V3 settings for Trex 450 and 550? - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default V3 settings for Trex 450 and 550?

Can anyone share their settings. I am getting it dialed in better, but I would like to see what is working for others.

I am running Hitec 5065s and a BLS257 on the 450 Pro. Stock 325 3G blades and governed at 3250rpm.

My 550e is running stock DS610 cyclics and a DS650 tail, Edge 553 blades, and governed at 2200 rpm.

I also am using a DX8 TX.

I appreciate any help!
Roblucky13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2011, 09:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

On my 450 pro which is almost identical setup as yours (same everything but slightly higer head speed) I basically have my 3 pot dials dead center (the first dial rotor head gain is turned down maybe 1 hour).

The most important thing with your setup is that if you are running the stock align grips you need to go all the way in on the servo horns (on a hitec 5065) to get the resolution where the ubeast likes it (blue light 6 degrees cyclic step). If you are using the rjx head you may need to be on the second hole out on the servo horn as the grips on the rjx head are placed uber far out. The rjx head gains more resolution (mechanical resolution) at the grip vs the align grip.

The step where you setup cyclic limit I max that out and ignore the minimal binding at the extremes of collective and cyclic. This ensures maximum cyclic (for your given mechanical setup) for 3D, if 3D aint your bag go ahead and dial out the binding.

I strongly recomend running in radio setup mode as this allows you to tailor piro rate, cyclic speed, and expo to exactly how you like and not be limited to the beasts preprogrammed setups (not that they are bad but why limit yourself). I think I am around 105-110 on aileron and elevator for cyclic travel values (don't exceed 110% as that just tends to add deadband at cyclic extremes and won't flip or roll any faster. Piro speed is up to you I think I am close to 90. I run 35% expo on rudder and 25% on cyclic. This is all personal preference stuff but this works very well for me.

The new v3 features are great especially if you are into 3D. I set the pitch boost and cyclic response to solid red lights and have been very happy with that. The more you dial in cyclic response the more you may end up having to add a few more points to expo to help with subtle inputs during say hurricanes to keep them looking clean.

Sorry this info is not exactly red light here blue light there but that is pretty basic stuff. The little details are the ones that can get the uBeast to shine

shawn
Shawn Behrens is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2011, 09:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks. I have the servo horns like you said. My 450 flew pretty nice today. Tomorrow I am going to work on the 550
Roblucky13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.