Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Hitec Radios

Hitec Radios Hitec Radios Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
I just had another surprise.
I'm busy converting my fleet to the A9 from Spectrum. Those Optima 6 and 7 receivers are realy big. I was planning on unplugging the Spectrum receiver and replacing them with Optima 7s in the same location. However, there's simply no way to get an Optima 7 inside a 450 Pro, My Spectrum receivers are all inside, but the Optima 7 will not fit, so I need to re-route the wiring outside the frame. I now notice that I should probably have used Minima receivers, but the LHS remained silent about the existence of these, so I have Optima 7's.
For EP heli, it is possible to reduce the bulk of the Optima 6 & 7:
Optima Transceiver - Conversion Lighten 6ch for Indoor & Park-Flyers plus Alternate Light Weight 2.4GHz Antenna.
Hitec "Factory Pilot" Brandon Chitty uses the Optima 7 in his indoor competition Fancy Foam Maxima that weighs 8oz, as well as his 170CC DA powered 42% Aeroworks Yak.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes yes, we all know this. However, brain-farts still do happen.
I suggest you get something for your brain gas, if Model Match was such a big safety issue all new Radio's would have it. There's no substitue for preparation.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do Futaba transmitters have Model Match?
I'm a bit torn in my decision to upgrade my DX6i... seriously considering the DX8, x9503, or Hitec A9.
A9 seems to be the price/performance leader. If I were to get an A9, I don't know how much I'd miss Spektrum compatibility (all of the new Bind aNd Fly models available for Spektrum at my LHS... and 90% of models being sold here as BNF seem to be for Spektrum).
Sambonator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 01:51 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Futaba does not have model match. Only Spectrum and Airtronics do. The new XPS Tx will have something better, if it ever sees the light of day. Intelligent model switching, the tx will detect which model is powered up and automatically switch to that model.

Why not keep the DX6i for BNF, parkflyers and the sim, and get the A9 for your serious flying.

Craig
Adventurer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 02:05 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz From Brum View Post
I suggest you get something for your brain gas, if Model Match was such a big safety issue all new Radio's would have it. There's no substitue for preparation.
Brain gas aside, the reason that all radios don't have it is because Spectrum patented it.

BTW did I say that I hate intellectual patents with a passion.
Adventurer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Brain gas aside, the reason that all radios don't have it is because Spectrum patented it.

BTW did I say that I hate intellectual patents with a passion.
Likewise, its not as if they've reinvented the TX, its a safety feature and should be shared (although I think it should be selectable on radio's rather than default).

I like the XPS idea more than the model match idea... but being an old git still think its down to the pilot to ensure all is well before switchin on or starting up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in