Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default AR7200BX setup step N

I'm not overly sure about this step. What exactly am I looking for? Should the swash stay pointed to the front of the heli or stay pointed at at fixed location, i.e. the kitchen door or something like that? (When you hold the rotor and spin the heli) Mine doesn't seem to do either and the setting I have assumed is correct is actually the reverse one, according to the setup light.

Also, if the pitch and aileron servos were swapped, would this affect the setup? I bought my heli without the controller, the plugs were all marked, but I now suspect these may have been marked incorrectly.
Angrydad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Upon entering Setup Menu N, the swash is purposely tilted.......As you piro your heli, the tilted swash should remain in the same plane as you piro.

Search YouTube for "mguw"......Marcel's 4-part video tutorial on the BeastX is excellent and will explain this clearly....

In fact, I believe that viewing this vieo tutorial should be mandatory for anyone using a BeastX or AR7200BX....

FWIW
EEngineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

should stay pointed in the same direction. Purpose is to keep the heli tracking in the same direction during piro
Old 06-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gonna be a super cheap 450 x up on the for sale board here soon - or on the bottom of the estuary down the road from here! Tried to get a hover out of it again today, not a chance, not even close. I can hover my $79.00 HK 450 at least, but this thing won't even lift the skids without tipping, tilting, sliding, etc. Tipped it over eventually, I think th cut saved the drivetrain, although I'm not sure all the servos are healthy now.

Ran through the Beast X setup again, now I can't get the swashplate to move in the right direction for collective unless I reverse the aileron and pitch servo directions. Then the aileron control gets reversed. Seriously, for an expensive helicopter that gets rave reviews, I'm starting to think mine is just a POS
Old 06-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

AD, did you youtube mguw's videos?....

Setup Menu I is where you adjust servo reversing, first.

I went through the same thing as you're going through......

Finally, I just simply did the "factory" reset.....enter any Setup Menu(A thru N) and then press the button for 10 sec.............you'll know...all the LEDs blink and so forth.....

Power down....and then go through the whole setup procedure......

And remember, for I have made this mistake, don't twiddle the cyclics in Parameter Menu A...Param. A is a blinking status LED........If you move the cyclics, you are adding "trim"....and when you exit this menu, you cannot come back to factory status.....unless you reset.....I screwed myself on this and had to reset......it works...lol

Just set your Tx settings to the manual specs...........take a deep breath.....and just do an AR7200BX factory reset as described above........

What I did was to have my laptop by my workbench.....so as I was doing each step, I could halt the video as necessary at each step of the Setup Menu A thru N.....

AR7200BX factory reset is highly recommended at this point, AD.......FWIW
Old 06-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I found a tutorial on youtube for setting micro beast, but haven't found part 1 yet. The frustrating part is I was happy with running through the beast x settings until today! Anyway, I'll search when I get home. Had to leave it for a while to stop me living up to my username
Old 06-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also make sure you have not got the pitch servo lead and Aileron mixed up at the Ar7200BX, Dont ask how i know... but lets say it makes for a very short flight.

One of my first mistakes after an early rebuild.
retired to the black bin bag!!

Flying_Amp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 11:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Amp View Post
Also make sure you have not got the pitch servo lead and Aileron mixed up at the Ar7200BX, Dont ask how i know... but lets say it makes for a very short flight.

One of my first mistakes after an early rebuild.
That's one of the things I thought was wrong. I unplugged both of them and then tried one by one. That's where my troubles started! Aileron is the right hand side, looking from the tail rotor end, and pitch on the left?
Old 06-17-2012, 11:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrydad View Post
I found a tutorial on youtube for setting micro beast, but haven't found part 1 yet. The frustrating part is I was happy with running through the beast x settings until today! Anyway, I'll search when I get home. Had to leave it for a while to stop me living up to my username
The other parts of Marcel's videos are on the YouTube "sidebar".....as I mentioned, when you're going thru the complete setup.....A to N......the videos are a helpfull guide......

Don't get in a rush...take your time.....and viola!

In time, you will be an AR7200BX expert.......

FWIW
Old 06-18-2012, 12:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, I got it all working again, I swapped the aileron and aux1 plugs on the beast x and went through it again, servos are now all in normal, swash moves downwards (Correctly) for collective and aileron control works correctly. I even got the correct purple light (Default factory setting), for mix control, which I could never get before. All seems good, but now I'm confused. Again! Now if I unplug the aux 1 plug the right (STBD) side servo stops working. If I disconnect the AIL plug the left (PORT) side stops working. Isn't this now back to front? Or doesn't it matter?

