Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Airtronics Radios > Airtronics Servos

Airtronics Servos Airtronics Servo Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Anyone using airtronics 94758z cyclic?

What is everyone's thoughts on airtronics..I havent had much use with airtronics...
PyroM!KE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

very fast servos
people have used them on 90 sized nitros

don't see them around much anymore as other brands have overshadowed airtronics, but IMO they are good servos

I think the main negative against them now is price compared to alternatives.

For instance, for about $25 cheaper you can get the Align DS620's, which probably beat them in specs.

For about the same price, maybe a wee bit more you can get Futaba BLS451's, which are my favorite servo I've used so far. The InnoLab servos are getting pretty good reviews, are a bit more$ than the Aligns, but seem to be worth it. Right now there are ALOT of choices in the $70-100 range and when the Airtronics are $90-100 new, alot of people will jump to something newer and "fresher". I say that b/c people will talk more about what's new versus older tried and true alternatives. I know I fall into that trap of wanting the latest and greatest hehe!
Scorpion Power Systems/Batteries
Spartan RC
John Cook is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2009, 02:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
sd0
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am using them on my Trex600N, and I love them, very fast, very precise, but I don't have anything to compare to because this is my first 50. They are a little power hungry though, I have them on swash and throttle, with a SolidG/BLS251 on the tail, and I use about 450mAh for each 8 minute flight.
sd0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2009, 10:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

758's are solid, fast servos and the price is right. One of the benefits of these servos is ATX service in CA can fix the servos and won't give you a hassle about doing it. Everything is replaceable in the servo, the motor, the amp, the cases, the pot, everything. I've sent them in dead as a doornail and they get fixed and back to me as good as new. Take a look at Alan Szabo's "At the lake" video and he is flying these servos in his Raptor 90 with a Stylus radio and at the time of that video had around 1.5 years of use out of that particular set.

The new 773 servos that replaces the 758's are even better.

TM
TMoore is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Airtronics 758's

I have been using them for at least 6 years with great success. I switched to airtronics when I realized the futaba servos were disposable (cannot be repaired). I have needed to send in only one of my 12 758's over the years, and the service department was able to repair my 758. I stopped buying futaba servos after that point.

I have used them on the following:

Hirobo Freya 70
Hirobo Freya 90
Hirobo Xspec
Hirobo Sceadu Evo 50
Compass Knight 3D x2
and even a Hangar 9 Funtana 90 airplane

I have recently decided to buy some 94771's for my T-rex 700. I hear they are even better!!

Tyler
Tyler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2009, 09:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you liked the 94758 servo, try the new 94771 servo. The servo's specs aren't listed quite as fast as the 94758, but they feel faster in flight than the 758's and they have a much better feel. I am running these in my T-Rex 700 on 6.1V and loving them.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree with Jeff, the 771's are great servos and actually feel slightly better than the 758's. I have them on a Turbulence and an SDX and like the feel and the speed.

TM
Old 05-19-2009, 01:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
sd0
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I do have a question, what is the spline count on the ATX servos, I'm using 758's in a Trex 600N. I used the arms that came with the servos but the holes don't give a perfect alignment to the bellcranks. If I wanted to use the Align or QuickUK servo wheels do any of them fit right, if so which one do I order, Futaba/Hitec/JR? Or do none of them fit?

Thankyou, sd0.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

ATX and JR are fully compatible.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
sd0
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thankyou TMoore, I will order some this weekend.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 94771

I have been using these servos in my T700 and have been quite pleased. They are very fast and center well. I am amazed how smooth they are, too.

With the release of the newest HV series, I am going to give high voltage a try soon. Nothing wrong with my 94771's, but I just can't help wondering if our helis would fly better with at least twice the power. I bet the improvement will be noticeable.

Tyler
Old 12-02-2010, 07:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
I have been using these servos in my T700 and have been quite pleased. They are very fast and center well. I am amazed how smooth they are, too.

With the release of the newest HV series, I am going to give high voltage a try soon. Nothing wrong with my 94771's, but I just can't help wondering if our helis would fly better with at least twice the power. I bet the improvement will be noticeable.

Tyler
"With at least twice the power": What do you mean by that?
3Dmuse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Airtronics 94771 servos are rated for 103 oz at 6v.

The Airtronics 94910 servos are rated for 285 oz at 7.4v: true HV 2s lipo servos.

That is an additional 182 oz of torque with the newer servos. Yep 182 oz above and beyond what I already have available with my 94771's. That equates to nearly three times the power PER SERVO!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in