Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Post Question: What is the diffeence in 3GX settings (expert/Beginner)

Hi All,

I am just getting my 550 3gX off the ground (only tried a hover). It really seems sensitive on the elev/ale sticks. So I am going to increse expo and add dual rate
for normal mode. Which got me to thinking about the software settings in the 3GX.

My thought was that the 3GX needs to know the mechanicals of your set-up, so that is why we set the limits etc. Just so that it can control the head properly to provide the flybar function. But otherwise I would have thought that it should always pass through any signals from the transmitter. So any tamng of the controls would be done at the transmitter.

Obviously I am missing something, can anyone explain what changes in the 3GX between Expert/normal/beginner?

Thanks,

Dan
dpinvidic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 3GX does get in the way between the inputs you give and what ends up at the swash, just as a flybar does. This is controlled partially by the bell-hiller mixing, but other settings will also have an impact, such as "Flight Condition Control" which affects the directness of the controls (much as upping the Bell I guess), and is similar to the control in/out settings on the CGY750.

As for the default settings for the different models, see below for the 1.2 settings. The main changes are the control rates.

Spreadsheet also attached for your convenience.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-01-17 at 19.38.15.jpg
Views:	2193
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	281586  
Attached Files
File Type: xls Defaults.xls (37.5 KB, 308 views)
Blackout 330/OpenPilot Revo with FatShark 600mW VTX, Futaba 8FG 2.4GHz
Steve Evans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Steve, Awesome information. but you know that too much information can lead to more questions. I will get my 3GX hooked up to the PC tonight, and set it to beginner 600 (for a 550E) and give it a try.

One more question: how would you decide when to change a Tx setting or a 3GX parameter? I am thinking the 3GX adjustments are more related to speed of the servo movements, while the Tx setting still depends on Dual rate and expo. In other words, it seems like the TX can only translate a stick position to a servo position. And the 3GX parameters are acutally a way of changing the Flybar system electronically instead of mechanically (like longer mixing arms).

Also, where would someone look to find out what these paramaters really do as far as heli actions?
dpinvidic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 02:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The tuning on the Tx is really limited to setting pitch ranges and expos which are basically setting how fast you want the helicopter to move at full stick, and how much you want to tame that down at mid-stick.

The tuning of the 3GX is mainly about it's control of the helicopter, enabling it to turn and stop it at your command without delays, bounce, wobbles etc. and to also affect how immediately your commands are interpreted which affects smoothness and also trading stability vs manouvereability.

The settings I listed can be explored in the PC app where hovering over any slider brings up an explanation "tooltip".

Steve
Blackout 330/OpenPilot Revo with FatShark 600mW VTX, Futaba 8FG 2.4GHz
Steve Evans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

do you have settings for v2 ?
Sajeev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
3gx, programming, software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in