Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 08:11 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

NICK: Yes, the 4in1s gain should bee turned down to zero when adding an external gyro since its no longer used. Wont solve your problem but its standard procedure anyways.

The electric TM is what makes everything so crazy. It needs the MIXER part of the 4in1 to coordinate with the MM so if your Spectrumized I THINK you have to go into REVO MIX and play around.

When people go the GURU Z route the heli uses a belt so theres no crappy ETM, that makes things straight forward since it uses a tail servo. Sorry I cant help further.
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2010, 11:13 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Don View Post
Hi Viet-Lama, I have two questions about adding an external gyro. I've added a Spektrum AR6110e to my Bee V2 and I have a spare Common Sense G-4000 gyro that I'd like to put to use.

Since I've already done the Spektrum conversion which includes separate leads for the main and tail motors from the 4-in-1 plugged directly into the receiver. All I should have to do is unplug the tail motor lead from the receiver and plug it into the gyro, then plug the gyro into the Rudder and Gear channels on the receiver. Is that correct?

Second, do I need to 'override' the internal gyro in the 4-in-1? If not, I'm thinking the two gyros would 'fight' each other resulting in what Nick is describing.

Thanks!

Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet-Lama View Post
If your running a seperate 6ch RX on a bee everything changes. I have no experience with that other then full seperates on my Trex 450s. (with full seperates the rudder servo plugs into the gyro and the gyro plugs into RUDD of the RX, the gyro gain lead then plugs into GEAR) If you were running without a external gyro before that means you were using the 4in1s gyro. Remember setup is different and the TM throws off the settings. I know throttle goes to AUX1 instead of THROTTLE , theres other quarks too, maybe CHIP or HH could help you.
I have never tried to use a external gyro on the Bee and I don’t own a spectrum radio… so I really can’t help, but I do have a cheap Hobby King HK-7x that I use with my HK 250 and I have a couple extra receivers plus I also have a extra CP3 3in1 and a Turnigy 302 gyro that I could try and see what I come up with. This setup might be similar to the spectrum setup…
Old 07-13-2010, 11:20 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hankster.

I would be very interested in how that conversion works out! Would be a great cheap fix for my on and off again problems with my wonderful Esky electronics.
Chris Arena is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2010, 11:54 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Chris
I already have the radio, 3in1 and gyro, so it not costing me anything to try. But if you were to buy these new…it would cost more than replacing the stock 4in1. It might not be the best solution to your problem. You had mentioned that you were going to buy a cp3 3in1...have you received it yet?
Old 07-13-2010, 06:55 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

No Not yet. I have ordered a DD cp3 tail motor and kit from Heliguy 3 weeks ago, and today, as it hasn't arrived yet tried tracking to find it. The response was that it was already delivered.....IN THE NETHERLANDS! So I am expectin hell to freeze over before this mess gets straightned out. Anyway, I just got a FREE King2 minus electrics along with a whole bunch of spare parts, and am now looking to get one of those cheapy Turnique radios for it as I have heard nothing but positive results from it. Then, I can also program my FP V2 into it as well. In this way I will be completely ESKYLESS as far as electronics go.
Chris Arena is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2010, 07:18 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Chris
I totally understand…The luck that you are having with Esky electronics…I would want to replace them too. Getting the king2 for free is awesome and I hope you have better luck with the King2 than I’ve having with it.

I did put the receiver,3in1 and gyro on my Bee today. I still have some fine tuning, but I think this setup might work. I did take some pictures that I will post at a later date, but here is a video of the test flight

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PELMsAFn5gk[/ame]
Old 07-13-2010, 10:49 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi HELIHANKSTER,

Looks very promising! I assume the 3-in-1 you used is has a speed control, mixer and gyro. If that's the case, did you need to adjust the internal gyro pots to zero?

Based on what I saw in my test, it looked like the tail motor may have been receiving confilcting signals hence the pulsing I observed. I probably should have just turned the pots down on mine, but didn't want to mess up my current setup if it didin't work out.

Don
Digital Don is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2010, 10:56 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

GREAT WORK HH ! Looks like your Pro Pot /gain needs tuning but shes working just fine

Are you retired Hank? You said, "Im going to do this this and this" then all of a sudden BAM! There it is!
Old 07-14-2010, 05:47 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi HELIHANKSTER,

Looks very promising! I assume the 3-in-1 you used is has a speed control, mixer and gyro. If that's the case, did you need to adjust the internal gyro pots to zero?

Based on what I saw in my test, it looked like the tail motor may have been receiving confilcting signals hence the pulsing I observed. I probably should have just turned the pots down on mine, but didn't want to mess up my current setup if it didin't work out.

Don
Hi Don

Yes the Cp3 3in1 has the speed control, mixer and built-in gyro. I did set the internal gyro to zero. I had read a few threads on an external gyro setup and everyone seem to say that the internal gyro needs to be set to zero and only certain gyros will work with electric tail motors.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:57 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet-Lama View Post
GREAT WORK HH ! Looks like your Pro Pot /gain needs tuning but shes working just fine

Are you retired Hank? You said, "Im going to do this this and this" then all of a sudden BAM! There it is!
VL I had to take off from work yesterday because my internet has been out at my house for a few days and I need to be there to let the cable guy in. Since I was off I figure I would try the gyro setup.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:24 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried my spektrumized Bee with the 4in1 gain turned down to zero and the Align gyro plugged in, but still no joy.

