Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #81 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Nope... lowering swash mix for cyclic has NOTHING to do with pitch pop my friend! That is blades (they are pretty good but DAMN small cord), RPM, motor performance (which Gaui seems to always LACK in) and overall power.

Now this is going to PISS off the usual Gaui guys but TRUTH BE TOLD... I NEVER hold back!
Watched a Trex 250 fly that day. MUCH more power and head speed stock out of the box. It flew better because of power and it WAS out of the box!
I will say if Gaui wants to compete with the Trex 250, they freakin BETTER up the power system. Align has and it shows!

Now on the other end of this convo.... EVERYONE including ME agrees the Gaui V2 is better quality machining wise and design than the T250!!!! I will totally agree with this at THIS TIME. Yep... you HEARD me right! This helis is better!
But realize nothing stands still for too long.... My opinion on this can change! As you freakin know Align.... They don't wait around.... Gaui V2 is well built PERIOD! They need to power this sucker up OUT of the box to compete with the 250. If they do we would be having a very different conversation

The question is WILL THEY? I would love to see it personally as again the design and quality is TOPS! People in the US want a well powered heli. COMPETE Gaui! This is your chance! Stand around and wait..... You know what will happen as it happened before with the Shogun. Make the out of the box experience as GOOD or better than Align! You have the heli to do it..... So DO IT! You have NO excuse now and only your stock power system is holding you back from competing with Align on this heli TOE to TOE!
Anyone that owns one disagree? I BET you wont if you own both!

OK my 3 cents.... In the end it's the best Gaui heli out of the box I have ever had. Glad to see them making helis that are fun and work!

YES... I will power UP this heli and see what it does! I like it a lot but it should come with good power OUT of the box! I hope I made my point constructively?

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see, thanks for clearing that up. I know that people have been putting Tonic-X 5150 in them but they are a sucker for power. Has anyone tried the Tonic-X 4850 or the new scorpion HK-2208-4660kv?

I know the battery life of either motor would be better than the 5150, but I am curious if anyone has tried them and with what results?

The 4600kv scorpion would probably need a greater pinion than a 15t... I have the scorpion -8 with a 13t in my 450 though and love it.
VengeanceCP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2009, 09:52 PM   #83 (permalink)

i have been flying the gaui 200 for a year, and recently bought a V2. the stock motor works fine and has plenty of power. there are many videos to prove this. the 250 is a 3S heli. put a 3S battery in the V2. the kits don't include batteries, and you can use a 3S lipo. watch one of kyle stacy's videos on the V2. he is flying a totally stock heli. the collective on your V2 looked mushy, but i believe that is a set up problem, not a power problem. these heli's are not figured out over night though, or in a few flights. great build videos and reviews, and nice flying too.
unklebuck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2009, 10:11 PM   #84 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Unklebuck.. BS on the setup problem my friend.... TOTAL BS... if you watch my flying vid with 12/12, That is all the heli can do! I was supplied Gaui 2S packs and EVERYTHING was out of the box!

Setup problem? YOU have to be freakin kidding? Are you seriously trying to tell me that? You have to be kidding?

OK tell you what Uncle freakin Buck... Your the SMART MAN.... TELL ME... what my setup problem is? I want to know since you seem to be more knowledgeable about this heli than me flying it for a year now....

My god..... setup problem... Someone has delusions of some kind!

BTW Uncle Buck... how about a video of YOU flying STOCK! Hell you been flying it for a YEAR! Should be pretty good by now?
I don't want to hear about a 3S setups, non stock motors, and Kyle Stacy (he has collective management skills the average person DOES NOT HAVE) or doing something other than stock! That is ALL BS... I showed what STOCK is... THAT is what STOCK is to the average person!...

If your going to freakin call me out then put your ASS on the table STOCK or walk away! Anything else is FORUM BS coming from an Uncle that is probably full of BS and BIAS to begin with...

Sheesh... I cant believe you just said to me I must have a setup problem....

Bob
Old 01-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #85 (permalink)

Old 01-07-2009, 10:46 PM   #86 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Yea OK.... Unklebuck joined Sept 2008.... Give me a rolling eyes and tell me I setup wrong... Dude... Your loosing credibility at this point.

