Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Everyone is complaining about price but...

If you buy an mCP X BNF V2 you are looking at like $120-140 then looking at a nice brushless kit XP12A is 20 + 7 for BLheli, $40 for a HP06V2, $13 for a 120SR motor, $5 for some 2 or 3mm solid boom material, $5 a pop for hyperion 550s, ~$20 for a astroid 120SR derlin mount and fin...

$279 doesn't seem all that bad to me?
c3hutson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also, the Blade 450X BNF has a $500 MSRP. I know a place where you can get it for $400 and $470. So, the same will happen with the 130X.
Agibbs996 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agibbs996 View Post
Also, the Blade 450X BNF has a $500 MSRP. I know a place where you can get it for $400 and $470. So, the same will happen with the 130X.
Ampdraw has it priced for $240 shipped.
GoodOmens is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3hutson View Post
If you buy an mCP X BNF V2 you are looking at like $120-140 then looking at a nice brushless kit XP12A is 20 + 7 for BLheli, $40 for a HP06V2, $13 for a 120SR motor, $5 for some 2 or 3mm solid boom material, $5 a pop for hyperion 550s, ~$20 for a astroid 120SR derlin mount and fin...

Assuming you love it as is out of the box. It will probably need its own special set of mods that arent free as well. Heavily modded is heavily modded and its not really a fair xomparison since you are comparing a tricked out mcpx to a stock 130x only time will prove out the actual cost of ownership.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

fwiw...

If it is anywhere near as good as the 450x...Only mods you'll need is what you just feel you have to....

John.
bmlasater is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

A lot of people that I see commenting about this won't be outflying the heli anyway so mods are a moot point.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
A lot of people that I see commenting about this won't be outflying the heli anyway so mods are a moot point.
Everyone has an opinion and not all mods are for performance gains. For example look at all those little plastic ball connectors. For those of us that are not expert pilots that's gonna require some aluminum right there unless we just enjoy replacing blade grips and swashes....just for an example.

I also like the stereotype of if you ain't got a 450 or better cp you probably aren't a good pilot. I have several friends with 450-600 size cp helicopters that can't fly any of them or my Msrx nearly as well as i can. I never judge a pilot based on their hanger....let me see them fly what in their hanger....just cuz you got it don't mean ship.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhelicrasher View Post
Assuming you love it as is out of the box. It will probably need its own special set of mods that arent free as well. Heavily modded is heavily modded and its not really a fair xomparison since you are comparing a tricked out mcpx to a stock 130x only time will prove out the actual cost of ownership.
Mods are mods, but all the OP was doing was trying to show an apples to apples insofar as you can make one with an mCPX. You can't realistically make the tail the same but you can do the upgrade to BL. The point made is that by the time you upgrade the tail to get decent performance and make the motor BL you are in the same price area, and that is not counting your time to do the work.
koko76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not judging based on hangars, more about time in the hobby. Also, those that keep worrying about crash durability may be a little disappointed with this one if they're used to relying on the mCP's ability to bounce and fly again. To each their own and I'm not trying to come off insulting towards newer pilots but this heli's target market is advanced pilots so it's built with performance ahead of crash survivability. I'm sure there will be those who just like to tinker, mod, and improve things and there isn't a heli out there that people don't fiddle with. I am sure people will drop different motors in it and batteries as well as try to come up with "crash proof" mods as timewerx did for the 4G6's and similar. I just don't think this heli will need anything out of the box to render it flyable and it should be adequately powered for intermediate pilots coming up from mCP's or sport flying with bigger helis. We don't yet know how it will 3D in the hands of the average consumer. Some will remember the mCP promo vids and how difficult it was to replicate the moves they saw in it. Pro's can make every heli look capable but we won't truly know until we get them.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Not judging based on hangars, more about time in the hobby. Also, those that keep worrying about crash durability may be a little disappointed with this one if they're used to relying on the mCP's ability to bounce and fly again. To each their own and I'm not trying to come off insulting towards newer pilots but this heli's target market is advanced pilots so it's built with performance ahead of crash survivability. I'm sure there will be those who just like to tinker, mod, and improve things and there isn't a heli out there that people don't fiddle with. I am sure people will drop different motors in it and batteries as well as try to come up with "crash proof" mods as timewerx did for the 4G6's and similar. I just don't think this heli will need anything out of the box to render it flyable and it should be adequately powered for intermediate pilots coming up from mCP's or sport flying with bigger helis. We don't yet know how it will 3D in the hands of the average consumer. Some will remember the mCP promo vids and how difficult it was to replicate the moves they saw in it. Pro's can make every heli look capable but we won't truly know until we get them.
Fair enough and i also like to be the devils advocate to provoke thoughtful discussion . Also time in hobby also has alot to do with the amount of obsession errr dedication one has. For example i personally fly my Msrx 20-35 battery packs daily and will do the same with my mcpx when I pick it up later in the month.

