Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > RC Helicopter Flight School

RC Helicopter Flight School Instructional Flying Tips, Tricks, Videos, and Q&A

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Of all the stuff to hit back there, that is one I have not! just off screen to the right is a small citrus tree, I hit that with my 250 today minimal damage, I broke the tail fin when it fell out of the tree?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Glad this thread got started though kicking myself for taking so long to find it. Here's my entry from a few weeks ago in the thread we started in the 500 forum. I have serious work to do on the slow piros and still need more practice all around.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH0sIVWrfx0[/ame]
Old 11-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

no wind today, it will be the first time i have flown my 500 in a no wind situation, no camera man today but i will let you all know how it goes. hopefully good. i think the slow pyros are going to get me

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

i had ago at this the other day,it's hard!!!!! but i like it!
Futaba 8FG
JAG1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 04:50 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

it went well besides the fact that i forgot to do the slow pyro's lol

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #66 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Larry,

Do you have to fight the heli from wanting to climb at that particular area? Looks like you have a great spot if you ever wanted to do some slope soaring.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:39 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
Larry,

Do you have to fight the heli from wanting to climb at that particular area? Looks like you have a great spot if you ever wanted to do some slope soaring.
I only fight it to keep it from crashing.

I love my field. Or whose ever it is. It's just a field behind the house that's like a community field. Quad trails, dog walking trails, kids sledding in the winter, etc. 99.9% of the time I have it to myself.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:13 AM   #68 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Everytime I see a flying area with a beautiful background, seems it's always in Canada.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:06 AM   #69 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Wow guys! I am impressed and good job by all submitters!
Chakotay, no worries about altitude, the point of the exercise is showing orientation skills. Pitch control comes later . GOOD JOB!

Andyzboy, RaZa, larry227, im4711 good job guys! I LOVE seeing orientation skillz rather than stick banging coming from skillz learned on the sim. Trust me... I know at LEAST 3 guys out here in my area that can piroflip decent but CANT do this! They need to eat some CROW watching you guys

Richard (Ak Med ) I expected more buddy..... HA! Just kidding you man... Good job you OLD man! I knew you had it in you! Now can you teach some of the young stick banger kids in your area to do that?

snjbird, I expected no less from you buddy! When you flipped it inverted I was watching for the same routine inverted! I was going to be super impressed... So what happened?

Remember, this is not a contest... I am not picking a winner.... This is about showing and working on orientation skillz and NOT being the "club stick banger"!

What you guys did by showing your BALLS, is showed you are taking the time to be at the proper level. Anyone else doing 3D flying that CANT do this, sorry... NO BALLS!!!

Anyway, AWESOME to all that submitted... Yes there will be another challenge soon but I want this to run a while. We all know there are guys here on the freak that have been "talking the talk" but haven't showed yet TIME to man up guys

FYI, sorry for not being around the last few days. I have been in Windows INSTALL HELL as I got a new SSD hard drive and it turned out to be defective new. My PC just came back up after restoring from backup! BUT again... WOW... after coming back online and seeing you guys show some NUTS.... good job to you all!

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Welcome back Bob!

I always hated the kid in class who read ahead and made the rest of us look bad! I should have just landed without the flip, I flew for another minute and did a small auto but I was exceeding the mandate of "the challenge" so I cut that bit out.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:25 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry227 View Post
I only fight it to keep it from crashing.

I love my field. Or whose ever it is. It's just a field behind the house that's like a community field. Quad trails, dog walking trails, kids sledding in the winter, etc. 99.9% of the time I have it to myself.
Very nice, you must be the happiest man on earth (if you're not married of course )
HeliBenj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2010, 07:17 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Bob -> it is as it is my son and I are trying the basics every time we go to the field. He is way more up to the game than I. I just think us older guys take a bit longer.
He can do some nice pyro flips too (I am far away from that). However basic orientation comes in handy to avoid crashing the heli if the wind screws you up or if it simply comes out of a maneuver unexpected.
Most of the folks at our field work on basics first.
im4711 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i just got a verry poor attempt on film and i will have it posted up shortly, i have 3 factors, i added extra expo and it was feeling sluggish, its about 25 degreese out side and i was freezing and it was making my uncomfortable doing this in my small yard. every time i tried to go nose left i freak out and pulled out of it.

but i will have my lousy attempt up shortly, usually i do better than this. but i am going to post it up any ways,.. might be a while till it uploads.

spot reserved for video

Old 11-06-2010, 10:14 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It is actually worse than I excepted... I did it better with flybar ....
Expo (2 pot) at maximum on the BeastX.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsNuWKZjjYE[/ame]
eDeK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #75 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Looks pretty damn good to me eDek
I would have liked to have seen a bit slower piro but good job!

Bob

Last edited by Finless; 11-06-2010 at 08:42 PM..
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2010, 12:33 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Loohs pretty damn good to me eDek
I would have liked to have seena bit slower piro but good job!

Bob
i agree that looked great now here is mine this is my worst attempt so far but like i said its the one i have on video. it's quite scary flying in the front yard but it is also helpfull, do it right or hit a tree lol. i just posted the last try at this cus it takes for ever to upload, just this short clip took 3 hours.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wUFufocgvI[/ame]

Old 11-06-2010, 01:59 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hehe,thanks guys. I will mybe try do it better...

BTW,nice try dannylightning and I love you flying space. I'd love to have the same near my house :/
eDeK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default we doing the taping bad

dudes i think that for this challenge to be acepted it must be with the pilot on the frame .cause maybe some one here its walking arround the heli and geting extra points for tail in hover....
any way also with the pilot on the frame can be cheat it with other guy on the radio ...

carpo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

"dudes i think that for this challenge to be acepted it must be with the pilot on the frame .cause maybe some one here its walking arround the heli and geting extra points for tail in hover....
any way also with the pilot on the frame can be cheat it with other guy on the radio ..."

Actually, that made me think of something.

Maybe the next challenge should be the old "Pilot Promenade" from the AMA Expert routine.

The helicopter is hovered stationary over a landing pad and the pilot walks around it.

Difficult to do.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

thanks eDEK, the area is a bit small for me, this was my first season flying so i like to have a lot of room or i get really freaked out.. to me this is hardly any room. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpo View Post
dudes i think that for this challenge to be acepted it must be with the pilot on the frame .cause maybe some one here its walking arround the heli and geting extra points for tail in hover....
any way also with the pilot on the frame can be cheat it with other guy on the radio ...
what, pilot on the frame ???????..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
"dudes i think that for this challenge to be acepted it must be with the pilot on the frame .cause maybe some one here its walking arround the heli and geting extra points for tail in hover....
any way also with the pilot on the frame can be cheat it with other guy on the radio ..."

Actually, that made me think of something.

Maybe the next challenge should be the old "Pilot Promenade" from the AMA Expert routine.

The helicopter is hovered stationary over a landing pad and the pilot walks around it.

Difficult to do.
that sounds crazy.

if any one is cheating they are only hurting their self. sure they could walk around the heli and be hovering tail in the whole time but so what, this is a challange to better your flying abilities. if you cheat your just cheating your self and it does not matter, there is no winner or prize besides you will become a better pilot if you can do this..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in