Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #121 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Vids are back.... Your right.... Better to have them help someone.

As for the batteries. I was sent 2 Gaui batts. I doubt both are bad. I get the same power from both. If it is the batts so be it. But does show that Kyles heli is not stock. Stock means stock including the batts that came with mine! If he is running something else he should say so and not say stock!
I have no other 2S batts I can use to see if the gaui batts are the problem. Again what you see head speed wise is pure stock and has nothing to do with setup.

Finally I understand that Buzzkill posted my PM's. For those that want to see what all the BS is about go look at them. You will see it's a big bunch of BS and as i said... He has nothing on me that I am afraid of people seeing. Amazing...

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2009, 11:32 AM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Bob for the videos back !

Tomorrow will be another day and I am sure things will come to normal mode as ALWAYS in this forum.

Eduardo
Old 01-08-2009, 11:36 AM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Bob!

I don't think the batteries you got were bad - per say.. just that they are known not to have the grunt needed like say an outrage battery would..

Anyway - to ALL..

Let Bob have his play with the heli - maybe time and different batteries can improve it slightly, maybe a 5150 - who knows.... let him play with it and enjoy it like we (all other ep200 owners) do...

PLEASE - bite you're toungue if non-constructive ...

Let very well alone and let's get on with enjoying the hobby and the forum...

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX
jockstrap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #124 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Well I still want to hear from the people that say I have a setup problem. WHAT is setup wrong? 0 pitch on the ground you see my head speed. Nothing in setup is going to change the 0 pitch head speed. So Unklebuck.... Tell me what you think is wrong. I want to hear this.

People say "admit when I am wrong". It's kind of hard to admit something that I don't know. WHAT am I wrong on? Setting up this heli is no different than any others. The head is just like a logo and I have set those up before too. There is no "mystical" magic here.

So I am dieing to hear what I did wrong. I will change whatever you think I did wrong, shot a video again, and we shall see..... So lets have these "Pro's" that say it's a setup problem tell me what to change. Put your knowledge where your mouth is rather than just saying "It's a setup problem"... If it is say what it is. Otherwise just saying that does no good and your not proving anything!

Bob
Old 01-08-2009, 12:17 PM   #125 (permalink)

GAUI EP 200 - Info and hard indoors 3D flight (4 min 57 sec)

bob, watch this video that was shot a year ago. he has a 401 and an old style 30 gram canopy. this heli is 100% stock. please explain to me how they do this. you are the expert, not me. i never claimed to be an expert, or a pro.

but.....maybe bert and craig are liars too?
unklebuck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2009, 12:17 PM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine flies pretty similar to that flight review video (finally got to see it).
Im using the gaui 2s batteries and wooden blades and the smaller flybar weights.

I will try to get someone to hold my blackberry and move the stick up and down for a few seconds.

I noticed Kyle Stacey's flybar had no weights on it. His heli seems to stop on a dime when he changes the collective the opposite direction. It never said 'stock' on it. All the video intro stated was a 2s battery, a futaba transmitter and a gaui v2. We never get to see the electronics on it or the motor pinion.

Mine did fly and sound very similar to that video once on a 3s lipo; however, my tail also exploded when it ripped a bearing up. I do not plan on trying that again until the new output shafts come in.
Wurger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #127 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Well first off my piloting skills are not at the level of these pro pilots. You all know a pro can make anything look good! But with that said again they all have a much higher head speed and that is the key point here. Mine is BONE STOCK with Gaui batts and I am simply not getting that kind of power that these vids you keep showing Buck!

So again... WHERE is the setup problem you keep claiming I have? These guys have something different in the heli that I do not have. Flybar weights will not change the power it simply makes cyclic slower and more stable.

I think it is the batteries they are using vs what I have but I have no other 2S batts to find out. So these videos are not doing anything to show what the deal is.

