Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters

Compass Helicopters Rage RC Hellicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 11:23 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradhunt View Post
RMG2... I will be testing out the 6HV with a CC Ice 80hv today. I'll let you all know how it dose.
George, how did the CC Ice 80HV work out for ya? Did you enable the gov. or just fly curves?
RMG2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2010, 07:23 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question about batteries, and not sure where to place this question.

I'm looking at building a 6HV and wondering how the turnigy 3000mah 20c's will work in this heli for Sport/Light 3D, i.e. a few tic tocs, funnels, hurricanes, loops, rolls, flips, etc.

They are in stock over at HK and wonder how they'll hold up over time or should I shoot for something more in the 30-40c range?

Thanks for any attention to this matter,

Cullen
Cullen Colapietro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2010, 07:26 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

if you are just running the 10t pinion those packs will be perfect. since its 12s the amp draw is very low. so the 20c packs will do you just fine.
Prostarhobby.com
Dave Ketelhut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

And if running the 11 tooth, a higher discharge rate is recommended? With the description of my abilities above, would I even benefit from running 11 tooth?

Cullen
Cullen Colapietro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2010, 08:44 PM   #45 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonseize View Post
And if running the 11 tooth, a higher discharge rate is recommended? With the description of my abilities above, would I even benefit from running 11 tooth?

Cullen
No stick to the 10t and your 20C packs will be fine - be aware that even sports fliers can pull more amps than pros doing hard 3D with hard pitch pumps and stops ! The 10t is fine for sport and light 3D but the 11t does give about 100 more HS - I clocked 2150 at 80% governed flat line on the Jive 80HV+

Last edited by Mercuriell; 04-02-2010 at 12:10 AM..
Mercuriell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2010, 10:07 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriell View Post
No stick to the 10t and your 20C packs will be fine - be aware that even sports fliers can pull more amps than pros doing hard 3D with hard pitch pumps and stops ! The 10t is fine for sport and light 3D but the 11t does give about 100 more HS - I clocked 2150 at 80& flat line on the Jive 80HV+
John, awesome. I'm looking forward to this heli. Seems it's one to grow with. I'm just about 6 months in, w/ some experience in planes. I'm learning quickly and want something to stick with for a while. Have a 500 and am really enjoying it, but want something I can really tear the skies up with. You've really intrigued me with the FBL setup, something to look into once I progress!

Thanks for the vids BTW

Cullen
Old 04-01-2010, 11:55 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yea, i just put the 11t on my 6HV, with the gov it will be prefect for this heli. but i couldn't resist and i tried it at 100 flat and it is just plain stupid. so much fun, but im going set up the governor because i want to get more flight time out of it.
Prostarhobby.com
Dave Ketelhut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2010, 05:27 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

David, I can't speak from any experience because I have only flown curves on my 450 but I have been studying about gov. use for my 6HV (due here tomorrow).

I read a lot of the threads on the TRex 600e forum and from what I can tell the majority of guys over there are flying curves instead of govs. on their 600-class 12S setups. They are showing evidence through data logging that they actuallly get longer flight times on curves and head speed that stays up enough to suit anyone. The primary reason stated for less flight time, from what I read anyway, was that in gov. mode the motor used higher, and more frequent amp spikes to maintain head speed verses flying curves alone.

Will be some weeks, or months down the road but I intend to do some testing on this subject???
Old 04-02-2010, 05:57 AM   #49 (permalink)
HF Support

I've done quite a lot of FDR and tried curves vs gov - you can fly an electric heli very nicely on curves - the mid point doesn't need to be as low as on nitros - I generally go 25% - a good gov is very nice too and gives smooth flying - end of the day it's whatever floats your boat
Old 04-02-2010, 06:11 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriell View Post
I've done quite a lot of FDR and tried curves vs gov - you can fly an electric heli very nicely on curves - the mid point doesn't need to be as low as on nitros - I generally go 25% - a good gov is very nice too and gives smooth flying - end of the day it's whatever floats your boat
John, I have totally no experience with electric govs, so I don't claim any part of what I wrote above as fact, just what I was reading from others.

Six months from now I'll have some opinions based on my own experiences. Always learning in this hobby which is why I enjoy it so much.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in