Also, I thought my elevator servo was notchy, just took it apart and checked it, found nothing. I will try another hover as soon as I can get the nerve - nerves are shot to bits now! So much for my "Nice relaxing day off tinkering with and flying my helos"

Is this the series you are referring to?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQBOqa95zrQ[/ame]
Old 06-18-2012, 01:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice job!

Take your time...what's the rush?.....

Your success is our desire......

FWIW
Old 06-18-2012, 05:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Also, I thought my elevator servo was notchy, just took it apart and checked it, found nothing. I will try another hover as soon as I can get the nerve - nerves are shot to bits now! So much for my "Nice relaxing day off tinkering with and flying my helos"

If you think a servo is bad, it probably is. I had one that was definitely stripped, no question about it, and I still had trouble finding the bad gear. Those little white teeth covered in white grease are tough to see.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
OK, I got it all working again, I swapped the aileron and aux1 plugs on the beast x and went through it again, servos are now all in normal, swash moves downwards (Correctly) for collective and aileron control works correctly. I even got the correct purple light (Default factory setting), for mix control, which I could never get before. All seems good, but now I'm confused. Again! Now if I unplug the aux 1 plug the right (STBD) side servo stops working. If I disconnect the AIL plug the left (PORT) side stops working. Isn't this now back to front? Or doesn't it matter?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQBOqa95zrQ
No, that's correct. If the tail is pointing at you pitch is right, aileron is left, and elevator is front.
azezeil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2012, 06:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by azezeil View Post
No, that's correct. If the tail is pointing at you pitch is right, aileron is left, and elevator is front.
That may explain some of my problems - I was sure it was the other way around - is that the case with all CP helis, or is it unique to the 450 x? Or to helis with a front mounted elevator?

Still having a hard time even hovering this thing, gave up and took my TREX clone out instead. Still tricky, but far easier than this one
Old 06-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
That may explain some of my problems - I was sure it was the other way around - is that the case with all CP helis, or is it unique to the 450 x? Or to helis with a front mounted elevator?

Still having a hard time even hovering this thing, gave up and took my TREX clone out instead. Still tricky, but far easier than this one
If it's difficult to hover, keep the ele/aile throws at 100%, reduce the pitch to about 70% (remember to move the sticks when you do the throws and look at the little arrows as you have to do them in both directions) and use 50% DR and 20% expo for your ele and aile and ~70% DR and INH for rudder. This will really tone it down with a TC of 60% and make hovering much easier.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

A properly setup 450x is way more locked in and stable then the HK450. Been there, done that. The 450x will do exactly with you tell it to do, but a flybar HK450 will wonder all over the place.

However the factory setup 450x is very very responsive compared to the HK450. You can tone the 450x down till you find your comfort point. Ether TX mode using DR/EXPO or on the BeastX using sport mode (warning: change only one...but not both). Hang in there, and you will love 450x... the HK450 will be gathering dust.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by distructor View Post
You can tone the 450x down till you find your comfort point. Ether TX mode using DR/EXPO or on the BeastX using sport mode (warning: change only one...but not both). Hang in there, and you will love 450x... the HK450 will be gathering dust.
So sports mode is tamer than normal mode? That seems a bit odd! I'll try sports mode today, once I've checked out the servo issue and ran through all the settings,yet again.

I've been using the 450 clones (Actually got 2 of them) as training pigs, figuring I'd prefer to trash them than the 450 x. I'm already down to 1 now lol

I think my 450 x needs all 3 cyclic servos regearing - they're all notchy, compared to the rudder one

Last edited by Angrydad; 06-19-2012 at 02:11 AM..
Old 06-19-2012, 07:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So sports mode is tamer than normal mode? That seems a bit odd! I'll try sports mode today, once I've checked out the servo issue and ran through all the settings,yet again.

I've been using the 450 clones (Actually got 2 of them) as training pigs, figuring I'd prefer to trash them than the 450 x. I'm already down to 1 now lol

I think my 450 x needs all 3 cyclic servos regearing - they're all notchy, compared to the rudder one
I've not used Normal mode, so I can't say. I've 4 MCPXs that I use for learning new things. Always am fixing them, but other then a couple of tip-overs on landing in windy conditions I've managed to keep the 450x from serious harm in 74 flights.

IMHO, the stock servos are trouble waiting to happen. I have switched to h3000 on the mains, and have a ds95i tail on order.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
Closed Account

Wait a sec. Are you tuning the radio and setting the "flight mode" to sport? IIRC the manual says to leave everything (throw/DR/Expo) at 100% and simply select the desired flight mode in the BX? Not both. I set mine to "transmitter" and tune from there. This worked flawless when I transitioned my #2 7200 from the parts kit to a Rex Sport v3. I did the factory reset and went A-N to the letter.

Also, are you popping it off the ground or what? My 3G units were a bit more mellow about spooling near liftoff, BX not so much.
Error401 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in