Bob
Old 01-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #128 (permalink)

They are using Thunderpower 2s he said so himself in the vid, so not stock....
HermHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

great vids again, I am sure they will help out many. I may not agree with everything Finless does, but I am glad he takes the time to do what he does for everyone. It is hard to keep up with all the new stuff and I must say I have found many good tips from some of his past vids.
but that little 200 does sound kind of funny? I don't have the New version 200 but mine doesn't seem to have the gear noise and it does seem to have a higher headspeed, I am also running the gaui 800 2s packs, so I wonder if something has changed in the gearing or motor with the new version? also It looks like I get much more verticle pop from mine. I am running the hitec servo's, stock gaui motor and esc. although in the Vid it didn't seemed to have any problem with flips. I highly doubt the setup is wrong.
i may have missed this though, I didn't read all the posts, are you still running Gov mode or flat 100% curve? I tried Gov and didn't like for some reason, don't recall why but it worked better Gov Off, and now i beleive I am running a flat 100 curve.
regardless thanks again
concept1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #130 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I went back and watched my ESC setup video and I made a VERBAL mistake and said I setup the ESC for Heli mode with gov. But if you watch you will see that I set it up per the defaults which is heli mod no gov. So I never ran gov mode!

The flying video is heli mode no gov and 100% flat idle up curve.

One thing I am hearing from others than took the time to give me proper feedback is that people running the same gaui battery are saying theirs sounds like mine as far as head speed goes. At this point this I think is the discrepancy between what I am seeing and the videos unklebuck is posting.

I know batteries can make a huge difference in performance. I am going by my LHS to see if I can pick up a Outrage 2S 800ma pack and see if it makes a difference.

So again my post that seemed to cause everyone to get upset and claim "setup issue" is that the power I am getting stock with the gaui battery is not as good out of the box as the Trex250 with the supplied Align battery out of the box! Thats a fact.... like it or not. I realize 2S vs 3S and all but I was ASKED to compare my thoughts between the two out of the box and I did.

Bob
Old 01-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi!
I saw the Hurricane 200 yesterday the first time in reality and just saw you made a build series! Really great! The advice I got was to have at least 3.000rpms and some good batteries.
Anyway, big thanks once more for doing this series!
-klaus
Old 01-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #132 (permalink)

bob has done more for this "sport" than any single person in the world in my opinion.

he is the reason why i got into heli's in the first place. ironic?

i have no beef with bob at all, other than some of the comments he has made about me, gaui, and my friends. but i also realize we are all human, and can make mistakes. i have said things on helifreak that i regret.

i do not think bob is stupid. i view him as someone i look up to.

when i made the comment on this thread about thinking that bob may have a set up problem, i was sincere. i meant no disrespect by it at all. and i also feel that many new 200 pilots experience the same thing. why should bob be any different. i don't care how long you have been flying/building heli's, it's different with this one. the way this heli is set up is crucial, and every single 200 is different. this heli must be set up by the way it flies. it took me almost 4 months to get mine right. just look at the 200 threads, filled with guys having problems, and crashing, but also filled with many sucess stories, modifications, improvement ideas, and changes by the factory. we told gaui how it flew and what needed to be improved, and they listened, watched, and then responded. what more could you ask for in a company?

i can't tell you how to set up your heli bob, but i would have helped you try and figure it out, just like anyone else that i have done the same thing for.

i have been sick lately, and have spent alot of time on here, and other forums. maybe too much.

if you would rather that i not participate, just let me know, and i'll become a troll.

Kevin
Old 01-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #133 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Participate Kevin...
I got heated last night for another reason and that was threats from Buzzkill again to share these "secret" PM's that have all this bad stuff I supposedly said, vendors I supposedly threatened, etc. Well now that he has shared them for all to see, you all can be the judge of how bad they really are. Now I am happy as I cannot be threatened by him over that anymore. So you got caught up in my anger about that last night.

However, telling me I have a setup problem is also not a fare statement and provides no useful information other than to say I have something wrong! I can tell you I don't have a setup problem. My vids SHOW how I set it up and it is set up like I would any heli.

Quote:
i don't care how long you have been flying/building heli's, it's different with this one. the way this heli is set up is crucial, and every single 200 is different. this heli must be set up by the way it flies.
Here we go again... This tells me nothing! WHAT "different" or crucial? Pitch? Cyclic? Magic dust that I didn't sprinkle on? There is no "magic" to setting up pitch or cyclic. You either have too little, too much, or it's right. So what is crucial? and what part of the setup is crucial? I completely understand about running too much or too little. To little and it ain't going to fly the best it can. However too much means nothing unless you try to use it which as you can see by my flying I did not.

So the only "setup" problem can be one of 2 things.
1) My motor is not performing as it should
2) My packs are not performing like the packs shown in the other videos you shared.
OR.... what they are using for equipment in those videos is NOT the same as what I got. It's not going to be magic crucial fairy dust!

