Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default Spektrum DX6 setup guide for a Trex450SE

NOTE that his guide is for the original DX6 and not the newer DX6i, although the concepts are all equally applicable.

The original website with the useful setup guide seems to have disappeared so I am posting this PDF version here for those that need to find it.

The original link was this: http://www.digimemphoto.com/guides/backguide.htm

Many thanks to Sean Smith for his pioneering work way back in 2006 developing this valuable guide.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Align Trex SE DX6 Setup Guide.pdf (218.0 KB, 9772 views)
Previous rides: HX242, W5-4, TRex450(HDE), TRex450(SE), QJ-EP8v2, BCX2 ,Logo10, Hurricane550
SIM: Phoenix (previously also Reflex/XTR, ClearView, RF, FMS)
kgfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2011, 06:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hey Bob great job with all these videos they are going to be so helpful to me as I am new to Heli flying well CP anyway. Thank you so very much for all of your hard work and dedication in making these threads. I was looking for a thread to setup my DX6I But I have not found one I know there is one for the DX6 but not my radio? Could you point me in the right direction as I am going to need that I just bought my first Align T-Rex 450 and I am going to need all the help I can get with setting it up and all of that great stuff! Thank you once again Bob and great work here! When I seen this site I was so happy with all the great information about getting started and EVERYTHING!! Thank you so much Helifreak!! I would appreciate it if someone or anyone could help me with getting my DX6I setup or where to go for help with the settings. Thank you all very much
russbrown24 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2011, 11:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

These are very good.. they apply to any CP heli.. not just the b400. One difference though.. the b400 swash goes down to give positive pitch.. the Align goes up.

All are here
http://www.slyster.com/heli/b400bible.html#videos

Here are just a couple on the DX6i.. but see the rest too!

X6i part 1
Blade 400 3D DX6i PT1 (8 min 37 sec)

DX6i part 2
Blade 400 3D DX6i PT2 (9 min 6 sec)
Old 12-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Bob,
My name is Cheryl and of course I am a newb...lol. Anyway I got into the hobby by shear chance. My son had a cheap heli from walmart(need I say more?). Anyway being new to the hobby I bought a walkera 36 from ebay. I didn't know the 36 was a piece of crap and based on an obsolete platform. Having said that I totally rebuilt the heli and it really is very nice. It will be a scale bird. Had I known about the air platform before I spent a fair amount of cash on parts it would have been garbage.
To the real issue. I purchased a dx6i and have several eflite blade heli's that I fly but I really want to put this walkera in the air. I installed the spektrum receiver in it and it is definitely ready to go. Are there any details I might need to know about the dx6i pertaing to flying this heli other than the 90 degree swash. I cannot find any information on it and have searched everywhere. I hope you can help Bob.

Sincerely Cheryl (A damsel in distress!)

I have a picture of the heli in my profile. It is definitely no longer a walkera 36.
Cheryl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome information. Thank you
altereddezignz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2012, 12:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dont forget about the Finless Tech Room.The 101 section may not be specific to your equipment but alot of the info is somewhat generic and can be carrried over to various models radios and helis in general.
HELIFREAK !!!
aerocal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in