Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK, I made the 3 up, 1 down adjustment and it flys and turns left like all my other helis. But........won't hover without a lot of left aileron. Heli is bone stock, TX is DX4e, trims set to middle, did rebinding after adjustments, and I'm a newbie. Any ideas?
TKhelipops is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My msrx is being shipped and I should have it Friday or Monday. Is this mod recommended out of the box before it's flown?

Also I see a couple of mentions about a grommet mod on linkages, can someone link to that mod? I didn't so one in this thread.

Thanks!
kfrisbee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKhelipops View Post
OK, I made the 3 up, 1 down adjustment and it flys and turns left like all my other helis. But........won't hover without a lot of left aileron. Heli is bone stock, TX is DX4e, trims set to middle, did rebinding after adjustments, and I'm a newbie. Any ideas?
That's very odd, whatever I did to the links had no effect on the hover, only the piro and take off

Does it still do it if you get about 4 feet up and not near walls, ideally indoor so there are no drafts?

Mine will drift from time to time, a quick prod on the sticks gets it back
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrisbee View Post
My msrx is being shipped and I should have it Friday or Monday. Is this mod recommended out of the box before it's flown?

Also I see a couple of mentions about a grommet mod on linkages, can someone link to that mod? I didn't so one in this thread.

Thanks!
Try flying it first, the main aim for this mod is to help with piros during hover

If you get it into a stable hover and turn the rudder, if it shoots off, you may want to adjust the links, if it just drifts a little I wouldn't worry
Old 01-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, I'm indoors. I forgot to mention that I do have the swash on the short connectors and grommets on the ball links. I backed off to two down turns on the arm and that helped a little. I'll keep playing with it.

Thanks, Tom
Old 01-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Add me to the list of satisfied user's of this mod.

Left turns are better now, but still behave in an odd way. I feel that the MSRX is flawed and this simplys helps mask the problem. I hope Blade fixes future versions of this heli.
chardur is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gave it a shot, and after 4 days of tail in hovering I was doing laps around my living room in both directions! The second battery in though my elevator servo push rod went nuts when I turned on the heli and settled the swash on a 45 angle towards the tail, it also took about 10 secs for it to initialize. I hit the cyclic a couple of times and it leveled out the swash but it didnt look good. 3rd batterty it initialized normally. I do notice that it is drifting back more in hover, would I go down another turn on the elevator to fix this? Also, are you guys putting grommets on the swash where the servo rod connects or just the linkages from the head to the swash? How many total points with grommets?
bmilla39 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine initialized this morning and hovers fine. Don't understand it, but don't care at this point, it flies so much better! I put grommets on the swash where it connects to servos. Never tried it on the other ball links on any of my helis. Anxious to hear from more experienced pilots.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmilla39 View Post
Gave it a shot, and after 4 days of tail in hovering I was doing laps around my living room in both directions! The second battery in though my elevator servo push rod went nuts when I turned on the heli and settled the swash on a 45 angle towards the tail, it also took about 10 secs for it to initialize. I hit the cyclic a couple of times and it leveled out the swash but it didnt look good. 3rd batterty it initialized normally. I do notice that it is drifting back more in hover, would I go down another turn on the elevator to fix this? Also, are you guys putting grommets on the swash where the servo rod connects or just the linkages from the head to the swash? How many total points with grommets?
On the mcpx, you'd put grommets on the swash where the servo links connect

The idea is to add just a little side load to remove free play

I bought my msrx used, it had thin grommets on the blade grips - I don't even know if that is stock?

Basically you could use grommets where ever there is play, don't do so much as to bind it up though

I can't say that I have noticed any backwards drift, you could try moving your battery forward or back and see if this has any effect
Is your tail motor pointing dead horizontal? if it had a small angle the resultant vector could cause drift
Old 01-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will give this a try later as been struggling with left turns
Macca187 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Very nice explaination and vid on page 1 t2r2t. What do you do with your hands during all that free time you have created with a hands off hover? Your wife isn't make you dust is she? :-)
Old 01-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorbroke View Post
Very nice explaination and vid on page 1 t2r2t. What do you do with your hands during all that free time you have created with a hands off hover? Your wife isn't make you dust is she? :-)
Thanks, Lol no dusting for me (except with the draft from my helis)...... I'm off flying my sim at the same time as my msrx!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:00 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok, got to spend some time with my mSRX yesterday. the +3 to -1 adjustment made mine worse. So I went back to stock and used the method whereby you 3 click your rudder trim, and then manual adjust the swash links for the best drift free hover.

