Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 10:36 PM   #601 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default governor set-up

Bob, i try your set-up using gy701 its ok, exactly the same as the gv1.
But with regards to the idle-up curved that you have set-up which is 100-50-100 same as idle-up 2. I set the normal rpm to 1700 s1 to 1800 and s2 to 1900.
Is the trottle curve that was set will not affect the rpm. since the trottle servo will follow the set-up curve?

jogace

jogarce is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 10:46 PM   #602 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Correct... except that if you see the heli come of the gov, 70 in the middle maybe too low. Jump that to 80 if you see that. But you are correct in what your asking.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 03:48 AM   #603 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob,

you mean that when then governor takes over the servo will not follow the trottle curve assigned?

jogarce
Old 04-01-2011, 03:58 AM   #604 (permalink)
Registered Users

bob where i can buy the tools that use when you balance your ingine fan?
My tx is dx7 and i have 10 rx for that and planning to buy dx8. is the rx that i have compatible to dx8?
Old 04-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #605 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogarce View Post
Bob,
you mean that when then governor takes over the servo will not follow the trottle curve assigned?
jogarce
Depends on the governor. The more "active" the governor is the more the curve will "guide" it. This is why the Curtis ATG has a "active mode" where with that on the curve will play a larger part in guiding the governor. But really the idea is your telling a gov to hold a certain RPM. What the curve does is help the gov in realizing there is a change happening and this helps it react faster. But it is not really following the curve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogarce View Post
bob where i can buy the tools that use when you balance your ingine fan?
My tx is dx7 and i have 10 rx for that and planning to buy dx8. is the rx that i have compatible to dx8?
That is called a high point balancer. Google search that exact name and you will find much info and many possibly different places to buy it. I am not sure they make it anymore or not. I have had mine since 1982.

Sorry what RX do you have? model #?
If it is a 10 channel then realize you can only use 7 with the DX7 and 8 with the DX8. You cant use all 10 channels. Also DSM2 RX's are compatible with DSMX radios. They made the DX8 downward compatible.

Bob
Old 04-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #606 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dubro Tru-Spin Prop Balancer
Same as the old High Point just a slightly different design. About $40.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:36 AM   #607 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Thanks hoot!

Bob
Old 04-01-2011, 08:52 PM   #608 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Depends on the governor. The more "active" the governor is the more the curve will "guide" it. This is why the Curtis ATG has a "active mode" where with that on the curve will play a larger part in guiding the governor. But really the idea is your telling a gov to hold a certain RPM. What the curve does is help the gov in realizing there is a change happening and this helps it react faster. But it is not really following the curve.

That is called a high point balancer. Google search that exact name and you will find much info and many possibly different places to buy it. I am not sure they make it anymore or not. I have had mine since 1982.

Sorry what RX do you have? model #?
If it is a 10 channel then realize you can only use 7 with the DX7 and 8 with the DX8. You cant use all 10 channels. Also DSM2 RX's are compatible with DSMX radios. They made the DX8 downward compatible.

Bob
Bob, these are my reciever spectrum AR7000, AR6200,AR6100e & AR6100 DSM2 are these reciever can be use if i buy the DX8.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:03 AM   #609 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob,Im using my thum to control my transmitter stick is it ok?Jogarce
Old 05-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #610 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default gv 1 delay?

should the gv 1 have delay going from idle 2 to idle 1 or normal mode? i had this happen in my airskipper 50 and came very close to crashing because of it. i stopped useing governors all together after that, but now i have the 701 with governor and want to find out for sure if it was normal or something i did wrong with the programing.
miniature aircraft stratus 90 , trex 700n, trx600n, trex 450 pro
russitano is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #611 (permalink)
Registered Users

why can i not down load or see the vidos of the t rex 600 pro build
Old 05-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #612 (permalink)
Registered Users

they work for me
Old 07-16-2011, 11:51 PM   #613 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys, I was wondering if any one can help me. I have purchased the trex 600 3g combo kit and i'm busy installing it as per Rob's videos. I have one question though. I recieved 3 bearing blocks of which two of them are metal. The metal ones have align writing on one side. In the user manual it looks like the top bearing has to be installed with the align writing facing upwards and the middel bearing the align writing has to be installed down wards. Can some one please help me out??
wblombard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #614 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by wblombard View Post
Hey guys, I was wondering if any one can help me. I have purchased the trex 600 3g combo kit and i'm busy installing it as per Rob's videos. I have one question though. I recieved 3 bearing blocks of which two of them are metal. The metal ones have align writing on one side. In the user manual it looks like the top bearing has to be installed with the align writing facing upwards and the middel bearing the align writing has to be installed down wards. Can some one please help me out??
The top bearing needs to have the writing facing up, the middle bearing with the writing facing down. The writing is on the bearing retaining rings, which aren't intended to be subjected to high loads.

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=31
Old 07-18-2011, 05:06 AM   #615 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks so much Bob!!!! Luckly i did it that way.....Due to this being the first heli i'm building my self i dd not know what shoe goop was...i assumed it was greace. Now my other question, you placed shoe goop on the bottom bearing and on the cluch enclosure....and i put a small amount of "greace"......is it needed for me to dismatel everything and fix that up or can i leave it......the question is would you dismatel everything again just to go do that....... your videos are a life saver...thank you!!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 05:10 AM   #616 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oooh the other thing..... is CA (super glue) suffiecient?
Old 07-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #617 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

You should not have to use shoe goop or CA to secure the bearings into the metal bearing blocks. Only use goo on plastic bearing blocks. Some people like to use green locktite to secure bearings into metal bearing blocks but in my opinion that is optional unless the bearings easily comes out of the bearing block then for sure use green locktite.

Bob
Old 08-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #618 (permalink)

Default Finless bob question

Hi finless u r so helpful but im new to nitro helis i have a trex 600nle and i was looking for a governor that does not use a channel because i have a dx6i and some members at my club said i dont need a chanel for a governor for sum of them cause i have a dx6i and i dont want to upgrade to a dx7s or the new dx8 PLEASE RESPOND ANYONE AS SOON AS U CAN THANKS:dontkno w
AddictionX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #619 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Your ONLY choice is a gov that can be set by a programmer or a PC. Like the Multigov or the Curtis gov. I have to tell you that it sucks not to have control from the radio. If your going to nitro might be time to upgrade your radio. BUT with that said, you can at least with those gov's get one governed head speed.

Bob
Old 09-16-2011, 04:53 AM   #620 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am building a 600 nitro sport with the belt on the tail and a plastic case. When I put the bell crank on that connects to the tail slider the bell crank is hitting the tail case(where the lock nut is) when the bell crank is moving towards the rear. It seems the tail case can only go on one way what am I missing? I have looked at the 600E videos and I don't see that there was a problem there. Did Align have a problem with some of their tail cases? If I set the tail slider in the center of the tail shaft I get 2.5 times the travel when the slider is moving away from the blades as opposed to towards the blades. I am stumped. By the way the build videos are awesome saved me alot of heartache. Thanks again.
Kimono12 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in