I showed STOCK as supplied to me. You say "it has plenty of power". I agree for average Joe flying. IT DOES! But for more harder stuff... Well sorry the Align 250 out of the box has more. I have seen it, my friends have seen it, and so on.
I believe the Gaui is a better built machine it just needs to be powered up like the Align is now. No need to get defensive! It's the TRUTH.... Why did Bert have to put a different motor in it to KICK IT? I am not saying anything that is not true and you freakin know it!

I STICK to what I said above and am going to put MY NAME and reputation ON IT!
How about you Unklebuck? You want to feed the people BS or truth? In the end that is what it comes down to.

Bob
Old 01-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #87 (permalink)

Gaui Hurricane 200 V2 Helicopter (5 min 38 sec)

videos don't lie. you said the motor needs more power. YOU are the one who is being defensive. i'm not going to tell you jack, because apparently, you know everything. this video is a stock 200. whether the pilot is a pro or not is irrelevant. just watch the lack of power on this video and tell me who is BSing
Old 01-07-2009, 11:09 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by unklebuck View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTj51fibd0A

videos don't lie. you said the motor needs more power. YOU are the one who is being defensive. i'm not going to tell you jack, because apparently, you know everything. this video is a stock 200. whether the pilot is a pro or not is irrelevant. just watch the lack of power on this video and tell me who is BSing
That doesn't even sound like the same heli as in Bob's video.
CatchmyCorsair is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2009, 11:37 PM   #89 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

OK on to that video you just posted... AND YES I am going to freakin call out RAY STACY on this one! BS there is NO WAY that is the same setup as sent to me by EmpireRC. If it is then I got a suck motor, Ray is running that on 3S, or something! There is a LIE here and I am going to get to the bottom of it!

DON'T be fooled people! There is something here that doesnt make sense!

Do you hear the head speed in that video over what my head speed in my video is? There is something NOT truthful here and I am going to CALL IT OUT NOW! Either they have changed pinion, motor, or something dude.... NO WAY can I get that head speed out of the "stock out of the box setup" I got from Empire hobby!

Dude... I am not a freakin n00b and not an idiot! You freakin Gaui guys are either living in a different world or someone is blowing smoke up your ass.... Not sure yet what the deal is and I am going to find out but NO FREAKIN way will the heli, motor, ESC, and batteries supplied to me by Empire RC do what is shown in the Kyle Stacy video!

Time to get to the bottom of this BS and I am going to do it!

In the end this BS has to come out as I am tired of the Gaui 200 BS. Something is going on here and somehow we all have to make it clear to the people.

GOD... I knew I didn't want this... I didn't want to build this heli... I knew there would be BS all over the place with this heli (gee I guessed that right didn't I), And now LOOK at the crap!

WHY does the CHEAPEST heli on the market cause the most freakin controversy?

Well if I am going to put my freakin name on it then I want the truth damn it!

Bob

Last edited by Finless; 01-08-2009 at 02:28 PM..
Old 01-07-2009, 11:50 PM   #90 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Yea know what.... Until I get to the bottom of the video Unklebuck just posted, I am pulling all my videos. If I got lied to.... NO WAY will I support this heli.

I will post them back when I get to the bottom of this BS...

I showed my HONEST eval as a NON freakin SPONSORED pilot of a stock kit. Thats what I did... If some other videos call me a lier then I want to know WTF!

Guys... I do this for you all... I am NOT sponsored and certianly NOT to LIE.... So I have to pulled my stuff until there is a truth here or I get answers.......

Sorry it has to be this way

Bob
Old 01-08-2009, 12:21 AM   #91 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

BTW I just got several PM's that told me it was because I ran in gov mode.

If you would all really PAY ATTENTION to my videos I misspoke but the video was correct.... I DID set up for NON-gov mode! The STOCK setup of the ESC... I just SAID and misspoke that I setup gov mode! I will correct that but know that I was running in NON gov mode on the esc....

