Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Advice needed for next heli

Hello all!

I've been lurking around here reading for a while but this is my first thread. Absolutely love this forum. Thanks for all the great posts.

So, I currently have a B450 3D, mcx2 and Phoenix sim. I fly the mcx2 with no problem (as to be expected) in all orientations, and have maybe 30 hours on the sim. I can comfortably hover the 450 tail-in, however my skills end there. (Had a cocky moment where I tried to hover side-in and nose-in, did not end well... New spindle, main blades, main gear etc)

Anyways, I'm struggling to choose between the B120 SR or the MCPX as my next heli. I've read great things about the MCPX (crash resistant, can be toned down etc), however isn't the FP 120 much easier to fly? I would like a heli I can grow with, not just tail-in hover as I'm now doing with the 450. Also I study abroad and can't bring my 450 as there's no room for it where I study. I also wouldn't be able to put it in my luggage. However I _need_ to bring at least one heli and the MCX2 gets boring quite fast. So which would guys recommend? Mcpx or 120 SR?

Cheers,
Tom
Thomas89 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

mCP X. Best blade heli ever imho, mainly because it's a great CP trainer and tanks damage like a champ.

Don't get a 120sr would be my advice as I just find fp's fly different to cp's but that's imho.

Last edited by spykez; 07-16-2012 at 01:38 PM.. Reason: caveat: still waiting for my 130x ... this may then be the next best blade.
spykez is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
mCP X. Best blade heli ever imho, mainly because it's a great CP trainer and tanks damage like a champ.

Don't get a 120sr would be my advice as I just find fp's fly different to cp's but that's imho.
This post is 100% litehawkdown approved
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Owned both the 120 and MCPx. Still own and fly MCPx. The 120 gets boring fast. MCPx taught me so much.
Drivinfast247 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The sr120 will teach you little beyond what you already know. The mcpx is a complete blast and taught me how to fly properly. However, things become easier the bigger you get so if you can afford it, take a look at the 130x and 300x. Both of them are great value for money and tons of fun.

You really are spoilt for choice these days!
storrm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ditto on the mCP-X. It is a very good CP trainer with durability and crash"ability". It also is small enough for travel and can handle wind and such that the FP will fly off and be difficult to control. You are best trying to learn CP as that will be where you will have to go before long anyway.

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 06:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll get my hands on the mCPX asap! Appreciate the help
Thomas89 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 11:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mcpx all the way, it's a bit more twichy than the sr120 but makes up for it in durability (read the mcpx forums and do the mods (like hot glue on the link guides, and grommets on the swash/blade grips.

Another good investment wound be a good tx (I have dx8 and like it) dx6i or dx7 maybe another option if your on a budget
PhlipSticx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in