Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 11:21 AM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think with yours the light flashing means fully charged.
700 size scale Bell Jet Ranger 206BIII, 450 size scale UH-1N, 180 size fpv race/freestyle quad w/Fatshark Dominator V3 goggles, mCPX BL, some edf jets and a plank or two, DX8, AMA# 923167, Clubs: Silver Hills RC, Coeur D Alene Modelers Association
JasonJ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2009, 11:27 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuNut View Post
Some ppl had to wait 3 weeks & more.

I forgot to add, when charging i'm not sure when its fully charged, manual seems to imply the light should stay on while charging and go off when fully charged, with mine the light flashes on & off but so far will not stay off, i charged it for arond 2 hrs and light was still on & off, can anyone chime in on exactly how the lights tell you when its charged ? Mine is the 720x version with date & time bottom right in yellow.

Speaking of which i cant get the date set, tried a few methods but none work for me so far.

Peace
I couldn't figure out the charging situation at first also. When I first put it on charge it just sat with the light solid yellow and I could feel the battery getting warm (it came fully charged). I pulled it off and played with it for a while (making a video), and when I put it back on charge it blinked for a couple hours then went to a solid yellow when it was full. So on mine, it blinks when charging and is solid when charged.

In order to set the date and time, this is what I did:
from here:
"For what you call the #3 camera - settime.txt and time.txt files don't work at all. It has to be a file named tag.txt reading EXACTLY this way:[date]
2009/10/22
03:45:00
There has to be a space after the first line AND AFTER THE SECOND LINE. And the time stamp starts when the key chain camera is powered on with this file on the root - not when the file is created - so create it with a time a minute ahead and then disconnect it from the USB (the proper way) and power up the keychain cam at that time.
Ronaldf says "all files and folders must be deleted before it will work properly. The tag.txt must be the only file on the card on startup"."
Old 11-20-2009, 01:02 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am a member of the waiting game club now too...
I got the 720x480 and a 4gb card for it. 11 bucks for each with free shipping.. I hope I get it faster then my last hong kong order. 3 weeks for the last one.. Should be fun to shoot videos of our local fields and stuff..
Old 11-20-2009, 01:07 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default At least a reply

digitalwholesaleshop answered my email with a reply that it had shipped on 11-15. They said to expect 7-15 days in transit. Maybe I'll see it around Thanksgiving.

AMA 2276
bobhinze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2009, 01:14 AM   #85 (permalink)
Bri
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If anybody ordered an extra one, please PM me...

B
Bri is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2009, 04:03 AM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeky View Post
Ah, marketing BS, you gotta love it. "Ours are better, look the exact same, but cost 5x as much". If people are happy with the removable memory models, there's no reason to believe someone selling a product for 5x as much. If he were unbiased and not selling them, I'd believe him. Since he is bashing his competitors and offering his own high priced version, he has 0 credibility. IMO.
OR just maybe I'm telling the truth. Why would I BS my customers if I want to stay in business?

I'm not bashing my competitors - I'm selling a DIFFERENT, better product with proper backup and honest advice.
blip is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2009, 07:50 AM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by blip View Post
OR just maybe I'm telling the truth. Why would I BS my customers if I want to stay in business?

I'm not bashing my competitors - I'm selling a DIFFERENT, better product with proper backup and honest advice.
Any documentation that your product is better/different? My guess is that they are all made in the same factory.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:47 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine came in today...just in time for some weekend fun. I guess I should get busy fabricating my horizontal fin mount...
ErichF is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2009, 06:03 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

rats wish mine would have come. Tomorrow is looking great.. then Sunday winter arrives with a vengeance... probably my last outdoor day tomorrow.

