Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 05:47 PM   #81 (permalink)
HF Support

You can measure it in setup mode right?
ChrisH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2010, 05:48 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I found the changing agility to any value.. then going to setup.. I always got +/- 11º or so... so I just figured it does the cyclic "on the fly" (no pun intended) Especially considering that at different headspeeds.. it's going to have to give very different pitch changes to make it flip and roll at the same rate.

It wouldn't give the same at 1800rpm as 2400rpm for example (on my 550) otherwise the flip rate and roll rate would drastically change like a flybarred heli.. yet is stays just the same with vbar.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:48 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes, but depending on your swash level its not exact enough to check all directions, but it will give you a good idea.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #84 (permalink)
HF Support

Well agility is just like setting piro rate on the tail, can't really measure it. I think I remember having this conversation, and you can only really measure max cyclic.
ChrisH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2010, 05:50 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

exactly. I remember our discussion. And that makes sense.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:54 PM   #86 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

* deleted * (I didn't page down far enough to see that what I said had already been said)
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2010, 02:33 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the videos MrMel.

I flew my mini-v 450v2 Clone today, and was afraid of the first flight, but it did NOT fly into the ground, or do anything weird for that matter.

Then the motor started going intermittent.

I have a spare Hobby City 2215H, that I'll swap in for now.

It flew GREAT, felt like flying a sim, it wasn't wandering all over the place.

And no more cheap, loose fitting clone flybar parts. The clones are now actually not as bad.

With a Futaba receiver at 99, and a decent Spartan Gyro at 130, (I love the spartan), the 269 price of the mini-v, a clone cost the same, and probably flys just about as well, as a real Align.
Trex 600 ESP, Gaui 425
edhall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2010, 12:56 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just wanted to thank Mr. Mel and all that have contributed info to this part of the forum. Today was my first VBar experience on my 600n and thanks to all the info/videos it was amazing! I like to consider myself quite anal about my setup and even the first flight with the VBar was tighter and more locked in than any setup I've ran on my 600. By the end of the day (8 flights) it's absolutely jaw dropping at the stability. I've still got a couple small issues to dial in but I also want to get some more flights in to let my brain adjust to the new feel as I found myself a couple times making corrections out of muscle memory that simply didn't need to be corrected. Thanks again everyone!
nwmtech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2010, 01:44 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks, good feeling isnt it
Old 06-13-2010, 01:53 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Absolutely amazing indeed. You still out of town? If so, would you mind looking at my setup file when you get back just to check and make sure there's nothing that looks out of whack? Thanks.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:59 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes still out of town, will be on and off sporadic next few days but will lood at files when i get back
Old 06-13-2010, 02:11 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great. I'll fly/tune for the rest of the weekend then post it for you to take a look on Monday or Tuesday. Thanks again.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Satellites not binding

I'm using JR Satellites with the VBAR and going through the videos to bind. After starting the process (from selecting model) over a few times, I don't get the blinking light after restarting the VBAR after clicking the bind checkbox. It worked once, but hasn't since. I'm using the Spektrum settings in Step 2.

Any ideas?
Old 06-15-2010, 12:50 AM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

What powersource are you using when binding, RX pack?
Old 06-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm just using an old receiver pack that I've used on bench setup before. I thought that might be a problem, so I recharged it and tried it last night. One of the remote satellites did bind, so maybe that has something to do with it. Although once it did bind, I only had movement of the rudder servo. I then reset it to try to get the other one bound and now I'm back to zero.
You might be onto something here though. Maybe not enough power in the old battery?
Old 06-15-2010, 11:38 PM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had the same issue with DX7. No its not you. The Vbar has issues with binding correctly or running a Gov on it. Binding and setting up Gov's on the sat setup will only cause issues. Just run it through your RX and it will run fine. Ran through hoops trying to figure out what I was doing wrong and found out it was actually Vbar. They said it will be corrected in V5.

Had to learn the hard way. Use RX and patch it through Vbar and fly!!!

Vbar has issues with this...
Jay07 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2010, 11:43 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

I disagree, using a RX pack you should bind fine, its a timing issue (there is really no magic, its a short circut needed for binding)

But Vbar needs a very short powerbreak to make the bind work.

they have updated in v5 so you can use a bindplug in the control panel outlet though, so you dont need to time it.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:22 AM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

You are correct MrMel. I could not get the timing right for it to bind correctly. One would light and the sat would not bind. Sometimes you get lucky and they both bind correctly.

Now with the GOV ordeal.....it is another timing issue. Using the multigov..no problems. Using ATG or Throttle Jockey it would not go into setup mode correctly and had the same timming issues. Then if you Finally get the gov to take into setup mode, the throttle servo will be twitching like it was gettting distortion at mid stick with the TG and twtiching at low stick throttle on the ATG.

Vbar is correcting this in their V5 as they know it is an issue. So in short, it is better to NOT use the sat mode and run things through the RX to avoid the headaches for now in my case. Just did not trust that it bind correctly or if it was going to do anything funky with my govs while in the air. RX and Vbar works great for now.

Just from my experience......
Jay07 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2010, 10:43 AM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gov issues with vbar will be corrected, its actually the govs who have quite bad programming and cant handle signaks overlapping.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:34 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay07 View Post
You are correct MrMel. I could not get the timing right for it to bind correctly. One would light and the sat would not bind. Sometimes you get lucky and they both bind correctly.

Now with the GOV ordeal.....it is another timing issue. Using the multigov..no problems. Using ATG or Throttle Jockey it would not go into setup mode correctly and had the same timming issues. Then if you Finally get the gov to take into setup mode, the throttle servo will be twitching like it was gettting distortion at mid stick with the TG and twtiching at low stick throttle on the ATG.

Vbar is correcting this in their V5 as they know it is an issue. So in short, it is better to NOT use the sat mode and run things through the RX to avoid the headaches for now in my case. Just did not trust that it bind correctly or if it was going to do anything funky with my govs while in the air. RX and Vbar works great for now.

Just from my experience......
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMel View Post
Gov issues with vbar will be corrected, its actually the govs who have quite bad programming and cant handle signaks overlapping.
MrMel and Jay,

Just so that I'm completely clear about what's being said...

I was planning on running a Sat-Ready V-Bar along with an Align governor on my new 700N build.

Is it worth it for me to even attempt to make this setup work or should I just forget it and run an AR7000 while we wait for the V5.0 update?

Thanks for the help!
Justin Pucci is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in