I suspect I will see much more progress than the weekend only big bird field flyer in a much shorter time. Maybe its my Ocd ....lol.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3hutson View Post

$279? Who buys from HH directly anyway. It's way to expensive. Gotta go ampdraw or the several other cheap places.
victorb17 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

M guilty of the same from time to time. All is well, just a friendly discussion to pass the time (of which there is plenty while waiting for this thing).

The mCP will definitely help you progress with CP's my flying skills grew a lot when I got it, partly due to the amount of flights I could get in out front rather than going to the field (only a 5min drive but still...) and because of it's ability to take crashes. Also, once you get the hang of throwing around the mCP everything else is much easier. This heli will definitely be a good step after the mCP and also a nice flying bird for those with larger helis that want a yard/ small field flier. It seems to have ample power from the sounds in the vids so it won't require quite the same finesse as the bog happy mCP does and should be much easier to perfect moves that you are fairly good at doing. I'm not looking at this thing to be really durable but it will certainly be much easier on the wallet in a crash than anything bigger while still able to out perform a stock mCP. I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl about this, I've been hounding Blade for a few years now (on here) to make a TT 120(ish) sized bird and they've finally (almost) delivered. Just hoping to scrounge up the extra cash to place a preorder before they're all spoken for. This is gonna be one quick selling heli I predict.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well if you miss the pre order your local hobbytown usa will probably have one on the shelf the day after its available. I am lucky in that sense as it seems i am the only one who actually buys helicopter stuff from my lhs ...their inventory only seems to change based on what i personally buy. They have alt of helis and parts that others seems to have a hard time finding for example they currently have 2 bnf and one rtf mcpx on the shelf.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know about that, my new hobbytown hadn't even heard of the mCP and it had been out for a few months at that point. I'll probably try to get in on the deal at Ampdraw. Luckily I've got a few options of LHS's so one should be able to knock a few bucks off to keep me from going to the others. Technically I could preorder it and a boatload of spares right now. It that money is spoken for, getting a new fork for my downhill mountain bike for a steal at just $700, normally $1,000. :-/
Old 04-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Funny i used to be really into motorcycles still am bit wallet not co operating currently....switched to mountain bikes and put way too much money into a hardtail Giant revel 2 did it up with all the king stuff and x-9 derailers and carbon wheels etc....sold it to catch up on some bills and get my current helicopter stuff....lol. Wife says only one hobby at a time.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Therein lies the beauty of being single and kid free. I'm currently riding an Iron Horse 7point full suspension (7" of travel front and rear). Working on upgrading to a full on DH rig (8" travel and slacker geometry) and the fork is step 1. Next tax check will be a new frame (Transition TR450) for between $2,000-2,500. Certainly not cheap but the rush is more than worth it. People talk about helis having pucker factor, not even close to DH MTB'ing. Sucks that you had to sell yours, sounds like a sweet build. Too rocky here to really enjoy a hardtail. Speaking of the X-9, I just broke the cage on mine last Saturday, must've caught it on a rock bombing down the mountain, replacing it with an X-7 as the only difference is weight (and it's half the cost. I figure the derailleur on a DH is basically a disposable part so there's no sense in putting one on that costs too much.

To stay on topic, maybe I could sell some of my micro planes, my SR's, and other unused helis to help offset the cost...
Old 04-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I don't know about that, my new hobbytown hadn't even heard of the mCP and it had been out for a few months at that point. I'll probably try to get in on the deal at Ampdraw. Luckily I've got a few options of LHS's so one should be able to knock a few bucks off to keep me from going to the others. Technically I could preorder it and a boatload of spares right now. It that money is spoken for, getting a new fork for my downhill mountain bike for a steal at just $700, normally $1,000. :-/
Down hillers out my way are nuts. Some of the stuff they build and ride out here in BC is crazy. I still kick it old school on a hard tail trex 6500 with Avid elixer R brakes and a manitou slate front end. I must be doing ok because I still leave my old lady on her Trex fuel and my bros in the dust! lol There is a really nice network of trails here in Port Alberni for cross country riding. Used to be some nice DH stuff but I heard they logged it recently. I tried to ride it on my ride it was disastrous. I got my eye on the Trex Slash these days! Anyways I am done my thread jack for now
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lucky bastard!!! There is some awesome ridin your way. We've got some nice gnarly runs loaded with rocks and speed but the vids I've seen of BC are just unreal. Search "Matt Miles Sun Peaks" for some sweet footage. Anyhow, good to hear you still have something to ride on all that land there is up there.

Back on topic. I think the price is too high, I think the price is fair.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Lucky bastard!!!
yes I am between the Helis the kiteboarding and the mountain biking I am blessed.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

i think price is good would they sell more if cheaper sure but will they sell a lot at 279 you bet. mcpx only needed extended boom and real batterys in my book

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in