Someone share more vids from your cameras!
Old 11-20-2009, 06:25 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErichF View Post
Mine came in today...just in time for some weekend fun. I guess I should get busy fabricating my horizontal fin mount...
when did you order yours and from whom?
Old 11-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

got mine today. lights would come on and blink. but, not perform like it was shooting video or stills. plugged it into USB and it does not mount a volume or see a device. light indicates it is charging. maybe just out of juice. fingers crossed it's not a DOA.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

you did stick a card in it, right? or did you get the one with the mem on board?
Old 11-21-2009, 02:19 AM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudaboy_71 View Post
got mine today. lights would come on and blink. but, not perform like it was shooting video or stills. plugged it into USB and it does not mount a volume or see a device. light indicates it is charging. maybe just out of juice. fingers crossed it's not a DOA.
Did you report this purchase for your state sales tax Sorry I just couldn't help myself
When it is recording the light goes out till you hit the rec button again then the light should come back on. Depending on what model you have, one has internal memory and one does not. If you got the one that need the memory you have to install the card first
tt408 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2009, 02:29 AM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Still waiting on mine. Ordered the first one on Nov 6th, second one on the tenth.
700 size scale Bell Jet Ranger 206BIII, 450 size scale UH-1N, 180 size fpv race/freestyle quad w/Fatshark Dominator V3 goggles, mCPX BL, some edf jets and a plank or two, DX8, AMA# 923167, Clubs: Silver Hills RC, Coeur D Alene Modelers Association
JasonJ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2009, 08:37 AM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

you dont report every purchase immediately. i purchased it with a CC so i have a record. when i do my taxes it will be added in with the rest of the purchases

i'm not sure what the camera is doing. light-wise it seems like it is not doing what the instrucstions say it should. but, the fact that it wont mount on a computer is not encouraging. even if it is taking video it does me no good if i cant get it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt408 View Post
Did you report this purchase for your state sales tax Sorry I just couldn't help myself
When it is recording the light goes out till you hit the rec button again then the light should come back on. Depending on what model you have, one has internal memory and one does not. If you got the one that need the memory you have to install the card first
Old 11-21-2009, 08:42 AM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudaboy_71 View Post
you dont report every purchase immediately. i purchased it with a CC so i have a record. when i do my taxes it will be added in with the rest of the purchases

i'm not sure what the camera is doing. light-wise it seems like it is not doing what the instrucstions say it should. but, the fact that it wont mount on a computer is not encouraging. even if it is taking video it does me no good if i cant get it off.

some of these come with worthless usb cables, try another one

the ones with onboard memory (ver 1) have been known to have issues, including counterfeit memory causing the camera to fail

read here: http://www.chucklohr.com/808/

when did you order yours, BTW?
Old 11-21-2009, 08:47 AM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken22golf View Post
..........When I first put it on charge it just sat with the light solid yellow and I could feel the battery getting warm (it came fully charged). I pulled it off and played with it for a while (making a video), and when I put it back on charge it blinked for a couple hours then went to a solid yellow when it was full. So on mine, it blinks when charging and is solid when charged.
Yeah, i figured it out later that night, turns out the usb lead i got with it will not charge it, used a diff one and its fine.

As far as the date i tried many methods incl the one from that site but would not work for me. I was just reading on RCG and found that for my cam i needed to do the same as you but without ".txt" extension at the end, tag.tex would not work with mine.

A file called tag & in it
[date]
2009/09/01
05:20:00

was all i needed.

On another note i notice most things seemed way out of focus, close up things were out and far away things were out of focus also. So i took it apart and turned the thing on the lens until i got it good. If i adjusted it so close up things were in focus then far away things were out, & visa-versa, so after much messing i have a good between and all is good now. Pity is peeing down with rain so i cant go test it out.

Peace

My Logo-600
My Vids
ShuNut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2009, 04:09 PM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine is not recording sound. Any ideas? I have the one with the mini SD card.

More stuff than there is time to fly it.
AFjetmech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2009, 06:00 PM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just got mine, ordered it on the 8th. Everything seems to work. The lens on mine has a red tint. The light flashes while it charges and goes solid when full. It must be turned off after charging as the act of connecting it to a computer or a cell charger turns it on.

Initial pix look promising
Old 11-21-2009, 06:20 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
i needed to do the same as you but without ".txt" extension at the end, tag.tex would not work with mine.

A file called tag & in it
[date]
2009/09/01
05:20:00

was all i needed.
Can you explain what you mean? So, what extension did you use for the txt file?
ErichF is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in