In fact the day I tested the heli I tried BOTH.... AOX who filmed me knows this so ask the truth...

In the end I did NOT get the insane head speed that is shown in kyle's vid....

Bob
Old 01-08-2009, 12:47 AM   #92 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Ya know..... I am getting hatefull PM's now and this for me has never happened EVER!

Honeslty I am certain it is a group that has sent me hateful PM's before and you know who you are.

Well you WON... I am bowing out of all this BS. It's amazing that some people can really be so serious as to take the fun out of heli flying and in the end attack me to no end. All I am trying to do is help people but for some reason, some people see it as some other motive.

It's a shame really and I am giving in... It's simply not worth my time.

I am going to send back my Gaui 200 to Empire RC and be done with this.

You haters won as I simply don't want the hassle or the problems anymore....

To everyone else, I am sorry it had to be this way. This has never happened before and I am ashamed. I will do my best to not have this happen again and stay out of the politics. For me I simply cannot take the negative BS I get when it comes to a heli.

Sorry folks... I am bowing out!
To the HATER crowd about me.... YOU WON.... It's just NOT worth my time anymore. Enjoy you reign! 6 months from now you will be a forgotten group of seriously mental people. In the end.. I am amazed how bad you made me feel I hope you ENJOYED it!

In the end WHO WON? Not the users of this heli I am sure...

Enjoy,
Bob
Old 01-08-2009, 01:07 AM   #93 (permalink)
sd0
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Ya know..... I am getting hatefull PM's now and this for me has never happened EVER!

Honeslty I am certain it is a group that has sent me hateful PM's before and you know who you are.

Well you WON... I am bowing out of all this BS. It's amazing that some people can really be so serious as to take the fun out of heli flying and in the end attack me to no end. All I am trying to do is help people but for some reason, some people see it as some other motive.

To everyone else, I am sorry it had to be this way. This has never happened before and I am ashamed. I will do my best to not have this happen again and stay out of the politics. For me I simply cannot take the negative BS I get when it comes to a heli.

Sorry folks... I am bowing out!
To the HATER crowd about me.... YOU WON.... It's just NOT worth my time anymore. Enjoy you reign! 6 months from now you will be a forgotten group of seriously mental people. In the end.. I am amazed how bad you made me feel

Enjoy,
Bob
Bob, I feel bad for you, all you are trying to do is help people. If it weren't for your vids I am positive I would have crashed my Trex600 on the first hover(all I had before was B400RTF). And you even went above and beyond that and answered a question I asked in another forum about my Solid G gyro. You have got to be one of the nicest most honest and generous people I have ever encountered. Please do not let this get you down. Most of us really appreciate everything you give us here for free.

I can't believe people would attack you like that when you are doing them a free service, and I agree there is something fishy with that video, unless you got some bad parts, there is no way it is the same heli.

I already have a Trex250, so I won't be getting a Gaui, they seem to attract some real extremists, I remember all the trouble you had over the 550 as well.

Anyway, please try to forget about this and have fun.
sd0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2009, 01:22 AM   #94 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

See folks.... This is why.
I just got a PM from a friend that goes to another forum.

THIS is why I am backing out! Oh and this forum SUPPORTS Ray Stacy! They feel they are all about the heli but in fact are all about HATE!

I am pretty positive Unklebuck and others are the haters here!

Amazing and perosnally it gets me down

...and the drama comes to an end:

Bob,

Really? don't you contradict yourself in your next comment?

Your wrong again Bob, maybe it's the gremlins that broke your heli? I thought you said this has never happened before? Which is it?

Wow kinda makes you a ******* member Bob. Seems like a bunch of people got the same treatment by you and your butt buddies on HF. Well there not our people, it's your new fans seeing you for what you are

Just can't admit you made a mistake Bob? Wouldn't it be easier to just say "hey I screwed up"?

So your not going to be sponsored anymore? Can I have it? I can set it up correctly for you if you want?

Oh no!! The hobby will die without Bob!!Say it ain't so!!!

Lies again, Bob has been "called out" several times in the past with the same results. He just can't admit when he is wrong.