Bob
Old 01-08-2009, 03:58 PM   #134 (permalink)

i'm picking up the sarcasm bob.

at this point i wouldn't give you the benefit of an answer. let's just let the dust settle. work on it a little bit. you'll be surprised what a half a turn on a link can do for you. visit the 200 forums a little more often and get to know all the fine people there, and in the 550 forums.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I can say Bob that my outrage packs gave a differance I could hear.I wont use any other pack now.If you get one I cant wait to hear your input.
2HDX300's
3 gaui200's
aristo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2009, 04:15 PM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I want to see if it is indeed the batteries. I really don't think it is.
I'm going to the AMA Expo in Ontario on Saturday around 2pm with a friend.

I fly with three stock gaui 2s 800mah batteries (I assume they're around 15c?) and a FullyMax 25c 850mah (SureFlite's brand) and there isn't a difference. The only time I see a difference is if I use one of my small 3 cell batteries.

Ill bring all my batteries, tx and Gaui with me. Lets do it all SCIENCE! like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT4277.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	75955  

Last edited by Wurger; 01-08-2009 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: Added picture
Wurger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #137 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by unklebuck View Post
i'm picking up the sarcasm bob.

at this point i wouldn't give you the benefit of an answer. let's just let the dust settle. work on it a little bit. you'll be surprised what a half a turn on a link can do for you. visit the 200 forums a little more often and get to know all the fine people there, and in the 550 forums.
A half a turn of a link... Hmmmm... Amazing...

Yes you are hearing sarcasm because these comments are absolutely doing nothing but blowing smoke! Lets see....
Setup problem comment with no facts behind it on whats the setup problem.
Crucial to setup but you don't say what is so crucial
The heli is "so different" to setup but you don't say what that is.

A half turn of a link. Lets see... You set up a head so all is 90, 90, 0 pitch at center stick, etc. Pretty straight forward I think. So 1/2 turn of a link puts in the magic power and gives me all that head speed? Hmmm... Gotcha

Quote:
want to see if it is indeed the batteries. I really don't think it is.
I'm going to the AMA Expo in Ontario on Saturday around 2pm with a friend.

Ill bring all my batteries, tx and Gaui with me. Lets do it all SCIENCE! like.
See you there. I will be running around filming most the day.

Bob
Old 01-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #138 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have nothing against anyone on this forum, but i will point out false info when i see it. Lets take a look at these videos one at a time.

#1 Okay right of the bat you find out they're using TP batteries However he is using stock motor so that part is correct. However seeing as that is the V1 comparing that to a V2 is not fair unless both included the same motor.

#2Nowhere in the description, comments, or the video itself tell what the set up of the heli is. Once again is also a v1 heli by looking at the date of the video posted.

#3 Once again, no setup details anywhere and not sure whether its a v1 or v2

#4 It is a v2 but look in the description, he's using zpower 5150 motor not stock. No other setup details given.

#5 V1 gaui again no setup details.

#6 V1 gaui no setup details.

#7 Okay here we go, says stock motor and pinion. 100% flat throttle curve. However is it a v1 or v2?, i don't know when the v2 was released exactly but i know it was very recent. So im guessing thats a V1.

The only 2 videos we know for sure are using stock motor are the first and last videos, but even then they are not totally stock setup which is what Bob is getting at. Only one or two of the videos were a v2 and one of those was with the z-power 5150 motor, the rest were v1 and its not fair to compare two different helis unless the included electronics are the same. And most of them don't even say the electronics they are using. Im not attacking unclebuck just pointing out that the claim that all of these are running stock motor is false. Whether unintentionally or intentionally it does not matter, i have nothing against anyone on this forum and this post is not ment to be an attack, sorry if you take it that way. If you however received information reguarding the setup of the helis shown in the above videos through other means such as PMing the person who flew the heli then my appologies.
cbrian4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2009, 06:07 PM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

Angry

ha i love how i got ripped on for some of the comment i have said previously and it was thought to be because of my young age(16)....

look at you guys(not everyone), and you are thought to be the so called mature adult.......you guys are flat out ridiculous.......grow up, get some class. you guys are no hero's, heck most people think we are huge loosers and nerds because we play with rc toys......

and AOX be ashamed of yourself for making that "special olympic" comment, that was outright disgusting and just shows how shallow of a person you are......i should say more but i am not going to.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #140 (permalink)
Registered Users

Canadians....

Just kidding!
VengeanceCP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in