Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #221 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by halley View Post
Not necessarily. Here's a sculpture in 3-D: just cross your eyes and relax until the two images mix in the middle. You should be able to see the lion is "in front of" the building background.

It sure works and is 3D. Cool.
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #222 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy New but dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael503 View Post
my camera would not start or be recognized by the computer.
Hi,
Received mine 6 weeks after order. Camera almost dead. Not recognized by the computer with a good SD card inside. Led remains on, buttons not operating except reset -> led off.
I have just ordered another one, and hope I will not loose this time .

A+
papayankee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 04:06 PM   #223 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

A little note about the keychain camera.

I just got a new 4GB microSD on sale from newegg with my last order, and I tried it in my camera. With this card the date did not flash and the video didn't stutter. I checked the transfer rate, and the card was ~10.7 MB/sec (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-990-_-Product).

With the original 2GB Sandisk microSD I purchased from Wal-Mart, the video stuttered every once in a while, and the date blinked a lot. I tested it's transfer rate, and it was 7.2 MB/sec.

So one thing to keep in mind when purchasing is that a faster microSD card will give you a smoother video. The slower card didn't really stutter much, but the difference in the date flashing is obvious.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayankee View Post
Hi,
Led remains on, buttons not operating except reset -> led off.
This may not be broken, actually.

The two buttons near the SD card slot and fob loop are just decorative. No function.

The button farthest from the camera lens is the "power" and you must hold it to turn it on or off. It will turn on while connected to USB. It will not turn off when disconnected.

The button nearest the camera lens is the "trigger" and the light turns OFF while recording. Very confusing, I agree. It makes you think it's powered off. Press briefly and it should turn the LED off briefly as it takes a still photo. Hold the button and it will flash the LED three times and then go off while it records a movie. Hold the button again and it will stop the movie after a couple seconds. None of the buttons will do anything if just tapped, which is another thing that is confusing. All of the controls on mine have to be held for at least half a second, and that always seems like such a long time to push a button.

I think they designed the circuit to turn another color (instead of go off) while recording. However, that would cost more money for a second color LED, so they just included the amber LED alone.
halley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #225 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken22golf View Post
The slower card didn't really stutter much, but the difference in the date flashing is obvious.
Hey, good to know. I will try on my new 8GB cards. I did the above demo on my phone's older 1GB chip.
halley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #226 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by halley View Post
This may not be broken, actually.

The two buttons near the SD card slot and fob loop are just decorative. No function.

The button farthest from the camera lens is the "power" and you must hold it to turn it on or off. It will turn on while connected to USB. It will not turn off when disconnected.

The button nearest the camera lens is the "trigger" and the light turns OFF while recording. Very confusing, I agree. It makes you think it's powered off. Press briefly and it should turn the LED off briefly as it takes a still photo. Hold the button and it will flash the LED three times and then go off while it records a movie. Hold the button again and it will stop the movie after a couple seconds. None of the buttons will do anything if just tapped, which is another thing that is confusing. All of the controls on mine have to be held for at least half a second, and that always seems like such a long time to push a button.

I think they designed the circuit to turn another color (instead of go off) while recording. However, that would cost more money for a second color LED, so they just included the amber LED alone.
I think the LED goes off while recording because it's supposed to be a ''spy' camera ie better stealth
HeliBenj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #227 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here is the 720x480 test flight. It was cold, about 25 degrees out and the helicopter was pretty stiff. One thing I noticed is the vid looks awesome when playing from the camera but after running it through Moviemaker and saving it, it seems a little less awesome. Then putting it on Youtube seems to degrade it a little further. I'll keep playing with it. I just put it on Youttube too so the quality should look better after their processing. Yeah, that's my little house with the green roof. The red building is an old closed up schoolhouse from the 30's. I didn't want to face the sun, that is why I flew this direction. A lot of trees though...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_FuTohZzzY[/ame]
700 size scale Bell Jet Ranger 206BIII, 450 size scale UH-1N, 180 size fpv race/freestyle quad w/Fatshark Dominator V3 goggles, mCPX BL, some edf jets and a plank or two, DX8, AMA# 923167, Clubs: Silver Hills RC, Coeur D Alene Modelers Association
JasonJ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2009, 06:21 AM   #228 (permalink)
Registered Users

just got mine, when i plug it in it doesn't appear as a drive, what's the first thing to try, new cable?
Kington99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2009, 07:41 AM   #229 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76WQ7kQjxds[/ame]

test flight
result : fantastic , no vibrations at all !!
Old 12-04-2009, 08:11 AM   #230 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kington99 View Post
just got mine, when i plug it in it doesn't appear as a drive, what's the first thing to try, new cable?
yup. that's what I'd do. does it light up at all?
Old 12-04-2009, 08:20 AM   #231 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

what is the best place to put the cam on a trex 450 pro ?
I tried on top of the canopy, it works great but the flybar almost touches it.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:20 AM   #232 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Which cam did you get? With my 640x480 one, I have to reconnect it a few times to get it to show up properly on the computer, even with a good cord. My 720x480 pops right up with no problems. But yeah, if you can't get it to show up at all, a new cord might be the first thing to try.

So does anyone else think this needs to be a sticky thread for everyone with these cams to put their vids on or is it just me?
700 size scale Bell Jet Ranger 206BIII, 450 size scale UH-1N, 180 size fpv race/freestyle quad w/Fatshark Dominator V3 goggles, mCPX BL, some edf jets and a plank or two, DX8, AMA# 923167, Clubs: Silver Hills RC, Coeur D Alene Modelers Association
Old 12-04-2009, 08:26 AM   #233 (permalink)
Registered Users

panic over, new cable and it's fine, shot 3 flying videos already, pretty mediocre flying but some nice scenery, search kington99 on youtube if you'd like to see them
Kington99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2009, 09:36 AM   #234 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
search kington99 on youtube if you'd like to see them
Just link it up to this thread, it's easy.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:59 AM   #235 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by filbas View Post
what is the best place to put the cam on a trex 450 pro ?
I tried on top of the canopy, it works great but the flybar almost touches it.
Right up on top! Flybar COULD hit.. but doesn't. Just dont do tic tocs.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:58 PM   #236 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here is my latest project. I took a spare plastic Raptor canopy and created a mounting block out of hard styrofoam. I cut it to shape, wrapped it in duct tap, and cut a hole in the snout of the canopy. It velcros in place. I will paint this canopy bright pink on one side and bright green on the other for high visibility. If I feel like some high altitude vid action I want to be able to see the helicopter. I will test it on my 50 as soon as the temps come out of the Arctic hell we have been in for the past week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camerasnout1.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	128158   Click image for larger version

Name:	camerasnout2.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	128159  
Old 12-09-2009, 08:06 PM   #237 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice work Jason. My camera is in the mail somewhere between here and Hong Kong. Probably won't be here until around or after Christmas. Bought the sd card from another seller (in Canada) and it arrived yesterday.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #238 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine is still on a boat from Hong Kong..
I think they put it on a rowboat.
Since I ordered it on Nov 19th, I have received 2 other orders from there and one from Korea, and I still have not gotten my camera.. The one thing that sucks about Honk Kong post is it just tells me that it has left the country, after that there is no more info..
Old 12-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #239 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The canopy looks like Snoopy. That should work well.

More stuff than there is time to fly it.
AFjetmech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #240 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFjetmech View Post
The canopy looks like Snoopy.
It does, doesn't it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in