I think Ill wait until Im ready to do the full motor mod and get the brushed esc before I try again.

Thanks for the support all.

Nick
nickyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2010, 07:20 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

So has anyone done this mod successfully on a V2?

I'm having issues getting it to work. The tail motor isn't spinning very fast.

The gyro doesn't seem to intialize, the light just stays blinking the whole time, never goes solid.

Well I got the gyro to intialize, but only by plugging it into channel 6 of the 4 in 1, channel 5 didnt work.

Last edited by The OriginalTwoTone; 07-19-2010 at 09:53 PM..
The OriginalTwoTone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2010, 07:22 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Here's an update.

I tried adding Common Sense external gyro to my Bee. Everything seemed OK and I got the ready light on the gyro. However, when I spun it up, the tail motor was 'pulsing' like I was flicking the rudder stick. Adjustments on the gyro or transmitter didn't make any difference.

It was unflyable, so I just went back to the original setup. Oh, well...

Don
hi Don,i experienced the same pulsing tm,but suprisingly the mm was also pulsing.I have the e-sky 407b hh gyro ,e-sky 4in1 receiver and the cp3 3in1.I have tried nearly all the combinations.I even opened the gyros case and checked to see everythings in place.The pulsing starts as soon as i give a bit of throtle.MM and the tail motor spins-stops-spins-stops......I thought the cheap e-sky gyro(12$ from ebay) caused the problems and ordered hk 402 gyro from hobbyking for 13$(advertised to be identical to align 402 gyro,stiill waiting for the order).I think even if we turn the gyro gain on the 4in1 to 0 it still sends signals which then conflicts with the external gyro.In fact we dont bypass the internal gyro,its still there physically and fights against the external gyro in parallel.

Maybe the bee is trying to tell us something like'' man i had enough mods, what do u think i am, i am an ordinary 100 bucks heli, you have to pay more if you want more, gimme my esky parts back, let me just fly in slow circles as i am supposed to.... now find me a calm large place ''
Old 09-06-2010, 08:37 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

The blade cp pro user manual confused me more then ever !!!!!!!!

Its exactly the same build if u have a seperate 3in1 .
what it says
''In order to ensure proper operation and the best possible performance of the heading lock gyro,it will be necessary to disable the standard rate gyro and mixer in the 3-in-1 control unit. This is accomplished by turning the proportional mix trimmer pot on the 3-in-1 to the lowest, most counterclockwise position (-). No adjustment of the gyro gain trimmer pot on the 3-in-1 control unit is necessary.''(picture 1 below)

So now.. Viet help me out!!!!

The complete manual :
http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...Pro_Manual.pdf

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mixer.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	178344   Click image for larger version

Name:	gyro.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	178345  

Last edited by atilla; 09-07-2010 at 02:15 AM..
atilla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 12:59 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You cant turn the pro pot all the way down, the heli will just piro CCW! You turn the 4in1s / 3in1s GAIN all the way down and adjust the proportion according to my tutorial. You will also of course be adjusting the new external gyros gain.
They reversed the language of the two potentometers.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:27 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

A note for all: hobbyking 401b gyro doesnt work with the v2 ,gyro never initialize,as i read more(from the align manual) i found out that the gyro needs the signal from the transmitter to initialize first at rated mode than u can change to hh mode(avcs).Nothing changed if i connected the signal cable to the empty channel 5.So im sparing it for a further 450 build
Old 09-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
A note for all: hobbyking 401b gyro doesnt work with the v2 ,gyro never initialize,as i read more(from the align manual) i found out that the gyro needs the signal from the transmitter to initialize first at rated mode than u can change to hh mode(avcs).Nothing changed if i connected the signal cable to the empty channel 5.So im sparing it for a further 450 build
Do you have a Bee V2?

If so I had to add a switch to allow the 4 in 1 to initialize first, then turn on the switch for the gyro to initialize. This is for the very gyro in this thread that works without the switch on the V1
The OriginalTwoTone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2010, 02:44 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

thats interesting .i will give it a try but where did u put the switch exactly and what kinda switch? I think your switch bypasses the gyro first.I would be really happy if that works man.I already bought 2 gyros(hk 401 and e-sky 402b) for this purpose and none of them works so i gave up trying.The unusual thing is ,the 3in1 initialize the led turns solid green but the red led continues flashing in the green led,shows some kind of error i guess.

i will be pleased if u can just take a photo of your current setup,thanks..
ah yes i have a v2
Old 09-24-2010, 08:25 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, as TOTT said you need a "servo switch". All you do is flip the switch to initialize the gyro AFTER the 4in1 initializes. Problem is the V2s 4in1 takes like 20+ seconds to initialize which is way after the gyro does. The V1s 4in1 would initialize in like 4 seconds.

Sorry dont have time to find that servo switch but it can bee found at BPHOBBIES and I think The King also.

This does work because I guided at least 4 people to this fix and it worked perfect for all of them.
If someone does a tutorial we can add it to my thread. Its simple, just a switch.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:16 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll try and get a pic as soon as I can. I will say this, I may have done it wrong. Viet_lama was helping me, but the only way I could get it to work was with 2 switches.

I'll get something together for you as soon as I have time- at work now.

Heres the switch I ended up getting
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in