Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 01:11 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, they are identical. I have an Align KDE head in my wish list at HD. It will probably be the next fbl head I buy. I know someone else who used one with the same Rave grips I am looking at and it works perfectly.
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey! Luvmyhelis , thats good to hear, i don't really need another 400 but i got a GT-5 FBL unit at a good price so what the hell , looks cheap compared the the 6HV i've been squandering on. I was going to have used 450X parts but that would be march now.
mrultralite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
Is this the head that you're talking about?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...450_heli_.html

What do I need for the feathering shaft? Should I go with the Align 450 Pro feathering shaft?
This head is back in stock ... but I still do not understand if I need some more pieces. Ok I still have the KBDD dampers. But where do the two "radius arms" go? Do I need to buy an extra washout lock? Can I use the sonix feathering shafts?
bandit.r is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit.r View Post
This head is back in stock ... but I still do not understand if I need some more pieces. Ok I still have the KBDD dampers. But where do the two "radius arms" go? Do I need to buy an extra washout lock? Can I use the sonix feathering shafts?

There are pics in the CNCheli site of the assembly of the Rjx head which is identical. Just follow that. No extra washout lock is needed. No, the Sonix fs will not work as they are too short. Yes the Trex pro shafts are correct. Just pick up half a dozen extras at HK when you order. The orange pro 4mm dampners work perfectly. The head is an exact knock off of the Rjx except it uses harder metal and isn't as prone to fbl grip arm failures as documented in numerous posts in the Trex 450 forums (take a look at post 15 here)
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=371588&page=2
One mod I do like to do on these and the Rjx is to use longer 12mm bolts that hold the swash lock arms down and use nylon lock nuts on the backside where they exit. Just a safety net. I have seen reports of them coming loose and had it happen to me as they age and fatigue. Never had a problem since doing this. Also here are a few extra links on assembly. ScottS has a thorough build thread on the Rjx setup also. Check out this next link here on the B400 section.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=330849
And especially this last one, it also has another link into the Trex section included that will answer every question.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=341842
Hope this all helps.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Luv ... perfect post that summarize about going FBL ...

is this the shaft that fit in the 15$ head?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...x4mm_2pcs.html
Old 02-03-2012, 12:09 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep. cheap too. I am reaming out a few of them this evening adding in larger dia end bolts to keep my 420s in place. Every one I have used has been spot on too. For the $$ it is hard to beat.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

The HK FBL head is in backorder again ... just after a few days!!
Old 02-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, they are getting pretty well known and go fast. Just like half the other stuff I needed there yesterday. I had one carted, went to look for some other CF rod to tie into shipping, by the time I came back it was BO. Nuts.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:58 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

what do you think about the tarot one? It seems quite popular too.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hear ok things about it on the Trex forums but I haven't personally had my hands on it. My experience with the Tarot parts I have had is that they seem to be hit and miss. They suffer the exact same q/c issues as align does.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:22 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The RJX clone Flybarless head from HK is back in stock. Check the this post for a discount code ($12.56):
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2241

I just got 3 of them. Psyched that I'm finally going to be able to finish this project!
butterfingers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
My experience with the Tarot parts I have had is that they seem to be hit and miss. They suffer the exact same q/c issues as align does.
My Tarot head looks good, but the machining on the turnbuckle links is poor--misaligned hole with a big burr on one, poor threading on the other (unusable). I ended up replacing them with Align links.
Harbormaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use xtreme turnbuckle. I think it's a little better quality than the ones that come with the tarot head.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just ordered in the Tarot Fbl grips to try on a new head setup I am playing with. By the time I get this finished I will have 6 different manufacturer parts in this mess. When I moved my servo up into the head area I had to run shorter arms. This changed the servo/swash/to grip ratio. I now have to run arms on the grips that set close to the head for a 1:1 ratio. This should get interesting. My last setup using the sonix fbl center worked, but not at the higher headspeeds I like to run. That extra half inch of width in the fbl heads such as the tarot/Rjx/align/and knock offs that require the use of the longer 51mm pro fs really helps stabilize the blades. Even though my prev setup worked with 360mm and shorter blades the 420s pushed it over the edge when I hit 2500. The blades started wobbling.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question

Guys....

I'm a little stuck on this thing. I put together the HK FBL head, and stuck it on my B400, but the anti-rotation guide isn't cooperating. The swash follower links are getting caught on the anti-rotation guide. Should I be using a different anti-rotation guide? I searched already, but didn't find much. It looks like a bunch of you are using the cnchelicopter.com b400 CF frame http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...ade-400/Detail but I'd rather not rebuild the entire thing right now.

What do I do????

Thanks!

Old 04-24-2012, 08:36 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is it possible for you to mount the swash follower arms from the B400 FB head, onto the HK head? There would be a little 'extra' part that connects to nothing, but maybe the length of the arm would be ok. This would also allow you to use the B400 balls as well.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 10:13 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think I'm just going to fabricate something ugly out of some carbon fiber I've got.

BTW, did anyone have to the bottom out some of the swash follower to get good range of motion with the swash?

I'm using the HDX swash referenced earlier (with the raised center), but am still having binding on the swash follower.

Thanks for the help. I'll get this done eventually!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

man dont tell me that. im waiting for my HK FBL head to come in. Luvmyhelis said the head is a direct replacement.
Blade 130X - Lynx EOX / Blade 300x - AR7200BX, 2213-3585 / Trex 500ESP DFC - AR7200BX, 500MX / Trex 550e DFC - AR7200BX, 600MX / TSA 600e Pro - AR7200BX, 700MX / TBS Discovery FPV - APM, Sunnysky 980kv/ DX8
jabu32 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Shoot plenty of room on all of mine. I did clearance the outer swash arms on all of mine to clear the upper servo to swash end links. I like having clearance up to 15/15 so there is never any binding. Plus I ground off any protruding servo ball threads coming through the swash arms on the inside in case the swash to grip link ends twist and snag on them. Other than this, they work.

Also, don't forget to run longer swash stab arm bolts and nut them on the backside! It is cheap insurance.

Keep in mind. The HK head is a direct knockoff of the Rjx head. And out of the several sets I have used only one came in that wasn't machined correctly. Keep in mind I used to wreck alot.
As far as swashes go, this one pictured is the same one both scott S and I are using, but Helidirect discontinued this. So the ones we talked about earlier at Cnc heli were the best guess as its replacement. I would hate to think that the option doesn't work. One of these days mine is going to wear out. I was planning on ordering that one we discussed as its backup. The last pic is my latest combo using the Rave grips. They even place the ball closer to the head than the stock HK grips did, and I still have plenty of clearance past the swash stab arms.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06578.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	311090   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06580.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	311091   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06581.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	311092  
Old 04-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Okay. I think it's the length of the linkage balls. The ball links are binding on the edge of the swash center. I'm going to try the Trex 500 balls, and see if that fixes the binding issue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in