Sorry folks... I am bowing out! YOU WON....

Nice grand-stand bow-out asshole.

Enjoy,
Bob

Bye Bob, we'll miss you.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:30 AM   #95 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Honeslty.... Can you believe that people world TALK LIKE THIS about a heli hobby?

Seriously? This has gotten me down along with the PM's I got tonight.

So how do I feel?
How would you feel after reading that?

I am a person after all not a "god" like being like some talk about me....

Seems I have some things to think about....

Bob
Old 01-08-2009, 01:48 AM   #96 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

And...... another HATEFUL message PM'ed to me by a friend.

Buzzkill is the messneger of all this BS and I want it to come out!

Post subject: Re: Bobs doing a V2 video series
[IMG]http://*******magazine.com/forum%20phpbb%203.0.1/styles/skymiles_red/imageset/icon_post_target.gif[/IMG]Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:36 pm
[IMG]http://*******magazine.com/forum%20phpbb%203.0.1/styles/skymiles_red/imageset/en/icon_user_online.gif[/IMG]Site Admin[IMG]http://*******magazine.com/forum%20phpbb%203.0.1/download/file.php?avatar=2_1218431505.gif[/IMG]
Location: Woodstock, IL "Honeslty.... Can you believe that people world TALK LIKE THIS about a heli hobby?

So how do I feel?

Seems I have some things to think about.... "

Bob

Oh Bobby, don't make me post your PMs publicly like you and Will did. I've got plenty of them saved where you show your true second face. Pay backs are a bitch Bob.

You have a lot to think about alright. You should think about the way you have treated people, You should think about getting help for your ego. You should think about what you created.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:55 AM   #97 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Buzzkill... You post my PM's buddy!

Lets get all this CRAP out in the open OK! I got FREAKIN NOTHING to hide buddy... I know you do though!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POST my PMs man....

So everyone can see what YOU THINK you know and are hold cards on me. Let's do it buddy.... I am an HONEST person and YOU are not! Let's get this BS over with and SHOW our cards in public! I am tired of you telling people you have ALL this info on me and I WANT IT OUT NOW! Only way to let the people know right? Lets SPILL the beans now and get it freakin over with so you cant run around in DARK CORNERS telling lies! SO SPILL IT YOU ASS HOLE!

Let the public decide dude!
When all is said and done... I know who will trust who...

Freakin ass wipe lets go for it and get it over with!

Bob
Old 01-08-2009, 02:02 AM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Honeslty.... Can you believe that people world TALK LIKE THIS about a heli hobby?

So how do I feel?

Seems I have some things to think about....

Bob

Honestly, I can't believe the tyrade you just went on one page over at the mere suggestion that your compass might have been off on a setup. . But I guess that's acceptable behavior? So much for mutual respect. I would have some things to think about too Bob if I were you. Like how I was going to appologize to the Stacy''s and Empire RC

And I am IB4TL
Old 01-08-2009, 02:11 AM   #99 (permalink)

GAUI EP 200 - Info and hard indoors 3D flight (4 min 57 sec)

Gaui 200 doing 3D flying in a Garage-Pilot-Nick Maxwell (3 min 12 sec)

Kyle Stacy Gaui 200 2008 iHobby Expo (3 min 52 sec)

Gaui 200 winter flying in the front yard (3 min 37 sec)

Fun with the Gaui 200 (2 min 50 sec)

Gaui 200 crash (3 min 51 sec)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4KETn8QL1c

here are some of the many videos out there that have stock motors. this is not a conspiracy bob.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:14 AM   #100 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Jetleaf.... Are you saying that in the end Kyle's helis and mine are the same machine? Yes I went on a Tyrade BECAUSE something is BS here!

You my friend are NOT asking the right questions! You should be asking WHY and not pointing fingers!

Yes I am on a tyrade because there are some truths NOT being said here and that I am sure of! I pulled my videos for a reason! I will NOT deceive people that trust me and until I know what the hell is going on and WHY I have a huge difference in performance between my STOCK setup and Ray's.... I am simply going to STAY on a tyrade.....

Got it? Pretty simple.....

Bob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in