Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Hitec Radios

Hitec Radios Hitec Radios Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pitch curve setting on Aurora 9

Anyone know how to set the pitch curve in the Aurora 9? I'm confused because I don't know where to set negative values for the pitch. I thought it's under ACC but that value stays the same when i move the stick through the graph. and yes i'm a noob......
Navalaircrewman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2010, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navalaircrewman View Post
Anyone know how to set the pitch curve in the Aurora 9? I'm confused because I don't know where to set negative values for the pitch. I thought it's under ACC but that value stays the same when i move the stick through the graph. and yes i'm a noob......
it will not show a negative value. you use your pitch gauge in combination with adjusting middle point to achieve 0 degrees and than lets say plus 10 at top and neg 10 on bottom and than you can go back and change percentages to change lets say minus 2 on bottom.

"Just needed to read the instructions"
dwoodworker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

WOW.........I'm confused for sure......I'm sorry.
Navalaircrewman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2010, 06:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navalaircrewman View Post
WOW.........I'm confused for sure......I'm sorry.
No need to be sorry. Watch the CCPM videos and the video of Pitch and Throttle curves from this section : https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692

RC Heli Lounge on Discord : https://discord.gg/92HmhxWK
Tjomp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2010, 09:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can you explain it a bit more detailed...i cant understand
krazyloads is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dude, you need to watch CCPM setups Part 1 & 2 in Tjomp's link! (Watch all of it at least 5 times so you understand what you need to do to get your mechanical setup of the 450 right!)

You will need a pitch gauge, so get yourself one of these as it is an important element in building CCPM heli's.

Once you have setup your heli with 50% throttle, to centre your servo arms, this should give you 0 degrees pitch. 100% throttle = positive pitch and 0% throttle = negative pitch, got it?

So a linear graph on the A9 starting from bottom left hand corner to top right hand corner is:

-12, 0, +12 degrees pitch.

The TX is only a device to customise your MECHANICAL pitch settings, so watch BOB's videos carefully!

Good luck.

G.
g-bru is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2010, 10:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The graph that gets displayed is 0-100. 0=stick all the way down 50= mid stick and 100=stick at the top.

Before even setting up your pitch curves in the radio you need to make sure you have established a good mechanical setup.. I.e mid stick = 0 deg pitch, and full negative and positive pitch are equal. i.e. -12deg/+12deg..

Once the mechanical setup is correct, then you can change the default linear pitch 'curve' to meet your pitch requirements.

As already mentioned watch the CCPM setup videos, as they will give you all the information you require to do the mechanical and radio setup.

http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=...CPM_Part_1.wmv
http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=...CPM_Part_2.wmv

You might want to check out the rest of the 101 video series too:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=52530
Geffect is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2019, 03:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Can I change pitch on the fly to fixed values for non-3D flights? On other transmitters which have a cylindrical dial you can rotate let's say between 1 and 9 and adjust the angle of your blades on the go. On the Aurora 9 there is no cylindric dial like that.
user26363 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019, 03:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by user26363 View Post
Can I change pitch on the fly to fixed values for non-3D flights? On other transmitters which have a cylindrical dial you can rotate let's say between 1 and 9 and adjust the angle of your blades on the go. On the Aurora 9 there is no cylindric dial like that.
Interesting question. Do you want to fly with fixed pitch?
You can create several flight conditions and assign them to switches. Each flight condition can have a flat pitch curve set to your prefered value.

If you want to do it more traditional, you can have a regular pitch curve and set an adjust function on it. This will act like a subtrim on your pitch curve.
Check out "Adjusts function switch set-up" in your manual.

RC Heli Lounge on Discord : https://discord.gg/92HmhxWK
Tjomp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in