I am at +3 on aileron and +2 on elevator.... may need to tinker a little bit more but I am closer. I can now control piro type turns, before it would slide out so fast that you had to be heavy on the cyclic to try and control it.

Much better flying experience.

Thanks for everyones experience.
FireDoug is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDoug View Post
Ok, got to spend some time with my mSRX yesterday. the +3 to -1 adjustment made mine worse. So I went back to stock and used the method whereby you 3 click your rudder trim, and then manual adjust the swash links for the best drift free hover.

I am at +3 on aileron and +2 on elevator.... may need to tinker a little bit more but I am closer. I can now control piro type turns, before it would slide out so fast that you had to be heavy on the cyclic to try and control it.

Much better flying experience.

Thanks for everyones experience.
They seem to be coming out of the box with different degrees of swash leveling. Some have reported the swashes as initially level, and some have noticed a tilt. The first thing I did was level mine, and it turned out to be the wrong approach! I do think the +3-1 fix will only work if you start with a level swash, and even then it is a ballpark adjustment. Your swash was probably not in the same plane as mine when we made our adjustments. It may vary from model to model as well...
Ric66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

After dealing with these helis over the years, MCX, MSR, 120, SR, 400, MSRx, I went to school to take a test as Brain Surgeon, and I passed with flying colors. Thanks HH.

ticklegs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Could someone who has done this mod and had good results post a video of their msrx in a hover and then doing slow stationary piros in each directio to give us an idea of how good it can get? So we know when to stop and don't expect too much and spend forever adjusting in vein
fr34k is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 01:26 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My unmodified mSR X tends to drift left-and-back in hover and jumps left-and-back on takeoff.

I correct both issues with trimming using the MLP4DSM transmitter. Four clicks forward and five clicks right allows me to take off almost vertically and allows me to hover with very little correction. I can also rudder left and right in place from hover with very little correction.

I can only report what works for me...
Technologist is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 06:02 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr34k View Post
Could someone who has done this mod and had good results post a video of their msrx in a hover and then doing slow stationary piros in each directio to give us an idea of how good it can get? So we know when to stop and don't expect too much and spend forever adjusting in vein
"Posted at 5:30 AM" does that time actually exist?

I'll try to do a video but I always get stage fright

If I get into a stable hover and then able rudder only, it will piro probably getting to about 180' before starting to drift, this is without any cyclic correction, if I carry on with rudder it will eventually drift more and continue to accelerate away, the reality is that I will correct any drift using the cyclic controls way before it drifts away

The uncorrected drift isn't a sudden dart off, it is a gradual constantly accelerating drift, imagine a ball rolling down a shallow incline, it gradually speeds up, eventually getting very fast if left alone. However if you prod the stick early it will stop the drift, I guess continuing the analogy, you're not actually stopping the ball rolling, more levelling the slope before the ball has had a chance to speed up

Does that make any sense? Of course when I'm flying I don't actually think about it, I'm still learning and these reactions are becoming more automatic. When you look at the really good pilots they seem to correct for movement before it actually happens

Here's a video posted by TNT, showing some nice controlled flying, including some piros, I'm, sure that he is correcting any drift

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGhBCNZexoE[/ame]

and a video of some nice flying with the stock TX which does make things harder(also not me)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frAyW7xEkVA[/ame]

Last edited by toys2cars2toys; 02-11-2012 at 05:30 PM..
Old 02-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

After flying the mSR X for 2 weeks I was struggling with turns so I went back to this adjustment, tweeking this way and that. I ended up with nice solid turns both right and left with 3 turns out on aileron and 0 on elevator.
DX6i
kfrisbee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Somebody, please help me. I really do not know what I am doing wrong...

I have been trying to apply this mod with no success so far.

At one point, the aileron link was so forward (short), the servo would even move...

Right now, I don't know any more how many turns up or down I have on each link...

I behaves like this:
From a stable hover:
On slow right rudder (heli piros clockwise looking from above), it shoots right and forward;
On slow left rudder (heli piros counterclockwise, looking from above), it shoots right and forward;

I am not being able to establish a good correlation from what I do with the links and the heli's behaviour afterwards...

According to the proposed mod, what should I do given the above behaviour? Which link? How many turns at a time? Which way?

Should I try to adjust just one of the links first, and then the other, or both at the same time? I mean, does it make any difference? Do they influence one another?

I really appreciate any help.

Best regards,
Daniel
dgomes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in