.

Numbers on the Picture in each section Corresponds to the descriptions below it.

Rear Side of the Transmitter:

1, Battery Compartment Cover (Compartment houses 8 AA batteries)
2, Trainer socket to connect to another transmitter or a Flight Simulator
3, Antenna
4, Carring Handle.

Here is the TOP of the Transmitter:

1, A Trainer Switch. Instructor Holds Switch in on his Transmitter to give Student Control.
2, Pitch Trim knob to increase or Decrease Pitch Range of Main Rotors
3, IDLE UP Switch. Used for 3D Flying
4, HOV / PITCH / Throttle Curve knob.. Left of 12 o clock More headspeed Less pitch,
Right of 12 O clock, More pitch less Headspeed
5, Antenna
6, Carring Handle

Left Portion of Transmitter:

1, Transmitter LED voltage Indicator
2, Gyro switch to Turn the Gyro OFF or ON (on Heading Hold Gyro Only), Up is off, Down is on.
3, Collective Stick : Push UP to increase Rotor Speed and Positive Pitch, Push DOWN to decrease Rotor Speed and negative Pitch. Push LEFT to turn helicopter Tail Left and Push RIGHT to turn helicopter tail right
4, Not used (keep trim always all the way down)
5, Elevator Trim Adjustment
6, Power Switch
7, Rudder (Tail) Trim Adjustment

Right Portion of Transmitter:

1, Elevator & Aileron Stick. Push it Up to make the Elevator tilt forward and Down. Pull it back to make the Elevator tilt backward and Down. Move it Left to make the Aileron tilt left (move Left, Sideways flight) and right to tilt right (move Right, Sideways flight).
2, Elevator trim Adjustment.
3, Lanyard connection point.
4, Power Switch
5, Aileron trim adjustment.
6, To control direction of Servo`s connected to Reciever. Normal or reverse

Last edited by Finless; 04-04-2008 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: sticking per request
DierWolf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2008, 11:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Switches inside battery compartment:

A - aileron & rudder. Up = AIL left, RUD right. Down = AIL right, RUD left.
B - pitch & elevator. Up = PIT right, ELE left. Down = PIT left, ELE right.

Mode 1 is A down, B up.
Mode 2 is both switches down.

1 - Pitch mixing. On = FP mode (90 deg swash), Off = pitch mixing enabled.
2 - Mixing mode. On = Belt style mixing, Off = CP2 style mixing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0406A_switches.jpg
Views:	34560
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	44220  
T-Rex 600NP, T-Rex 500 ESP, HDX500 SE V2, HDX450 SE V3, T-Rex/Outrage SE V2, EXI450, T-Rex 250, CopterX/Guru-Z hybrid, HBFP separates, Lama V4, 2 x Walkera 4#3B
another_finn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2008, 08:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DierWolf View Post
Brief Breakdown of what all the Dials and Knobs do on the Transmitter (eSky Model: 0406A) that ships with the Esky Belt CP RTF.

Left Portion of Transmitter:

1, Transmitter LED voltage Indicator
2, Gyro switch to Turn the Gyro OFF or ON (on Heading Hold Gyro Only), Up is off, Down is on.
3, Collective Stick : Push UP to increase Rotor Speed and Positive Pitch, Push DOWN to decrease Rotor Speed and negative Pitch. Push LEFT to turn helicopter Tail Left and Push RIGHT to turn helicopter tail right
4, Not used (keep trim always all the way down)
5, Elevator Trim Adjustment
6, Power Switch
7, Rudder (Tail) Trim Adjustment
On your description of the "Left portion of the transmitter", on number 3 you said for Left Stick: "Push LEFT to turn helicopter Tail Left and Push RIGHT to turn helicopter tail right"

Actually, pushing the LEFT stick turns the TAIL to the RIGHT. Pushing the stick RIGHT turns the tail to the LEFT. You should always "Fly the nose" when piloting Heli's....But you know that...

Z
zimatosa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2008, 08:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Holy Crap.. my mistake!!! Will fix

EDIT! Cant edit the post now that it became a sticky... For anyone reading please take note of above comment.
DierWolf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2008, 05:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

I wasn't able to change the mode of my tx using the two dip switches, any clues?
tomgj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2008, 05:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgj View Post
I wasn't able to change the mode of my tx using the two dip switches, any clues?
Not really. What did they do, or didn't they have any effect? Not all Esky transmitters even have the switches, and sometimes they seem to wire by luck - so I suppose it's possible that the switches simply aren't connected on your Tx.
T-Rex 600NP, T-Rex 500 ESP, HDX500 SE V2, HDX450 SE V3, T-Rex/Outrage SE V2, EXI450, T-Rex 250, CopterX/Guru-Z hybrid, HBFP separates, Lama V4, 2 x Walkera 4#3B
Old 04-19-2008, 01:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

