mini cp problems - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Mini CP


Mini CP Walkera Mini CP Helicopter Support


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 05:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 8,163
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Victoria, Australia
Default mini cp problems

Hi guys, ok had a mini cp a while ago and it was perfect out of the box.

Not i got the genius and mini cp.

The genius all good, the mini cp i got from the "friday drunk" production worker.

It had jittery servo from new, main shaft collar slipped down, servo holder screw missing (servos jump around).

I replace the servo and took it for a flight, thought it was good after about 20 sec it goes crazy and hits the roof and veers off!
Tried again same stuff! It doesnt happen in a hover only when doing sharp cyclic inputs.

Now i found the collar slipped and tried the spare blades (seem better balanced) adjust tracking, tighten PCB screws. It seems to have less vibes and hovering around it seems ok.

I dont trust it 100% but what do you guys think? Can the vibes confuse the gyro and make it go cuckoo??

I will try on the weekend, hopefully its fine.

Wanted to send it back but to HK is a bit dear so i just bought the servo. Oh and to top it off one of the devo 7 tx is also faulty, elev pot shows 100% travel and does not move in output screen! Grrrr lucky i got 2 TX!

PIA
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Canada
Default

I can tell vibrations can confuse gyro when I tried multiwii. We can watch the gyro outputs via an USB connection. Everything was working fine running off a heli. When I put it on my shaky ebay 450, the gyros became totally blind. All I got were meaningless flat lines from the gyros as well as the accelerometers.

We may get away with vibrations using mechanically stabilization but not electronics.

Good luck.
nolhs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: united states, michigan, wixom
Default

I bet your servo gears are missing teeth. Open the servos up and start counting teeth. The heli will behave exactly like what you said. We have learned to do a servo saver mod since the slightest crash will eat some teeth inside the servo. Buy replacement gears if its only the one gear. If it happens to be the teeth under the horn=your screwed. You will then need a new servo since that gear is unavailable and almost impossible to fix.

The heli will act normal with some teeth missing, but when you hit that sweet spot=boom i will go in another direction. You might get away with moving the bad gear 180 degrees.
mescalinedream is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Default

It's also possible the servo potentiometers, which are PoS specials, are dirty and could use some contact cleaner sprayed on them and then blown dry with compressed air.

That often helps, assuming what MescalineDream mentioned, missing teeth, isn't a factor or even if it is, missing teeth and a dirty pot.
Heli-opolis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2012, 02:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 8,163
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Victoria, Australia
Default

Ok it went crazy rx is faulty. Really bad luck to get devo7, 1 servo and 1 rx faulty.

Ordered barebones to replace and keep the old one for parts
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Default

I've read that Walkera is now fixing RX's for 'free', with you paying to cost of shipping and waiting the month or so for it to be sent, repaired and returned.

Getting a body-only bird is an excellent idea in any event but if you have one you can fly and can get the old RX repaired for only the cost of shipping, it seems like it would be a good deal all around.

I'm not sure how one goes about getting an RMA for a return though although I would guess an email sent to Walkera would provide any needed answers.
Heli-opolis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 04:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 8,163
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Victoria, Australia
Default

I tell you what this is really bad, so i sold my mini cp advertised with all the faults for about $80 (faulty devo 7, faulty rx, i replaced 1 faulty servo from new), then the barebones i get again missing screw and stripped servo out of the box and sloppy head (the worst i have seen).

Is walkera sleeping??? 2 in a row, never had an issue for a long time now 2 in a row?
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 7,916
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicraze View Post
I tell you what this is really bad, so i sold my mini cp advertised with all the faults for about $80 (faulty devo 7, faulty rx, i replaced 1 faulty servo from new), then the barebones i get again missing screw and stripped servo out of the box and sloppy head (the worst i have seen).

Is walkera sleeping??? 2 in a row, never had an issue for a long time now 2 in a row?
I know what I do is probably a bit over the top but I order my walkera from Wow hobbies, in the States. They have so far provided me with really good service.

Example:

I recently obtained their brushless converted mini CP - it was fine out of the box, I noticed they paid particular attention to reinforcing the canopy as well, and including 2 decent sized lipos. The coil that keeps falling off - this was glued. This attention to detail - is worht the premium buying a conversion from them I think. Well pleased I was. To the point of being tempted to buy another one.

I guess they really do look at the heli before they send it out to you, that's why I don't mind paying a bit more to get stuff from them. At least that's my impression after getting 3 walkera micros from them.

Whom were you buying from, out of interest?

And, as an aside, we really should try and persuade someone down here to start distributing walkera, don't you think?
__________________
2018 or bust!
spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Jersey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicraze View Post
Hi guys, ok had a mini cp a while ago and it was perfect out of the box.

Not i got the genius and mini cp.

The genius all good, the mini cp i got from the "friday drunk" production worker.

It had jittery servo from new, main shaft collar slipped down, servo holder screw missing (servos jump around).

I replace the servo and took it for a flight, thought it was good after about 20 sec it goes crazy and hits the roof and veers off!
Tried again same stuff! It doesnt happen in a hover only when doing sharp cyclic inputs.

Now i found the collar slipped and tried the spare blades (seem better balanced) adjust tracking, tighten PCB screws. It seems to have less vibes and hovering around it seems ok.

I dont trust it 100% but what do you guys think? Can the vibes confuse the gyro and make it go cuckoo??

I will try on the weekend, hopefully its fine.

Wanted to send it back but to HK is a bit dear so i just bought the servo. Oh and to top it off one of the devo 7 tx is also faulty, elev pot shows 100% travel and does not move in output screen! Grrrr lucky i got 2 TX!

PIA
help please. how would i know on a mini cp if the shaft collar has slipped? and how do i fix it?
neoneo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 22
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: metamora, mi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoneo View Post
help please. how would i know on a mini cp if the shaft collar has slipped? and how do i fix it?
From what I know, the collar should be down against the bearing and the main gear/shaft should not have any play up or down with it like that.
__________________

Walkera Mini CP w/Devo 10
mvezz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply




Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Location
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1