Didn't really take the time to play with the heli with the different switch settings, but when I get more time I will give a few combinations ago. Also the motor was disconnected. I'm thinking I may just have to get used to mode 1, as both my tx units and my sim are mode 1, oh well!
tomgj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008, 04:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgj View Post
I'm thinking I may just have to get used to mode 1, as both my tx units and my sim are mode 1, oh well!
If you want to switch from mode1 to mode2 follow the link

http://www.twf-sz.com/english/downlo...de=Transmitter

and look at "the exchange of left and right operating rods"
Old 07-06-2008, 04:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

Does anyone know how to correctly set up trainer mode (using two TX's). I've tried all iterations of batteries in/removed, crystal in/removed and anything else I could think of, the slaved controller never manages to control the heli at all (no response to stick movement).
lerneaen_hydra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2008, 06:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Don't quote me on this but I think you must remove the crystal from Tx #1 (The NOOBIE) and the trainer switch is held by Tx #2(the one who has the skills to pilot the bird)and must be held to give control to Tx #1. When the trainer switch is not held by Tx #2, Tx#2 has full control of the heli. READ THE 1ST 8 WORDS AGAIN thanks, just so we're clear.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

Thumbs up Thanks, just what I was looking for!

Thank you! Just getting started (Still studying my kit, included documentation is lacking in a few areas…) and was loosing my mind trying to figure out switch 3 (IDLE UP Switch.) was and which position was on for the Gyro switch.
Temjin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2008, 03:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_finn View Post
Switches inside battery compartment:

2 - Mixing mode. On = Belt style mixing, Off = CP2 style mixing.
Can you elaborate? whats the difference between belt and CP2?
When you switch to 90 degree swash you lose idle up. Is there a way to keep idle up and 90 deg swash?
fluffhead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2008, 03:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
Can you elaborate? whats the difference between belt and CP2?
When you switch to 90 degree swash you lose idle up. Is there a way to keep idle up and 90 deg swash?
CP2 swashplate goes down for positive pitch. The servos also seem to have noticeably greater throws when the transmitter is configured for a CP2. I think there might also have been some difference in the servo configuration (front servo reversed?) but I no longer have a stock transmitter so I can't check.

What do you mean there's no idle up with a 90 deg swash? That's FP mode with no pitch (aileron and elevator only), so all you get is high RPM at all throttle stick positions. If I recall correctly, it does still work although it obviously doesn't do anything useful.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_finn View Post
What do you mean there's no idle up with a 90 deg swash? That's FP mode with no pitch (aileron and elevator only), so all you get is high RPM at all throttle stick positions. If I recall correctly, it does still work although it obviously doesn't do anything useful.
I wanted it set up for 90 deg with collective pitch so I can easily use it with Phoenix simulator and still have idle up functionality. I cant cant get phoenix to work properly with it in the factory mode ccpm. They even have a preconfigured setting for the 0406A, and I cant get that to work right either. I know that its possible to configure the keypad to switch to idle up and then program throttle and pitch curves into phoenix, but to me thats an unrealistic workaround and I want to do it right.
fluffhead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2008, 11:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The right pit knob works as a fifth channel in Phoenix. I had it set to idle up but found i just leave it on anyway. So I switched it back to keyboard and use controller knob for throttle hold for autos.
SnipeD_RNA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2008, 09:57 AM   #16 (permalink)

Default esky 0404 transmitter

Hello, i have the EK2-0404 lama transmitter, i want to use for a plane, how its the setup of the switchs???
pipe09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2008, 10:03 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe09 View Post
Hello, i have the EK2-0404 lama transmitter, i want to use for a plane, how its the setup of the switchs???
Exactly as they came from the factory. The 4-channel transmitter doesn't do any mixing, so the sticks already control separate channels. The reverser switch positions depend on how you mount the servos in your plane.

Be warned, though... the Esky transmitters have nothing like the range of a "real" radio, so don't venture too far. Should be perfectly fine for parkflyers, though.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:55 PM   #18 (permalink)

I try, but the trotthle not works, I have a esky receiver ek2-0420, the esc in ch3, servos work, but the motor no
Old 12-23-2008, 04:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Was that a "receiver ready" plane, or did you set up the ESC and motor yourself? If so, what are they? The receiver is getting power so the connection between the receiver and ESC is good... Now you just need to figure out why the motor isn't responding. Do you get any arming beeps from the motor when the ESC powers up?
Old 12-23-2008, 10:32 PM   #20 (permalink)

Sorry for my bad english, Im from Chile.
I connect the esc in ch3 an the servos in ch1&ch2, the servos move correctly by the motor nots turn, and the esc not sound, but if I connect in the esc in other channel like 1 or 2, the esc beeps and motor works but using the rudder or elevator sticks, I trying moving the switchsl located back(batterys)in the transmitter but only do some mixs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in